Tauntable bosses in TBC?

Most of the bosses in TBC were untauntable right??

Re: Tauntable bosses in TBC?

hmm...prolly something like 80% of them i think, from what i recall

Tauntable boss were those with tank switching part of the fight. remember kalecgos for example.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    Most of them untauntable yea, maybe all of them.
    definitely wasn't all of them, there was still a *few* random fights where you had to taunt due to the mechanics of the fight i.e gurtogg style

That's correct. Was quite a bitch on fights where you had to rotate tanks such as Bloodboil(on my Paladin I could easily pump out at least three times the threat of other tanks when tanking, and less than them when off-tanking)

Being un-tauntable only ment less dps done by tanks when having to rotate(say, stopping attacking at the first Impale on Gormok). It didn't actually add to the difficulty if your tanks knew what they were doing. Just annoying. Of course it also served to punish dps nuking full out in the first second.

Tank threat has been more balanced these days than it was in Burning Crusade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadkillv1
    definitely wasn't all of them, there was still a *few* random fights where you had to taunt due to the mechanics of the fight i.e gurtogg style
    Gurtogg Bloodboil was immune to taunts. I remember reaching 17 stacks of the debuff due to Reckoning proccing at a bad time(later specced away from that)

Thanks guys thats what i thought

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    Gurtogg Bloodboil was immune to taunts. I remember reaching 17 stacks of the debuff due to Reckoning proccing at a bad time(later specced away from that)
    hmm...weird, dunno why i remember it being a taunt rotate fight

AH no i remember he had a knockback threat effect, that's hown it shifted

In tbc bosses were untauntable unless they needed to be taunted for some mechanic during the fight

In wotlk its the reverse...bosses are tauntable unless the fight has a specific requirement that they arn't

Hydross, Al'ar, RoS p3, Kalecgos, Brutallus.

about all that comes to mind, :/