Looking for a new MMO.

Just lookin for feedback on the various that are out right now. I have been playing WoW way to long and I am trying to find something else because it is time for a change until Cata comes out. Who knows maybe I will get caught up and not come back to WoW at all. Well anyways any opinions out there?

Re: Looking for a new MMO.

If wow was your first mmo you're pretty much screwed, aion's a good one to try, but most everyone was spoiled by a levelling grind that was more fun than tedious and mindless like most other mmos

I hear good thing about lord of the rings online, but I've never tried it myself
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

I hear that WAR is pretty viable if you like PvP so I think i am gonna download the trial version today and see how it goes.

I had the Star Trek Online beta, was really good imo, considering buying it, maybe look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by rantus
    I had the Star Trek Online beta, was really good imo, considering buying it, maybe look at that.
    The majority disagrees, I heard it was bland, empty, and the chat was nearly as bad as wow trade is now

But opinions are opinions, so I digress
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

Quote Originally Posted by Almega
    The majority disagrees, I heard it was bland, empty, and the chat was nearly as bad as wow trade is now

But opinions are opinions, so I digress
    Welcome to the internet.

only thing really on the horizon is Star Wars: The Old Republic tho gawd knows when its due for release.

ones worth playing atm ? WAR maybe if your are into PvP and LOTRO if you aren't.

and EVE Online (again if your are into PvP) and want something that really doesn't remind you of WoW.

Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account

All Points Bulletin when it comes out is what I will be playing.
    http://www.apb.com

If you are ok with simplistic graphics, try Everquest 2/Lord of the Rings Online or Guild Wars. All are decent games that just happened to suffer due to World of Warcraft.

In the future Final Fantasy IV and Bioware's Star Wars game are coming out, I am 99% sure one of those two will pull me away from WoW permanently. I still do enjoy EQ2 when I need a change of scenary.

Depends on what you like, PVE, PVP, fantasy, Si-fi.

Most games are either good in PVE or good in PVP, unfortunately it is rare for games to be good in both. Although there are games that are better in just one of those parts, WoW has the best to offer if you like both.

Alternate MMO's you can look into that are aready released;

Warhammer, if you like PVP.
    Aion, if you like PVP and shiny graphics.
    Final Fantasy XI, if you don't care about PVP and grinding, lots of grindig.

Noteworthy future releases.

Final Fantasy XIV (late 2010)
    Star Wars: The Old Republic (2011?)
    Blizzards next MMO (Nobody knows)

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Your forum name is wow4lyfe05!

You're not allowed to leave!

If you want to have some change to regular theme park mmos I would suggest mortal online which is sandbox game. Age of conan is pretty fun theme park tough.

15+ Year Old Account

Just wait 2-3 years for Blizzard's new MMO which will make us all addicts for the next 5-10 years again. Wewt!

I play Eve Online, on and off. Its fun at times, and other times, boring as hell.

If you like shooting games and RPGs I suggest Global Agenda, very fun game.