Idea for a Shadow Priest PVP spell.

Miscast Magic/Confusion

This spell works like an interrupt, where it is best used during an enemy's spell cast. Miscast Magic has the unique ability to cause an enemy spell to backfire on them drastically. If used properly, a mages fireball will end up blasting the mage or one of his allies, instead of you. An enemy healer's spell will end up healing one of your party members, instead of one of theirs. A warlock's fear would go awry, fearing one of his own team-mates, instead of yours.

I don't think this mechanic is in the game yet either. I'm just being creative and trying to add some flavor to the spec. Thoughts?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Re: Idea for a Shadow Priest PVP spell.

so like spell reflect on your party?

It does sound pretty cool, but flavor wise it feels very magey.
    Is this where the header goes?

Well it wouldn't be like reflect since it would be a debuff, instead of a self buff.

It's based on the whole idea of temporary mind control, or inflicting confusion.

It might work as a 3 second debuff, where the next spell the caster uses has the opposite effect. Easily dispelled, but if used during the a spell cast, it would affect the spell being cast.

Imagine timing it so a warlock feared one his healer team-mates instead of you.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert
    It does sound pretty cool, but flavor wise it feels very magey.
    have to agree, although the idea is cool and i like it, the whole spell mastery thing is very much a mage thing.

If it was worked into an existing spell for example PW:S that would have the buff/debuff to spell reflect for a short period of time it could work.

the more time i spend thinking about this the more i want to see it implemented!

Kuras.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Misdirect a polymorph in 2v2

Lolz
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kuras
    have to agree, although the idea is cool and i like it, the whole spell mastery thing is very much a mage thing.

If it was worked into an existing spell for example PW:S that would have the buff/debuff to spell reflect for a short period of time it could work.

the more time i spend thinking about this the more i want to see it implemented!

Kuras.
    About the flavor of this being a mage thingy...

Name it Cerebral Confusion, Visions of Doom, or whatever, with the tooltip reading: "Clouds the mind of an enemy target with visions of their friends turning against them and their foes helping them. The next spell the target casts will be misdirected [...more rules text]"

Voila, Instant Priest Flavor!

IMHO, the whole mindcontrol/confusion part of priests should be played up by a lot. We got Mindflay, Mindsear, Mind Vision, Soothe Mind, etc. This would fit that spell cycle perfectly.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Honestly I think that this would be appropriate as a general priest spell, not just for shadow. It's essentially a charm or confuse; Mind Control Lite. But since it is a shadow spell, give the shadow tree a significant cooldown reduction.

And yes as others have said, I'd love to see the "evil psionics" side of the priest played up a bit more. Sooo many possibilities. Then again, we have who-knows-how-many expansions to look forward to right?

A very small thing that should have been implimented ages ago; Fade should force an enemy (maybe even just a specific enemy) to de-target just like feign death and mirror image. That's exactly what the spell was put in the game for from a PvE perspective; trick an enemy into thinking "this guy isn't so threatening, I'm gonna go hit somebody else." It's current PvP implementation makes no sense.

Pain Spike.

K GO.

Time Lapse
    5 Minutes Cooldown
    The Priest lapses back five seconds in time, restoring her previous health, mana and position.

Could either be an instant spell, or a 5 second buff you gain giving you the effect once it runs out.
    If the latter, it could have an extra effect causing the priest to temporarily resurrect if killed with the buff on.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    About the flavor of this being a mage thingy...

Name it Cerebral Confusion, Visions of Doom, or whatever, with the tooltip reading: "Clouds the mind of an enemy target with visions of their friends turning against them and their foes helping them. The next spell the target casts will be misdirected [...more rules text]"

Voila, Instant Priest Flavor!

IMHO, the whole mindcontrol/confusion part of priests should be played up by a lot. We got Mindflay, Mindsear, Mind Vision, Soothe Mind, etc. This would fit that spell cycle perfectly.

I like it even more now. i agree SP's need more direction with there spells as you pointed out "Mind" appears more often, i love "Cerebral Confusion" Shortened CC Bring on that polymorph/Fear!

LOL @ Visions of Doooo0000000ooom!! ;D ;D

this would really fit into the priest imo.

Can play alot of it how the spell actually works but I think its a great idea to implement this spell!

As much as I love new spells, I have always wished that Shadow Priests got more use out of Mind Control than the other talent trees. I was toying around with a few ideas, and had one that could fit in pretty well with the utility-focused talent design in Cataclysm:

Mind Something:
    Your Mind Blast spell now provides the Mental Focus buff, which reduces the cast time of Mind Control by 1.5 seconds. This stacks up to 2 times.

This would allow you to mind blast and try for a regular CC speed Mind Control to shut down a healer or get a melee off of you, or you could wait until you have two stacks and use the instant Mind Control without risk of being interrupted.

It would also be great for 1v1, where you could use it defensively to get the other player away from you, or offensively where you can hold them in place after fully Dotting them and let them eat away at their health.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Keep in mind however that this would most likely have to share a DR with psychic scream. The idea of a spriest having a straight 16 seconds of cc already sounds OP. It would have to be pretty high up in the shadow tree also considering 21 pt. Talents will be accesible. The other issue I see is that MC is an extra powerful cc because of the ability to move people and in 2s that would be overkill. Other than that it's a nice idea but think of a decent drawback to add on that would make it realistic

I replied that shadow is fine in one of your previous topics but this spell will put him up in the ''I beg for pvp nerfs'' list which will rly hate considering the very good place shadowpriest is in pve atm