Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Magtheridon solo

Congratulations on the solo kill I'm truly impressed. I was wondering, however, if you guys think me and my brothers could pull this off. My younger brother rolls a druid tank with about 41k unbuffed. My other brother rolls a unholy Dk and pulls about 4k dps, and I run resto shaman with about 2.8k spell power with totems down and my totem procced.

Does he do anything special with more people? will we just be blown into oblivion? Just curious cuz we sometimes like to go enjoy old world content.
    When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly. But now Haruko is here. That's how I know there really is a world outside.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic
    Congratulations on the solo kill I'm truly impressed. I was wondering, however, if you guys think me and my brothers could pull this off. My younger brother rolls a druid tank with about 41k unbuffed. My other brother rolls a unholy Dk and pulls about 4k dps, and I run resto shaman with about 2.8k spell power with totems down and my totem procced.

Does he do anything special with more people? will we just be blown into oblivion? Just curious cuz we sometimes like to go enjoy old world content.
    3 geared 80s should be able to do this very easily. Ignore the cubes. Heal through the damage. At level 70, most T4 geared tanks only had 18-20k hp buffed (if that). Stay out of the shatters in p3.

This is the video of the last 30%
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJSS3sR77SI

The quality is a litte bit low, sorry for this. I will Upload a better Video tomorrow.

Also i am not so good in editing and so on. I hope you like it nevertheless.

For the 3 man thing.
    You will want the DK to grip one of the adds away from the group and kill it. While the Feral just Tanks everything. So you can kill all adds just one by one. after that it will be farily easy to kill Magtheridon himself.

You left the adds up? Well I suppose they wouldn't do much damage too you.

Definitely impressive
    RETH

Grats on the Kill but ..Dude....You are geting banned soon by blizzard, probably you will get something like this!

''Type of violation: Exploitation – Abuse of in-game mechanics or use of over-powered class with intent to Solo in World of Warcraft.
    Details: Use of Death Knight to bypass Magtheridon fight mechanics Consequences for Account: Account suspended for 72 hours, all items and achievements gained removed''
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Sony
    Grats on the Kill but ..Dude....You are geting banned soon by blizzard, probably you will get something like this!
    no

no one has ever been banned for soloing OLD content, old content as in not the current expansion

grats on the kill, gonna give it a try on my pally, and if that fails miserably i'll go to my dk who isn't as well geared

Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus
    no

no one has ever been banned for soloing OLD content, old content as in not the current expanion

You really need to understand the Ironi...Sarcasm ...or what ever you want to call it!
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Sony

You really need to understand the Ironi...Sarcasm ...or what ever you want to call it!
    sorry didn't read much past "dude you're gonna get banned", because those posts always pop up in these threads

nice well done for the solo of magtheridon watch the last 30% and all there's 1 thing that puzzles me however, if my memory serves me correctly, doesn't he blow up after you kill him? oO

Quote Originally Posted by un_known
    nice well done for the solo of magtheridon watch the last 30% and all there's 1 thing that puzzles me however, if my memory serves me correctly, doesn't he blow up after you kill him? oO
    Yes, he does. Unless Blizzard broke something, I have a feeling that this might have been on a non-Blizzard owned server. This is, of course, if Blizzard did not change the event.

Quote Originally Posted by daphoosa
    3 geared 80s should be able to do this very easily. Ignore the cubes. Heal through the damage. At level 70, most T4 geared tanks only had 18-20k hp buffed (if that). Stay out of the shatters in p3.

Thanks for the reply.
    When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly. But now Haruko is here. That's how I know there really is a world outside.

Im surprised noone has pointed out that he has a 22 minute enrage timer:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Magtheridon_(tactics)

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerays
    Im surprised noone has pointed out that he has a 22 minute enrage timer:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Magtheridon_(tactics)
    It was clearly pointed out somewhere in the first few posts...

This was done on a live Server. Well still i dont know how i really can prove this... It is not really that heavy so someone could just kill the boss with the same strat.
    About the explosion thing. I am not sure if it is removed by blizzard or its just my graphic settings, i dont play on max details, because i had a lot of lags in 25m raids.
    And like i said before the enrage timer is the real chalange in this. you have to make 3,4mil dmg in 20 minutes, what makes around 2840dps.

I cant thing of any more evidence i can bring for this being on a real realm..

Maybe the Event buff i have? But i don´t know if these events are already on privat servers...

But i think someone else will manage to solo the boss very soon.. what will maybe proov that this one is no fake etc.

greez

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

grats man very cool achievement!
    The true vanilla wow test is whether or not they miss Vanilla. If they do, they didn't play in Vanilla.

The enrage timer is not an issue, as the OP stated that it only took him a little over 20 minutes. That would mean that he could have beat the enrage timer. I do have a hard time believing that it was on a Blizzard server, from the death animation of Magtheridon. Does that it that is absolutely is a fake video? No. It just means that I will have to go in and kill him myself to see if the death animation has changed.

Also, the sheer amount of damage is possibly beyond what a Death Knight(even a Blood spec Death Knight) could self-heal through. I am just thinking of this off of the top of my head. I am not accounting for resist(which will not be a high as you might think, considering Magtheridon and the Hellfire Channelers are all Boss-level mobs), dodges, etc. I will have to do some research to see if this is possible.

10+ Year Old Account

Just look at his armory, guys.

In the active feed, it says he has a Magtheridon kill.

It's legit, they probably just changed the death animation.

Gunna go try it, Im gemed agility and have a nice 4k steady dps on prot pala some some insane avoidance. Will try it and maybe frap it aswell... who knows i acctually reach insane dps with SoC aoe tanking probably alot easier as pala jsut need to get the Hps right.

Edit: had quick look at Hps u linked just under 1.5k should be easy doable really xd

Quote Originally Posted by daphoosa

18-20k hp was t6

I tried this on my pala a few months ago, but he kept despawning a few mins in (I kept all the adds up aswell)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabetank
    Gunna go try it, Im gemed agility and have a nice 4k steady dps on prot pala some some insane avoidance. Will try it and maybe frap it aswell... who knows i acctually reach insane dps with SoC aoe tanking probably alot easier as pala jsut need to get the Hps right.

Edit: had quick look at Hps u linked just under 1.5k should be easy doable really xd
    You don't wanna go for avoidance, its the magic damage from the adds which hurts
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear