Feral druid vs Rogue

Ok, well I know i may just simply suck but as a feral druid rogues are the one class that I simply cannot beat unless I get insaely lucky. I have 940 resilience an about 27.5k HP in cat and unless they're envenom as soon as I'#m opened on it feels like GG. I try every trick in the book but I am forced to stay bear pretty much the whole time, I'm at a loose end and any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S: I'm not saying "I want to be able to easily beat all classes, if I can't I need a buff." Or anything along those lines, it's that I just don't feel beating a rogue is possible.

Re: Feral druid vs Rogue

Rake

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Khoryace
    Rake
    this

Bleeds up
    go bear and ride out the storm while spamming lacerate.
    Profit

For a feral druid, beating rogues should be easiest thing in the game. Kill it in bear form, get a lacerate on the rogue and faerie fire so he cant really stealth. Then just "tank" the rogue.

PS. I havent played feral pvp much in wotlk, just some

10+ Year Old Account

With simillar level of gear and Skill, you will not beat a rogue in 1v1 as a feral druid unless you are extremely lucky, like getting an opener on him (if you are bold enough to start the duel in cat form) oder landing a bash through evasion and then get serious crits on him.

Of course that is my experience, there are always some people who say "lol rogue i kill him with one hand and asleep" and sometimes there is even one or two who tell the truth.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

Remember ALWAYS use NG and FFF. These make the rogue pop cooldowns or they give you a lot of space to work with. FFF = no vanish without cloak, NG = trinket or cloak will get burned. While bear try to get a charge in if possible, especially if he runs away to vanish.
    Root = bleeds ticking without him hurting you.

That evasion isn't really helping if he's sitting in a root/cyclone while you nourish yourself. If you're a ne use your vanish, if tauren use your stomp to get the space to get a spellcast off.

If the rogue is killing you in the stunlock/right after...not a whole hell of a lot you can do other than get more resil/hp.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Torne
    With simillar level of gear and Skill, you will not beat a rogue in 1v1 as a feral druid unless you are extremely lucky, like getting an opener on him (if you are bold enough to start the duel in cat form) oder landing a bash through evasion and then get serious crits on him.

Of course that is my experience, there are always some people who say "lol rogue i kill him with one hand and asleep" and sometimes there is even one or two who tell the truth.

I find that if you can survive the initial stun/burst the game is safe if you ride it out defensively. But if he catches you in cat, with no trink or Barkskin, you might very well end up a pelt infront of his fireplace...

Make sure you use Rocket Feral Charge on an offtarget to create some distance---allowing you to setup a Cyclone/Roots/Abolish Poison/HOT break.

And as others have said, keep Bleeds up.

--M

Being in cat isnt the worst thing in the world btw. -30% damage while stunned while in cat, -40%ish damage while in bear (from armor). a lot of pple say "just stay bear rofl"...these pple do no fight good rogues. Spamming lacerate sounds good and all but you wont do enough damage.

Personally i start in cat hoping for the opener (about 25% of the time i get it). If u get it its over there is nothing they can do because u will have a 5 cp rip if they dont trinket pounce.
    When they do get the opener barkskin through KS and just ride it out. When this is up hit them w/ a rake then FFF. Rake is more important to get up imo. He will most likely pop evasion at this point, and the best thing for you to do is go bear/NG. when he is rooted he will have to cloak/trinket, followed by a vanish/reopen. u are still in bear so now it is time to pop SI/BM(if u use one)/ FR.

at this point in the fight im usually sitting at about 45-65% hp w/ him at about 70 with no evasion. go cat, berserk, spam rake/mangle to 5 (i dont shred cuz its too hard to get behind and mangle still hits em for 5k lol) and maim. shred for win.

Ok, well thanks for the reply but it really isn't helping me here.

I'll tell how the average rogue duels goes with me.

I start in bear (I will never get the opener on them). Sap > CS (I barkskin as soon as the CS comes Up) > KS (this is where I trinket if the rogue is evenom) > evasion > FFF > NG > Travel form and run abolish poison and try and get a HoT up. By this time the rogue has CloS + Vanished, I tyr and heal up al ittle more then go bear. After this I will be sapped and re-opened, with a prep evasion. I try to ride it out with Surviv instiacnts, Battlemaster, Frenzied regen alchemy pots and lifeblood. I also pop berserk here to try and get some mangles in, I will have FFF up on him at this point. if i get very very lucky I can get a bash in if i ride out the second evasion.

