Poll: If only 1, which 1?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: State of PvP

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

State of PvP

I got out of wow about a year ago, but I'm coming back soon. When I played before I was single and had a lot of time for wow. I played 3 toons that I enjoyed very much: Ret Paladin, Feral/Balance Druid, Mage

Although I'm coming back, I don't have the time I had before. I figure I have enough time to dedicate to one spec of one character. I do raid, but for that it doesn't really matter which one I pick, they all have fun play styles imo. So I'm asking about pvp. I love BGs, and smaller arenas (2v2 and 3v3). If you were coming back to wow which toon would you want right now?

Thanks for looking.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: State of PvP

Quote Originally Posted by FinalJudge
    If you were coming back to wow which toon would you want right now?

Thanks for looking.
    I guess Paladins will vote for....Paladin?
    Druids will probably vote for....Druid?
    Also, I think Mages will be voting for....Mage?

Seriously, can't keep saying this shit enough it seems. Roll whatever you like the most, don't make people change your way of looking at something.

I mean, if green is your favorite colour, and someone would say "lol green is ugly, blue is better", then would you start liking blue more? :

I guess Paladins will vote for.... Mages?
    Druids will probably vote for.... Paladins?
    Also, I think Mages will be voting for.... Druids?
    Fixt

Restoration Warlock , and partner with an arms rogue.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&cn=Smokelock

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    I mean, if green is your favorite colour, and someone would say "lol green is ugly, blue is better", then would you start liking blue more? :
    Yes i would.

Pick the class depending on what friends u got that might wanna arena with u. And never pick a balance druid for arena.

Deleted

Go ret pala, so you can't just faceroll your way trough every bg!

People still PvP? I thought anyone with half a brain had given up on that broken system a long time ago.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkle
    People still PvP? I thought anyone with half a brain had given up on that broken system a long time ago.
    Indeed, people with only half a brain are surprisingly often pve'ers

Quote Originally Posted by Lythox
    No you can't take the meaning of a well known phrase and twist it like that. Its the whole glass empty/full thing. The phrase means you have at least half a brain. Either you are foreign and can be forgiven or you're just a dick. I'm leaning to the latter.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

I like what you did there

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Erelyn
    Yes i would.

Pick the class depending on what friends u got that might wanna arena with u. And never pick a balance druid for arena.
    You're definitely doing it wrong. Basicly what you're saying is: Good comp > fun. :

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkle
    No you can't take the meaning of a well known phrase and twist it like that. Its the whole glass empty/full thing. The phrase means you have at least half a brain. Either you are foreign and can be forgiven or you're just a dick. I'm leaning to the latter.
    The fact you're explaining the phrase to me in detail shows how much of a half brainer/typical pve'er you are. thanks for amusing me in the late night though.

sigged. xD

poor guy, even came back trying to explain himself how embarrassing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

pallies or druids give you alot of options of what to play just within the class - ret pallies are fun as are prot pallies - i would go with one of those

imo roll what you want but elseway roll mage theyre the most overpowered in pve and pvp out of the options.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

If you want to be more dedicated to DPS, but less versatile - go Mage. They are very solid DPS in PvE and almost godlike in PvP - got lots of decent comps to run, RMP alone would be worth it (if you dedicate yourself to playing the comp and learning it, of course) or you could play some Wizardcleave variant. Shadowshatter seems to be on the rise, too (Frost Mage/Shadowpriest/Resto SShaman). In 2on2 you've got Mage/Rogue or Mage/Discipline Priest as very viable comps - and there will be almost no opponents you can not beat in a duel.

If you like to have choices - go (Feral) Druid. Feral is pretty decent in PvE as a DPS, but the major advantage is - you can tank. Gearing up will be much easier and finding a group will never be a problem for you. The PvP side is a bit different, though - sure, you've got crazy burst and borderline overpowered instant Cyclones, your dueling capabilities are great, too...but Feral also has weaknesses, like lack of an MS effect and below average sustained damage on targets with PvP gear and high armor. You'll still be fine if you play a dual melee/healer 3on3 comp, though. Just zerg that clothie. :P And if you should ever become bored with the Feral playstyle, you can always switch to Resto/Balance.

TBH im a pally, and I voted for feral druid, or mage.
    Holy priest/ feral druid can just destroy people if played well, also has some very good 3s comps if played well can go far.
    Mage just has so many viable comps that can be played at high rating.
    Ret pallies are just, ret pallies there fun but really If I had the time I would level something more dominant in pvp.
    Balance druids are just past there time IMO

PVP subforum, where 1500 rated players can voice there opinions
    -Ex ret paladin

Thanks for all the input, its been fun to read.

I'm surprised that there aren't more votes for Ret Pally, does everyone still hate them? I am glad to see that mages seem to be in a good place.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, people still hate ret pallys, but they're in a rather bad state. Sure, you can 100-0 some guy without resilience in a Hammer of Justice, but...which geared DPS class can't kill somebody in five seconds? They've got lots of utility and are decent in duels because of their longevity, but they lack an interrupt, MS and true defensive cooldowns after bubble (force bubble/wait for him to use wings, kill the pally afterwards is a very viable strat ). So...unless you really love Paladins - don't play one for PvP. At least...don't play a retribution paladin. Holy is perfectly viable, and Prot/Ret is alright, too. Even slightly over the top, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    You're definitely doing it wrong. Basicly what you're saying is: Good comp > fun. :
    Nah, he's stating the truth. Good comp = fun.