Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Differences between heroic and normal mode ICC bosses

added video links to Saurfang, sindragosa, blood queen, lady deathwhisper.

bump, this post should stay on first page. very useful information that is currently hard to track down.

Just noting, Marrowgar does not leave a dot, either with bonestorm or his flame. (Doing him now)

Deleted

Stickying for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace
    As for gear... the guilds accomplishing ulduar hardmodes back in the days were pretty much full BiS of ilvl 213/226. Gearwise, the step from BiS T7 to T8 hardmode isn't much different than BiS T9 heroic/T10 normal to T10 hardmode. I think you can assume well geared raiders had about avg ilvl 220 going into ulduar, making it a 19 difference to ulduar hardmode loot. Well geared raiders today (few weeks ago) are at maybe 260, making the step to icc hardmode loot 17.

We're seeing shitloads of ICC hardmode clears because the encounters are "easier", not because guilds already know the encounter or because they're already geared up. Same thing was true for Ulduar.
    I can assure you if the guilds already had a basic tactic for the boss that they just needed to modify to fit the hardmode, Ulduar hardmodes wouldve been easier.
    Also you point about gear is null for a few reasons:
    If you say that ICC hard if it was open on the first day people would still had a 260 ilvl average, making it 17 points, then its flawed because that includes ICC gear, you couldnt really get more than 258 in ToC, and some people didnt have 258 everywhere, so it would be more 255-258, making it a 19-22 ilvl gap.
    Also, I'm very much certain that the Ulduar hardmodes wouldve been easier if people had their Tier 8.5 4set bonus before they could do ulduar hardmodes, because the tier 8 bonuses were pretty generous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Just wanna add also, when the blood beast on saurfang roots their targets they'll also gain a damage buff that will 1 shot any non tanks in your raid. A 85k crit at the last second caught me off guard.
    Baltz <Nurfed> - US Tichondrius

Blood queen increases her raid wide shadow dmg aura by 5% for each bite, Hp is increased by 30-35%, enrage stays the same

When Saurfangs Blood Beasts appear they also apply a debuff to the raid that reduces movement speed massively. (Note : Not strictly when they appear but, at some point during their life)

this is sad, i'm still stuck at LK due to attendance issues. I want to unlock HM so i can personally update this list myself :S

Anyway, does anyone know what the icon of this thread means? yknow, the icon that says if it's stickied, if it's a hot topic, etc. The one on this thread seems unique, no other thread has it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by crazerk
    Anyway, does anyone know what the icon of this thread means? yknow, the icon that says if it's stickied, if it's a hot topic, etc. The one on this thread seems unique, no other thread has it.
    If you have a post in a sticky, the icon changes. At least, that's the best I've been able to tell.

For Sindragosa, the Backlash AoE damage amount depends on the number of stacks. The higher you stack it, the larger the aoe damage becomes when the buff expires.

For Dreamwalker, the Zombies don't gain a new ability, they just run a LOT faster.

“Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Most of these are probably already mentioned but anyways.

Marrowgar: Bone spikes have <100k hp, 3 spawns at a time in 25man , 1 at 10man. Also spawns during bonestorm. Bonestorm hits those who are impaled. It hurts if you are impaled and his WWing next to you.

Deathwhisper: Adds spawn at much faster rate. Adds have no new abilities but obviously deals more dmg. 3 MCs in 25man. 1 in 10man. Also MCs during p2. P2 ghosts explosion deals ~25k dmg to everyone within 10-15 yard range of you (Ghost+frost bolt volley to melee can easily wipe raid). Adds spawn at p2. 3 at a time (from 1 side like 10player phase 1) in 25man and 1 (From stairs) in 10man.

Gunship: Rockets Knockback and everything deals slightly more dmg but if you've killed LK you can't wipe on this one (Even if you jump down, it teleports you back to your ship).

Deathbringer: Blood nova and boiling blood generates ~10 times more runic power than they do in normal. Everything deals much more dmg. Soon after blood beasts spawn (2 at 10man, 5 at 25man) they gain Scent of Blood buff increasing their dmg by 300% (Meaning they 1 shot everyone but tanks) and reduces raids movement speed by 80% (So they need to be slowed/knockbacked as they can no longer be kited). If blood beasts manage to hit anyone, boss gains almost 100 runic power which means new mark and almost certain wipe.

Rotface: Prof. Putricide throws vile gas to raid, doesn't seem to hit melee, but ranged can still chain to to melee. Works almost similary to festerguts one, but deals less dmg and disorients you for shorter time. Adds also spawn at much faster rate and in the end there comes 1 debuff/5sec.

Festergut: Prof. Putricide throws Malleable Goos to raid, can hit melee. They also reduce melee attack speed so they can't simply soak them. Very strict enrage.

Prof. Putricide: No idea if it's similar in 25man man, but in 10man there comes Unbound plague which lasts for 60seconds. Deals dmg every 1 second and each tick deals more dmg. After 11-12 seconds it becomes lethal and kills you. You can pass it to other players by moving next to other player. After you've passed debuff you'll get 60second debuff which increases dmg from unbound plague by 250%. It can stack so you can't have 2 ppl rotating it at back of the room. At phase shifts instead of stunning raid he spawns both oozes at same time.

