Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Pally Tanks and Exorcism

If you are mana starved in heroics, press Divine Plea button and pull more.
    Unless you have a newly dinged healer.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

I use Exorcism when a boss is in the air phase and I'm bored or in conjunction with taunt to pull something (because Wolvar casting animations look cool). There's pretty much no other reason to be using it as a tank.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

This is my way of regaining mana... pull more o.o The more there is the fast BoS restores mana and the faster runs go. I only use exoercism on still like marrowgaw in bonestorm, he runs away I SMITE HIM!

Otherwise stop stamina stacking, avoidance is ur mp5 with Sant and funnilly enuff its a tacking stat (If you classify avoidance as a stat).

10+ Year Old Account

I only Use it for pulls when shield throw is on cd and the enemys are undead

Never had mana probs in 5s btw...

DP+ skill that it always refresehs when hit + pulling fast and alot+ JoW= works best for me

also if i use Holy Shield i am Hit immun so i get 2% mana per hit anyway

But i addmit i mostly run hcs with a healer from my guild so i could pulle the whole instance and he would still be able to heal me ^^

I use exorcism a lot. Never while tanking, or taking damage from off-tanking.

Simple answer? Deathwhisper, Saurfang, Rotface (during poison spray), Festergut, Putricide, Sindragosa. These fights as a tank have us standing there doing pretty much nothing, why not focus on dps? Me personally I like beating some of the dps while tanking.

Exorcism > Holy Shield when not tanking, obviously.

If you have mana problems in heroics you're not pulling enough mobs at a time.

on topic:

I only use it to pull.

Casting exo - Bash my AS button till it goes off then run to the boss

It is a nice threat starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunado
    When I first read the title, I almost pooped myself. Then I clicked the link and laughed that poop out!
    /lol

I only use it to pull or while offtanking. If you are main tanking you pretty much have no room for it in your rotation. Even if the boss is casting, you can use it but your timing has to be perfect, I would rather cast avenger's shield or sacred shield on myself (if no other pally in the raid casting it on me) instead of using exorcism.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    MAAAANNAAAA-POOOOTTTIOOONSS!
    qft
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft
    I run on three different healers, and I've noticed that many of the paladin tanks (on two different battlegroups) often use Exorcism in the middle of fights. Usually it is against undead and therefore a guaranteed crit, but is it still worth it? Most of the time they get pushed back twice from damage, so is the crit from exorcism ever worth it for what ends up being a 2.5 sec cast time?
    Only reason a tank SHOULD use exorcism is to get hit and regen some mana from the extra healing they'll receive. Tanks that use it in raids during fights are just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft
    I run on three different healers, and I've noticed that many of the paladin tanks (on two different battlegroups) often use Exorcism in the middle of fights. Usually it is against undead and therefore a guaranteed crit, but is it still worth it? Most of the time they get pushed back twice from damage, so is the crit from exorcism ever worth it for what ends up being a 2.5 sec cast time?
    I USED EXORCISM TO PULL....ONLY

If your tank is having mana issues, simply ask him to take off a piece or two of armor.

I have used Exocism on Marrogar (Bone Storm phase) and Lady Deathwisper (between adds). In each case it is nearly pointless, but it's not hurting anything so...

If you are going OOM in heroics, stop casting Consecrate - that will 90% likely fix the problem.

i use it for pulling, and on fights where there's a pause in stuff hitting me. never have time to use it any other scenario as a tank

This is why my Paladin tank has 2 points in his Spiritual attunement in his heroic spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolished
    Exorcism > Holy Shield when not tanking, obviously.
    Resets the swing timer......

Quote Originally Posted by Castel
    I have used Exocism on Marrogar (Bone Storm phase) and Lady Deathwisper (between adds). In each case it is nearly pointless, but it's not hurting anything so...
    Technically it is, the damage from bone storm is physical, avoidable, and even blockable

Quote Originally Posted by Scort
    You could use it with Hand of Reckoning as a latency combo pulling tool, but that's only if you're not already getting hit.
    I do that all the time. Charge up an exorcism, and reckoning at the same time for a double hit. Then I throw my shield as a third attack for a LOT of burst threat.

Technically it is, the damage from bone storm is physical, avoidable, and even blockable
    If he's in range, I'm going through my rotation on him - it's a lot more dps. If he's out of range and hasn't gone to his third target yet, he gets Exorcism.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Outside of an enemy being unreachable - Svala in Utgarde Pinnacle, Onyxia in phase two, etc - there's no reason to use it at all. If you're using it to pull, you're slowing yourself down and contributing to why you have troubles keeping Divine Plea up, and therefore issues with mana.

There are very few heroics in Wrath of the Lich King where it is impossible to have 100% Divine Plea uptime, though in some it takes more effort than others. Violet Hold and Oculus are the most notable exceptions, due to their awkward respective portal and drake mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzzix
    Having said that, there are some times when you could use Exorcism...on Saurfang, for example, when the other tank has aggro, there's no need to use Holy Shield. You also want to avoid using Consecrate/HotR when the adds are up or are about to pop, so using Exorcism for single-target damage/aggro is a good thing (again, when the other tank has aggro), especially given the crit mechanic on Undead/demon mobs. You can also use Exorcism on Rotface while he's targetting someone else for spew but, even with the guaranteed crit, you might be better off sticking w/ your normal rotation.
    This!
    I use Exorcism, combined with a Hand of Reckoning for instance on Rotface while he is pukeing (only when SR, J and HoR are on CD though)
    Other examples are on BQL/Sindragosas air phases, Festergut/Saurfang while not tanking and having CDs etc.
    Not having it binded or on your action bars are just lame.

this thread really proves how bad most paladins are.

so far we have:

-casting while tanking
    -casting holy shield and bosanc only when they need mana
    -not keeping divine plea up
    -ranged attacking a mob when they can't cleanse themselves out of a snare (instead of BoF)
    -argument that all the above are great ideas

i don't know why pallies get a bad rep.