Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: ICC Heroic, Plush Pets, Q4 2009 Results, Blue posts

You are joking, right?

edit: Are you aware that a company such as that can literally make up a date just to get pre-orders. Not only can they do this, that is what usually happens before official announcement of a date.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

May I ask where you read about the 11.5 million subscribers? That number is more than unlikely, considering that China is offline again since november.

This made my day. STARCRAFT 2 BETA! JOY!

The plushes are awesome!

I can live with out SC2, i want me some D3.....

The hard modes seem to be going pretty smoothly, still having problems with rotface 10man... we get him down but not till after several attempts, either because of lag, or just complete mayhem towards the last 20-30%....

Sucks not having a Druid in raids =/....

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Karash
    May I ask where you read about the 11.5 million subscribers? That number is more than unlikely, considering that China is offline again since november.

Do u even concider that thats the numbers of acounts without china...
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Ensidia>Paragon ^^ and screw GM's decision

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx
    Do u even concider that thats the numbers of acounts without china...
    As you can see in this press release, back in january 2008 5.5 out of the back then 10 millionen subscribers came from asia, most of them assumingly from China.

http://www.blizcon.eu/en-gb/company/...es.html?080122

I find it highly unlikely, that in the meantime the subscriber count in America/Europe has spontaneusly doubled to balance that loss, or have I missed the dozens of new servers open up since then?

Without China, the current subscriber count is probably somewhere between 5 and 6 million accounts at best. Perhaps a bit smaller, since we have no proof that the mentioned 11.5 millions still are current numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    • World of Warcraft still has 11.5m subscribers, it didn't change much since last year's announcement.

Nothing really much more interesting on the World of Warcraft side here, you can always check Activision's website if you like staring at big numbers.
    Um, 11.5 million subscribers "still".... but AFAIK isn't WoW China still shut down (or doesn't have Wrath)???

Considering that was half their playerbase, how the fuck is that "not much of a change?"

To have completely covered the loss due to not having Wrath in China is pretty fucking impressive. I'm 100% certain they didn't squeeze all the millions of Chinese WoW players onto the Taiwanese servers (like what Stars did).
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

It surprises me that they were able to get any of the bosses down yesterday with all the server lag : I was actually expecting Ensida to transfer to a low population server or something
    http://www.sassygoatmilksoap.com/

Make sure once your on to listen a bit for the song!

when are they ever going to fix warlocks. Yes we are broken. Yes we can compete in the top at the highest level of competition. no most people will not. Sure if you are in a top guild and can only do your job you might be good, hell maybe even real good. But in real time most warlocks cant even hope to touch the meters as it is right now. In a fight like festergut i go affliction stack on everyone and sure i run right there. But in a normal fight i cant even hope to go affliction and its not just me another guildie warlock switched to affliction beacause its just better right now and in most fights he goes back to destro.

Now comes the real point destro is behind, period. No way around it. But since for most people its really the only viable raid spec for the semi-casual/hardcore player then its mostly what we are stuck with because of the lack of nukes with affliction. There are two ways two fix this; one is to shorten the cast time of shadow bolt by .5 secs make it talents w/e it makes SB as a viable nuke to use for adds and such. Also if you wanna fix destro go and make our main nuke inc more dmg. Its that simple either talent it to w/e u think it needs or if your worried about pvp buff the glyph as im sure most dont use it in pvp.

also if you wanna buff demo more do what you should; buff the felguard. Its really not that hard to figure these things out is it? I understand there is some spill over into pvp but is it really so much that the pet couldnt use a buff. thats the whole point to demo is the pet.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    To have completely covered the loss due to not having Wrath in China is pretty fucking impressive.
    They probably cut down the costs: "additional instances cannot be launched"

Adept should be "Oceanic -" imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

10+ Year Old Account

give me pets!!!!

First iPhone, now Android... WTF?
    Does Blizzard have an open war with Microsoft? How long should we wait for WM authenticator?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen
    I think i saw the latest date for Blizzcon to be October. Not August.
    SC2 will geta Mid Year Release, Cataclysm will be in the 2nd half of the year, but if not to compete with SC2 probably 3-4 months behind that.
    So you can assume an late september, early october release for Cataclysm.

Which results in a very, very, very ... long time raiding ICC. A new Raidboss will kill the -Lich King - theme of Wrath of the - Lich king -

what do you mean by long time raidng icc? was'nt there supposed to be a troll raid? the next xpac should come out next year,people have alts you know ow and a new boss kill the theme like sunwell did BT?

Deleted

I really hope those plush pets will be available in EU also.

Also, a Russian guild Exorsus (Экзорсус) has already killed 11 bosses in 10-men heroic.
    Three of which are world firsts: Sindragosa, Putricide and Lana'thel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark
    Also, a Russian guild Exorsus (Экзорсус) has already killed 11 bosses in 10-men heroic.
    Three of which are world firsts: Sindragosa, Putricide and Lana'thel.
    except nobody here seems to care about 10-man raiding

as a 10-man raider, I find that upsetting =(
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by qrko
    First iPhone, now Android... WTF?
    Does Blizzard have an open war with Microsoft? How long should we wait for WM authenticator?
    Simply put, iPhone and Android are "consumer" smart phones. They are mostly in the hands of people who went to the Apple/Verison/AT&T store and bought a smexy new phone. These people are allowed to, and indeed seem to revel in, installing new applications and using their phones for everything short of kitchen blenders (willitblend.com proved that iPhones make very poor kitchen blenders) Blackberries and WM phones are mostly purchased by companies for their employees. Many people who have them even have a second cell phone (smart phone or regular) for personal use so they don't get accused of misuse of company resources. They are often controlled by corporate IT which prevents (either through direct means, or via policy) people from installing their own apps.

There are exceptions to both of these rules. Companies have standardized on the iPhone, and individuals have purchased Blackberries or WM phones, but a look at the market demographics for each type of phone makes the iPhone and Android much more attractive as initial platforms.

At any rate, I know there's a JVM for WM, isn't there a Java version of the Authenticator software?

O_O I'm gonna die because of how cute the Wind Rider pet is. O_O;