Blood Princes: Whenever you move you'll gain stacking debuff that deals dmg to you as long as you are moving, it also stacks when you've knockbacked so moving after shock vortex can kill you. Kinetic bombs fall faster.

Blood Queen: Strict enrage. Each time someone becomes a vampire, her passive aura deals more dmg.

Valithria: Doesn't have any more health but she takes unavoidable dmg all the time. Portals are red and clouds only respawn for every new portal phase (theres 8 in 10man, not sure how many there are in 25man). They also leave dot that ticks for 200 dmg/sec/stack.

Sindragosa: Instability debuffs explode when it expires. Range of explosion seems to increase when you have more stacks but can't confirm this. Breath at p2 kills anyone it hits (+200k dmg) and blocks have ALOT more health. 6 blocks at p2 in 25man, 2 in 10man. There comes NO blocks in p1 unlike some others have claimed.

LK: No idea

Gunship Battle
    - Mortar Bombs deal a 7 yard knockback on impact.
    + npcs on the enemy ship have some kind of stacking buff, so the longer they stay unkilled the bigger damage they deal (axe throwers and the guys who throw mortar bombs)

Rotface
    -Prof Putricide casts Vile Gas throughout the fight (The ability from Festergut that makes you Disoriented)
    + the vile gas does not make you disoriented tho, it just interrupts/stuns you in the process. so you can somewhat keep casting with it and even run away a bit

Festergut
    -Prof Putricide casts Malleable Goo throughout the encounter
    + as you cant target putricide during the encounter, there is no way to determine the exact spot/player where the goo is going to thru the combat log parse. the spell is called "Malleable Goo Spell Trigger" and your addons can only spam "Malleable Goo Casted". so you have to watch for it

Professor Putricide
    - Gains new ability Unbound Plague http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=70911.
    - Doesn't throw Tear Gas during transitions, but spawns a green and red slime simultaneously instead
    + removing (placing it on another player) Unbound Plague leaves you with a debuff increasing damage from Unbound Plague by a certain amount of %, so you cant just switch it back and forth between 2 players.

Blood Princes
    - Gains new ability http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=72999.
    - Kinetic Bombs drop faster
    + 3 kinetic bombs on 10man (i think)

Blood Queen Lanathel
    + everything deals more damage and each vampire bite adds ~5% dmg to boss, so the second air phase is the only thing critical here

Sindragosa
    - Backlash acts as a splash AOE to those around you for 20 yards, not just damaging you alone.
    + the aoe during air phase instantkills on hit (the one you need to hide behind the cube from)

Lich King
    + Valkyrs in Phase 3 are not stunnable (?)

Updated opening thread with feedback and also with personal experience.

+ npcs on the enemy ship have some kind of stacking buff, so the longer they stay unkilled the bigger damage they deal (axe throwers and the guys who throw mortar bombs)
    This was already around in normal mode -_- It's like they gain 'experience' and 'level up'. It is for all adds, even those on your ship.

i don't think valkyrs are not stunnable! that would be.. impossible to kill? lol.

Man, I cant belive how easy the boat was today. Really couldnt notice a change at all.

WoW Vlogs and Cooking Videos on YouTube. Click Below!
    http://www.youtube.com/Zeilla8

It would seem that DW has a very lage difficulty gap between 10 and 25. All bosses do of course, but the 10 man heroic DW encounter is very easy, yet I see a VERY large amount of guilds skipping her on 25 and moving on.

Current main: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Thetormented

Deleted

LK hc: horrors in P1 frenzy after some time, doubling their melee dmg and attack speed; infest hits a lot harder

": horrors in P1 frenzy after some time, "
    Is this a different buff from Enrage? can it be tranq shotted?

Anyway, updated the OP with LK HM updates after watching Adept's kill. What raid composition were they using anyway? I guess i was confused because everyone seemed to be DPSing at some point lol. (e.g. resto shaman was shooting LBs and CLs throughout P3, disc priest (i think) was mindflaying, etc)

Deleted

its at 20% hp, and cant be tranq shotted
    with frenzy and enrage up, they hit for 100k+ on a icc geared tank

Quote Originally Posted by Mammel
    Sindragosa: Instability debuffs explode when it expires. Range of explosion seems to increase when you have more stacks but can't confirm this. Breath at p2 kills anyone it hits (+200k dmg) and blocks have ALOT more health. 6 blocks at p2 in 25man, 2 in 10man. There comes NO blocks in p1 unlike some others have claimed.

LK: No idea
    Blocks don't have a lot of health, at least in 10m.

Almost the entire raid had to stand around doing absolutely nothing in Air Phase or we would have killed both blocks in about 5 seconds.

In P3 we were having issues with overeager DPS killing ice blocks before stacks could even drop off.

Block HP is definitely NOT an issue in Sindragosa 10m hard mode.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.