However, after all of this I will still go down. Now, tell me where I am going wrong? In cat I will die far too quickly, I can't get lacertaes on due to double evasions and I just can't tank all of it.

Armour does not work so well anymore since Rogues got their Poison damage buffed in WotLK. It is not like in TBC where you could pretty much tank the Rogue till he died. Warriors and Paladins know it too well, if they did not have abilities to help them or sheer damage to hurt the Rogue, they would not be able to keep themselves alive for long.

Cats are definitely too squishy if you are not starting the fight. Since the nerf to our burst, our damage has increased a lot, but that is sustained damage which requires a few GCDs to get going. As cat, we are usually doing Rake, Savage Roar, then build up combos and land a nice Rip. All this can be fairly simple and even a nice Rip without SR is usually good enough, but you must do your best to start the fight. If you get it right and are quick enough, you will be able to keep the Rogue from going away while he hurts you in bear, but his damage should not be enough to kill you.

If you do not get an opener, you are very much doomed. You may have more damage, but his control is way better than yours.

Rogues are indeed OP in 1v1 scenarios as of now. If he is any good, has comparable gear and starts the fight, you will hardly be able to keep up with. The only thing a good Rogue is not capable to take down nowadays is a good Frost Mage.

actually, I agree with the op here. A good envenom rogue can beat a feral. It's not the easiest thing in the world, but it's possible.

Some tips: Always keep bleeds and faerie fire up.
    Do not EVER get caught in casterform. This is a good way for a rogue to win, if you sense a instant cyclone coming and the druid doesn't have a trinket anymore, you try to lag-blind he cyclone (rogue in cyclone, druid blinded in casterform). this is autolose for you.
    Try to keep barkskin ready for the full cs => ks combo, not just a kidney shot.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    actually, I agree with the op here. A good envenom rogue can beat a feral. It's not the easiest thing in the world, but it's possible.

Some tips: Always keep bleeds and faerie fire up.
    Do not EVER get caught in casterform. This is a good way for a rogue to win, if you sense a instant cyclone coming and the druid doesn't have a trinket anymore, you try to lag-blind he cyclone (rogue in cyclone, druid blinded in casterform). this is autolose for you.
    Try to keep barkskin ready for the full cs => ks combo, not just a kidney shot.
    a good rogue would never let a feral get an instant cyclone off.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=16975

any rogue with half a brain would just evasion. and 90% of ferals pvp with 0 expertise. unless they get a lucky bash off, there is not way to win an equally geared rogue.

it would also help if you keybind.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric
    it would also help if you keybind.
    I have about 35 keybinds, including focus root, cyclone and charge macros

Quote Originally Posted by Skultharion
    a good rogue would never let a feral get an instant cyclone off.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=16975

any rogue with half a brain would just evasion. and 90% of ferals pvp with 0 expertise. unless they get a lucky bash off, there is not way to win an equally geared rogue.
    yeah, and evasion lasts how long again?
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

yeah, and evasion lasts how long again?
    Assuming the rogue is smart enough to weapon switch for a blind:
    Full starting stunlock: 10 seconds
    Evasion tank: 15seconds
    Blind: (trinket)
    Vanish+resap: 15 seconds
    Full stunlock: 10 seconds
    Prep

I've dueled full relentless geared ferals on my furious geared rogue alt (I love revenge) and there is no way they can touch me.

They can't get any cast off, any nature's grasp isn't a problem at all since they will NEVER get a cyclone off on me.

I usually beat them with ~75% hp remaining

I have yet to get beat as a feral druid vs. rogue 1v1. It's just not fair for the rogue.

Strat:

Stay Bear, pop barkskin as soon as the rogue starts stunning you. As soon as you can, turn around (via mouse) and get a lacerate off. It's over once you get that first lacerate. Just keep that single bleed on them, and never leave bear. That's it. That simple.

A good rogue will pop evasion as soon as his stun ends... if he does, simply pop frenzied regen and wait for it to fade.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Elune&cn=Nollie

Try this.

Sit in bearform with enrage being used every so often and letting off some demo roars to try to pull him from stealth.

When he opens on you use barkskin right away.

Get farie fire up fast and begin to lacerate (you should have plenty of rage from his damage)

get lacerate up

Don't let lacerate fall off and use frenzied regen at 60% health.

Natures grasp him after he burns cloak on farie fire and then bash and heal if you need to, or go into cat and dps him while hes stunned (also maim if you can get it off fast)

When he blinds you your only hope is that barkskin is coming back up and you have plently of health because lacerate will probably drop off and he'll reopen.

Feral charge is good to prevent him from running to restealth