Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Is Balance really the most Underpowered Class?

like others have said we lack an on demand burst ability, if theres movement in any encounter our dps suffers badly, as we have no way to counter it as eclipse is totally RNG dependant. On stationary fights I think our dps is ok, sure it could use a little bump, but its nothing worth worrying about, but seeing as most encounters need alot of running around switching to burst down adds etc, we do come low on the dps charts.

PvP well lets say I don't enjoy balance pvp we are a pretty easy target if they get in our faces, if we havent been noticed and can just nuke then we can hurt, But i prefer to heal in BG's anyway

You must be kidding me!

I had balance as my MS till 3.3 and since then I have geared my new MS feral tank and still.. sometimes when I must DPS in a raid boss fight e.g. Lord Jaraxxus with my crappy naxx-triumph boomkin gear I still do 5k-6k DPS >__> I think if I'd have a gear of ICC and ToC 25man items, I'd probably do 7k-8k DPS in raids and the most classes do the same or even less.

But still boomkins get to raids with their 13% dmg and 5% crit buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre
    For Patchwerk-style bosses. How many of those are there in ICC? Really?

CONGRATS YOU DO INSANE DPS ON PATCHWERK.
    you've a blog for end game moonkins, yet you whine for things that are absolutely fine as they are

just an advice, drop one of the above

Just did VoA10 where a boomkin did 9150 dps on Toravon while also killing adds and 9400 dps on Koralon... Underpowered?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies
    I play a feral druid dps and I just rape this shit out of balance druids single and aoe dmg. And I have been reading some other topics and polls saying the same thing. I used to play balance but got bored, went tank then to feral dps. My buddy has very good gear and he knows his shit and i blow way past him. But ya i digress.. Your thoughts on Balance Druids?

Balance is too reliant on eclipse for its dps. What I find funny is other people who never played a balance druid say that we should be doing as much as other people. Ignorant people like that are what makes this game bad. Just because class x got a super buff and was doing shit before does not mean we should be doing more.

Balance druids are still highly under the hybrid tax. Melee hybrids do not suffer nearly as much as caster hybrids suffer. Its easy to do good dps as balance if you get the right rng procs and your raid members understand how your class works. The less movement we have to do during say festergut would be a benefit rather than having to be the ones that move to another class that doesnt suffer for moving.

Balance is still able to do decent damage but we will never be on the top of charts like other classes unless we get some serious reworking going on; or the rest of the raid sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.