Spirit vs mp5 for disc PvP

What to pick dont acctuly get if spirit will give me more mp5 or if just pure mp5 is better.
    Jacquel is
    The Real On Use Bubble Leak Evaluation!

Re: Spirit vs mp5 for disc PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Jacquel
    What to pick dont acctuly get if spirit will give me more mp5 or if just pure mp5 is better.
    I'm not a PvP expert and I think you'll find that the experts say you avoid both... but considering the ability to get in and out of combat constantly i'd suggest that spirit is probably the better choice when looking at it long term. But it's going to depend on if you mean bgs, arena, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, who are you playing against, what strategy are you using, how long is your average match.

if thats the case im running these comps.
    2v2
    Priest/Rogue
    Priest/Mage
    Priest/DK

avrage of each match is 5-10min
    depending on comp
    as for strat very offensive in most cases

3v3
    Rogue/Mage/Priest

shorter games where most end very early about 2-3min

also im running disc in every comp,
    did not state 5s becouse I found it irrelevant due to dont play to often but for the reccord

Priest Disc/Holy Paladin/MM hunter/Elemental Shaman/Frost Mage

and as for BG I play it alot and there I went full Haste for the luls =O
    Jacquel is
    The Real On Use Bubble Leak Evaluation!

Like I said, I think you'll find most high rated disc priests say neither... if it comes down to a bit of gear that has mp/5 or spirit my guess is spirit is better if you're getting out of FSR regularly and getting the ability to drink. If you're basically in combat at all times and get no down time mp/5 is going to be better from a pure regen stand point.

From memory haste is valued above these 2 and the haste off pieces is what disc priests normally go for.

No Mp5 on gear/enchants/gems is needed for disc pvp. If you want more mana regen you get the spirit items, you do not gem spirit, you do not enchant spirit. You could also try the mana back on cast meta gem.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Only time a priest gems/gears for Mp5 is for double healer. Other times you're better off getting useful stats.

Spirit/MP5 is great for BGs and Wintergrasp. You want basically the same thing you want in PVE for arenas. That is... lots of haste, with some crit to back it up. As much as Blizz has tried they have no brought back the S2-4 days (yet), so unless you're doing 2s (which is pretty lulzy these days) you won't be wanting to drag games out.

Go for the spirit pieces of pvp gear if you are healing as Disc (Set pieces, belt, wrist etc..), no pvp gear really has MP5 on it

Cape and neck do for sure. You can also get the frost emblem trinket or either solace as well as a number of different rings that have it. Most of the gear sets I saw people choosing were the Ashen Verdict exalted ring (mp5) and the pvp ring.

To answer your question mp5 gives much better regen than spirit according to everything I've seen about it. It was between 2:1 or 3:1 ratio. In other words an item with 25 mp5 gave as much regen as an item with 50-75 spirit (exact numbers will vary).

As far as what to actually gear for? There was a pretty good thread on AJ forums with different gear set ups, but that's really up to you to decide how you want to play.

As a disc priest your best regen is intellect.

After spirit has been nerfed (40%( though they claimed that if you max out miditation you should end up with the same regen IFSR )) it's even more useless.

In general 1 spirit is worth 1 Mp5 OFSR.

If you have maxed meditation - 2.5 spirit returns 2.5 mp5 OFSR, and 0.75 mp5 IFSR. The mathematical form of the question is thus:

2.5 * x + 0.75 * (1 - x) = 1
    1.75 * x = 0.25
    x = 0.14

That means you need to be more than 14% of his/her time OFSR to make spirit better than Mp5.

When I play arena I almost always have +90% IFSR uptime. When I am not healing - I am dpsing/cc'ing or dispelling.

My suggestion is that you stop worrying too much about spirit and Mp5 and instead focus on res/sp/haste and a/some good partner/s.

15+ Year Old Account

Another thing most of you seam to be leaving out is that pvp gear does not even have mp5, so even if mp5 was better than spirit or even int it still doesn't pass resil in priority.