Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What Prof. For a paladin tank?

I was currently looking at mining and jewel crafting. (Those gems just look sexy as hell)

Has anyone really looked up how much each will give? what is actually the best?
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Deleted

Re: What Prof. For a paladin tank?

Mining and Jewelcrafting is a good starter.

Although BS/JC will still be the best stat combo.

Answer on your other question: Dragon's eye gems you will use will probably be: - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=36767 or - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42157 depending if you're def capped or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    I was currently looking at mining and jewel crafting. (Those gems just look sexy as hell)

Well lets see... mining gives 600 more health from its 60 stam bonus, and with 3 jewelcrafters jewels, you'll have another 63 stam. so with mining and jewelcrafting you'll have an effective 1230 more health.

Quote Originally Posted by Minimach
    Well lets see... mining gives 600 more health from its 60 stam bonus, and with 3 jewelcrafters jewels, you'll have another 63 stam. so with mining and jewelcrafting you'll have an effective 1230 more health.
    You forgot sacred duty/BoS

How does black smithing beat out mining for a tank? 2 extra sockets = 2 extra gems which will be 2 30 stam gems, which means 60 extra health. For a tank, mining/JC is no better then BS/JS, from a stam perspective. Although BS will give you more options.

I like JC and Alch if you are raiding. JC is obvious, but many overlook Alch. Alch gives you the same bonus PLUS 2 hr flasks. Pure win in my book. The 3 toons I raid with all have Alch. My main (prot pally) is JC/Alch. My alt prot pally is Herb/Alch (need to change herbing, just never bothered)
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account

Mining / JC is what I went with. Works great.

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer
    I like JC and Alch if you are raiding. JC is obvious, but many overlook Alch. Alch gives you the same bonus PLUS 2 hr flasks. Pure win in my book. The 3 toons I raid with all have Alch. My main (prot pally) is JC/Alch. My alt prot pally is Herb/Alch (need to change herbing, just never bothered)
    Yes, but alchemy does not give you the hp bonus unless you flask up. It's nice having the bonus all the time, with minimal investment, which means it's nice to have it when doing easy content that doesn't require you to flask.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Yes, but alchemy does not give you the hp bonus unless you flask up. It's nice having the bonus all the time, with minimal investment, which means it's nice to have it when doing easy content that doesn't require you to flask.
    I see your point, but I have 47K with Sanctuary, so I don't really need more health for anything. Since my main focus is raiding, the 2 hour flasks are more important, and the Flask of the North (Not consumable) +STR is worth more when doing dailies. Yes I do dailies in prot. In 5 mans, I don't need more. With a priest and druid I am over 50K.
    "Peace is a lie"

JC/BS is only better because of crafted gear you can make. hp wise jc/bs and mining/jc is the same

10+ Year Old Account

what ever the hell you want your profs to be would be good fro you.

I went enchanting since I hit 60, picked up Jc later on. Enchanting gives two 30 stam enchants, so 60 stam total. Plus, I am a one stop shop to help the guild for gear upgrades, can take care of myself in this area, and both make great gold if your smart (That is, until Bliz ruined the de mats market by giving this profession to everyone)

Hope this helps

Well if you are looking for the highest stam, LW/JC.

LW gets you 62 Stam and JC gets you 63 Stam. In addition LW allows u to have resist gear for certain fights like anub the nature resist is helpful.

But if you ever plan on playing an offspec some, BS/JC is the best. You only loose out 2 stam, but gain much more for the other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    False. You completely overlooked Flask of the North, which is alchemy's "passive" boost when not using a real flask.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm assuming for pve? If so, its nice to be able to craft 264 gear and get the extra sockets that go along with it. In addition putting some of the 'holy shit!' gems you can make from jewelcrafting is an added bonus as well. My pally tank is mining/bs, but if I felt like changing I would probably switch out mining for jewelcrafting. Mining really just gives you that hp boost, which doesnt help if people need a dps, or a healer

Quote Originally Posted by Galith

The mining bonus is 50stam and a good money maker, so definitely is a good choice for a tank, for your second profession go with either BS or JC... whatever you prefer

if your healer type paladin, you must have alchemy on you for greater heal. If PvP, i prefer JC and Engineering for gadgets and good gems
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurEdwards
    if your healer type paladin, you must have alchemy on you for greater heal. If PvP, i prefer JC and Engineering for gadgets and good gems
    healer lol.. read the topic

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Engineering is also viable to armor enchants. Don't underestimate the underdogs. It's also imo the profession that blizzard will be able to play around with the most.
    A wise man once said: "Purples are just a means, not an end"

JC/BS is the BiS professions for end game tanking
    There are points in the game when straight stam isnt the best way to go.
    The extra sockets do not always need to have stam gems in them.
    You could go agi/str/def depends on your current gearset needs.