Thread: Bioshock 2

Bioshock 2

Anyone played it yet? I have been playing the first couple of levels and so far amazing, drill best melee weapon of any game imo. :

Re: Bioshock 2

Just finished the creepy amusement park level. So far I love it. Better FPS mechanics, setting traps and making strategy before engaging a Big Daddy, just awesome!
    Big sisters scare the shit out of me though, had to lower the volume down a bit to focus :-X.

Can't wait to uncover more of the story.

I rented and been playing it. But at the speed I play games would make you want to suicide. Atm, its pretty good. But for Bioshock, I would rent it. I never played the first Bioshock more than once.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Comin' in the mail today.

Get here faster mailman!

Finished it this morning after starting it late last night(insomnia sucks) it's not the longest game but so worth it and multiplayer wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

Just finished the fontaine futuristics level, alex the great is a laugh.

Just finished it, got one of the Evil endings :S
    I think I'll do a replay sometime soon to check out how my choices affect the game.

Deleted

Ive been busy with raiding, working, plotting world domination and sleeping, so even though it's been out for a few days, i havent played Bioshock 2 yet. However, room has been made to turn tonight into a geekfest, and the game has been downloaded and installed from Steam.

I was a huuuge Bioshock fan, so my expectations are quite high for the sequel. I am so happy that they got rid of that awful hacking system - Pipe Plumber minigame. Who secures their safes with a hydraulic system that you can just pick apart anyways? :P The new one seems nice, if simple, because you can get it over with rather quickly.

I am still baffled about the story though, and i have been since Bioshock 2 was announced. We are 10 years *after* the events of Bioshock, but we are playing as the *original* Big Daddy? This still doesn't make any sense to me..

Don't make me spoil some stuff for you! ;D
    Don't worry, it'll make sense eventually.

Deleted

It made sense from watching the intro :P You ARE the first big daddy, but you've been "recovering" for 10 years while Bioshock 1 went along :P

Deleted

Just finished the game. I must admit, it surpassed my expectations even considering that i thought the first game was impossible to top. I was completely baffled with all the detail put in everywhere, in every hallway, in every room, on every wall. The atmosphere of Rapture was even more chilling than in Bioshock 1, and the mood was set from the beginning.

The fighting is brilliant - shooting out plasmids and conventional weapons was LOADS of fun. Also, i liked how the plasmids made more sense now; Incinerate II doesn't just do more damage, it adds a new ability (fire bomb) and Incinerate III allows you to act like a human flamethrower - and you can choose between these levels of attacks as you wish. That is SO much better than simply "more damage" from Bioshock 1.

I played a good Daddy, so i rather quickly got a bit of a bond with the sisters. I would find myself saying "Thats a good girl" when the little sister was done gathering ADAM, and I would be VERY upset if splicers got too close to her. I loved the small comments you would hear with her riding on your shoulder: "*Incinerate* Mmm marshmellow!" or "*Electrocute* Look Daddy, they're dancing!".

I really liked the last part of the game. The you-know-what after you you-know-what. It was sort of like an epiphany that I would really like to talk more about, but don't want to ruin for others.

In short: F-ing awesome game!

Finished it yesterday I think. It rocked. So much details in it. It's really awesome how you can really affect stuff with your plasmids. Like combining them in the cyclone trap, electrifying water, melting ice etc. And the design of everything is just priceless, prime example being the Big Daddy. His suit is awesome.

I got the good ending, meaning I rescued all Little Sisters. I'll start a new single player round on hard and harvest them all next time :
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

Bioshock is awesome, though I am now at a part where they play creepy music, it freaks me out T.T
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    Going for avoidance is like playing Russian Roulette.
    Quote Originally Posted by GaaraofSand
    It's time to eat Grandpa!
    It's time to eat, Grandpa!

Grammar.. it saves lives.

Deleted

I never bought Cyclone to be honest. But Insect Swarm 3 when the Splicers start coming when the Little Sister is harvesting, and then Incinerates en masse, and you're pretty covered

I found that i only really used Rivet Gun, Machine Gun and the Shotgun, though. Wasn't too fond of the others..

Awesome game! As some have said, I didn't think that anything could top Bio1, yet they've done it again. Beat the Normal campaign a few days ago and not disappointed in the least. I got a "good" ending, made me feel all the better in the end. Also, Insect Swarm 3 = win.
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

Great Game the only thing i didn't like was it feels to samey, i felt like i was just playing the first one all over again with a few added extras and a slighlty weirder story line.

i love some elements that have been added and the fact that it has been semi streamlined, hacking used to be a pain.

overall i think its been made a bit to easy and to short, i say this because i didn't die on hard, and your gifted everything to stay alive all the way along. at every corner i filled my wallet.

8/10 imo, just missed a 9 thanks to drill charge just owning the big sisters and daddies all over.

The good ending makes you wanna go axe crazy despite how much of a tearjerker it is. D=<

Also. Big sisters arn't scary. UNLESS you see them swiming around outside. When they can't hurt you its just worse.
    But realy. Spam rocket spears, drill charge, incinerate and they can't hurt you.

...Decoy 3 helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.