Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfurence View Post
    well actually that little bit of mastery puts me over a break point if you count in the necro focus so i would say 1% of damage > 30 int anyways unless you are actually using vplc i would change a reckless to an artful to get over that breakpoint you are close to considering balance mastery is gay and only benefits every 90
    Balance Mastery has been giving linear benefits at least since 4.2, e.g. there haven't been breakpoints for mastery rating for quite some time now. Additionally I'd lose my DI + NG DoT extra tick if I changed any gems around, that's why I got a 40 haste gem in my boots.

Oh, and VPLC is actually best in slot now since it's been hotfixed a week or so ago (proc damage has been increased to roughly 260% of the tooltip value). So yes, I am using it over my NF.
    Last edited by GT4; 2011-09-11 at 04:05 AM.

odd because if i lose 3 mastery my eclipse buff will say 60 instead of 61 but anyways my bad about the haste breakpoint you were like 4 off and i didnt notice.
    edit: would you mind linking the blue that changed the way mastery works? not calling you a liar just never noticed it

Quote Originally Posted by Alfurence View Post
    odd because if i lose 3 mastery my eclipse buff will say 60 instead of 61 but anyways my bad about the haste breakpoint you were like 4 off and i didnt notice
    Never trust tooltips in WoW, especially not buff tooltips. You can easily test that any amount of mastery actually changes your damage done, no matter whether you're above a 'breakpoint'.

Oh, and I'm actually 18 above the haste threshold, the problem being that I've had no other way of gaining haste other than trading 20 int for 20 haste somewhere. Once I upgrade any item, I'll change the gem back, and once I get a decent second ring, I'll also get 65 mastery on gloves again since I won't be seeing the haste threshold for quite some time again

Edit: I don't think there's a blue post about the mastery change, it was just one of the many undocumented fixes in one of the bigger patches (I think it was 4.2, could've also been 4.1 though). If you really want proof, you either gotta test it yourself or look though the EJ Balance thread - there've been some test results quite a while ago.
    Last edited by GT4; 2011-09-11 at 04:17 AM.

gl on the decent second ring blizzard and their 1 haste ring this patch...

Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    Oh, and VPLC is actually best in slot now since it's been hotfixed a week or so ago (proc damage has been increased to roughly 260% of the tooltip value). So yes, I am using it over my NF.
    you should only be doing this if DMC:V is putting you over a haste breakpoint. otherwise use NF and VPLC

actually it varies between the 3 trinkets if you want to know where you sit with the trinkets you need to sim for yourself for me it shows dmc + necro are the best

probably because the updates to vplc arent in most sims. there MAY have been a wrathcalcs update
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2011-09-11 at 07:58 AM.

it was updated in wrathcalcs

v. 110901 isnt updated. what version are you using that is updated?

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    you should only be doing this if DMC:V is putting you over a haste breakpoint. otherwise use NF and VPLC
    Firstly, as you can see in my profile, it is putting me above a haste breakpoint.
    Secondly, DMC:V and NF NM are rather similar in value even without including that.
    Thirdly, SimC has been updated to include the VPLC change almost a week ago (I'm using the latest developer versions though, so it may not be in the release versions yet). But even if it wasn't, you can easily change the trinket value yourself in your char profile.

cant say i looked at your profile. guess i should have.
    but anyway, the post wasnt directly targetted at you, more just a blanket statement.
    With regards to NF, i tend to assume heroic versions... again possibly wrongly lol.

i dont use SimC that frequently, but thx for the update

No link in the post above so I'll throw mine out there. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lekalvo/simple

Deleted
    You seem quite good, except I think you want to replace that doll asap, I personally am not fond of it, but if your having mana issues keep it I guess :P Theres quite a few trinkets available should be able to get some. You managed to hit the magic bench mark for haste though almost perfectly

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...evans/advanced

nice tank gear
    Not sure but wudnt stam+dodge head enchant be better then agility+haste since haste provides no value for bears
    Same w/ the nef trinket, pretty sure the rep vendor ones r better

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Williee/simple

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    nice tank gear
    Not sure but wudnt stam+dodge head enchant be better then agility+haste since haste provides no value for bears

Haste does provide some value for bears. Quicker attacks = more SD procs

Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    Haste does provide some value for bears. Quicker attacks = more SD procs
    While that is true but if your look at the haste vs attack speed the minimal increase to speed would be far far far far less than any other stat (other than like useless stats ie spirit/int) same reason you dont spec into the charge 15% haste

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    nice tank gear

You are right the Sta/Dodge head enchant is better, even for bears. As for haste, psssh don't go there, it has next-to-no benefit for a bear at all, though whilst 'technically' true that i'll 'increased' your white attacks the values are so low that honestly it may as well be int or spi.

As for the link, hmm it's getting harder and harder to tell what gear people are in xD You have a feral Tank and DPS spec so you could have simply messed up but either way, if tanking: Change the head enchant to sta/dodge, get rend&tear and pulverise, I have absolutely no idea why you've skipped them (20% more dmg with Maul and 9% crit with a 3xL Pulverize). Drop Nurturing Instinct (wtf as a tank man...) and 2/2 Pred Strike. For DPS: Wtf is with mending? Get 130Agi, actually that goes for both DPS/Tank.

Ain't linked in a while so... mine: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avoan/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Navoan <Twisted Tranquility>
    gemming and reforging towards mastery and expertise, not sure if serious (--_)
    were you recently doing dps?

and apparently you have 1 unused Chimera's Eye

10/10 - Not much gear upgrades left for you in the current content.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...harry/advanced