Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Guide to Heroic ICC

Thx

How do i unlock Hardmodes?
    At least one raid member in your raid group needs to have killed Lich King on whatever difficulty you want to attempt hardmodes in (10 or 25).
    Thats false. You need to kill LK in 10 men to unclock 10 men heroic and u need to kill him in 25 men normal to unlock the 25 heroic mode (killing LK in 10 men doesn't unlock 25 men heroic mode)

10+ Year Old Account

u just repeated what he said

Thats false. You need to kill LK in 10 men to unclock 10 men heroic and u need to kill him in 25 men normal to unlock the 25 heroic mode (killing LK in 10 men doesn't unlock 25 men heroic mode)
    Someone needs a Comprehension lesson..

10+ Year Old Account

Nice, i'll just pop this into my vent comment so i don't sound like a skipping record player every week.

Quote Originally Posted by crazerk
    You have to kill them in the same lockout.
    Wait... let me get this straight...
    We cannot toggle heroic on LK unless we killed all the end wing bosses on heroic that lockout?
    To clarify more: We just finished glory of the icecrown raider 10 man. At one point we'd like to skip bosses like hm sindy to get to LK hc faster (just do her on normal), but you're saying we can't. Is this correct?

15+ Year Old Account

Correct...

...except there used to be a bug that let you do HM LK even if you hadn't killed the end wing bosses on HM. I don't know if that's still the case, or if they've fixed it to correspond with the original intention (that you'd have to kill HM putri, sind, BQL).

Someone maybe said this already. But in Gunship HC the enemy "boss" gets a stacking buff which increases damage, it's a few more percent damage increase than in normal mode. I think it was 2% more damage per stack (not sure at all).

Not much but still could be good to know.
    Minions... servants... soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
    *chills*

Someone should make a ICC normal guide like this for us newbs plx

Someone should make a ICC normal guide like this for us newbs plx
    There is, i made one. the search function is broken so i can't find it for now. :S

@BYONDIIx
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Guide-to-ICC10
    here is my other guide for normal modes

I was wondering if anyone could help on heroic 10 man Marrowgar and Saurfang.

On Marrowgar the problem we have is during the bonestorm with the increased damage from that + coldflame + the spikes all at the same time we are loosing people. From a melee perspective it's even harder because often the person spiked will end up in the same place as bonestorm and coldflame and dpsing the spike will kill me.

On Saurfang our problem was the blood beasts hitting the tanks too much so he gains blood power too quickly which in turn leads to too many marks which eventually wipes us. We used 2 healers but when the 3rd mark went up they couldn't keep us all up at that point which is happening around 10%. Is there a way for the ranged to instantly pull aggro of the blood beasts off the tanks so that he doesn't gain BP so quick? This week we tried 2 locks, 2 mages, a shadow priest and me a Fury Warrior. The day before it was 1 lock, 1 mage, 1 boomkin, a shadow priest, a hunter and me.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Racetrack; 2010-09-09 at 09:20 AM.

for marrowgar:

around 4-5s before bonestorm get your OT to run out of raid to the left or right doesn't matter (around 20-30yd) and once he starts to cast bonestorm get your MT run opposite direction, rest of the raid stays in place (i assume you are all stacking on him right?) and do not run anywhere! if you are melee just stay with everyone on the middle and move as a group, what will happen is boss will charge from one tank to another so no storm on raid and tanks can eat it easily

and for saurfang: if blood beasts hit your tanks at all then your tanks do something terribly wrong, tell them not to use any aoe attacks - beast should have 0 aggro on tanks... and if you have boomkin put him in the middle and let him use typhoon to knock back beasts - helps a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could help on heroic 10 man Marrowgar and Saurfang.

On Marrowgar the problem we have is during the bonestorm with the increased damage from that + coldflame + the spikes all at the same time we are loosing people. From a melee perspective it's even harder because often the person spiked will end up in the same place as bonestorm and coldflame and dpsing the spike will kill me.

On Saurfang our problem was the blood beasts hitting the tanks too much so he gains blood power too quickly which in turn leads to too many marks which eventually wipes us. We used 2 healers but when the 3rd mark went up they couldn't keep us all up at that point which is happening around 10%. Is there a way for the ranged to instantly pull aggro of the blood beasts off the tanks so that he doesn't gain BP so quick? This week we tried 2 locks, 2 mages, a shadow priest and me a Fury Warrior. The day before it was 1 lock, 1 mage, 1 boomkin, a shadow priest, a hunter and me.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Frester covered Marrowgar, but, with 5 ranged you should be killing the beasts so quickly that they barely hit the tanks (even tho they should NEVER hit the tanks). As for the marks, if you have a holy paladin, have them beacon the first mark for the entire fight and heal the tanks, the other healer should be able to take care of 2more marks quite easily. First time I killed Saurfang heroic was with 2healers and we had 4 marks for the last 15% of the fight. Think that was at 15% buff or something as well.

By the way, are you 2 or 3 healing Marrowgar? I imagine with healing problems you are using 2, use 3, enrage is a non-issue anyway.

---------- Post added 2010-09-16 at 10:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    Wait... let me get this straight...
    We cannot toggle heroic on LK unless we killed all the end wing bosses on heroic that lockout?
    To clarify more: We just finished glory of the icecrown raider 10 man. At one point we'd like to skip bosses like hm sindy to get to LK hc faster (just do her on normal), but you're saying we can't. Is this correct?
    No, as long as someone in the raid has the achievements for each wing on heroic you can toggle LK hm on. You don't need to kill each end wing boss on hardmode every reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a tank is ever touched by a blood beast, they've failed. To be safe, they should NEVER use AoE during the fight. If they're smart though, they can pull it off. Just tell them to stop all AoE 10 seconds before the beasts spawn and you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Frester covered Marrowgar, but, with 5 ranged you should be killing the beasts so quickly that they barely hit the tanks (even tho they should NEVER hit the tanks). As for the marks, if you have a holy paladin, have them beacon the first mark for the entire fight and heal the tanks, the other healer should be able to take care of 2more marks quite easily. First time I killed Saurfang heroic was with 2healers and we had 4 marks for the last 15% of the fight. Think that was at 15% buff or something as well.
    Two Paladin healers works amazingly well for this method. You can have one beacon the first mark, the other beacon the second, both heal the tank currently getting spanked and spot heal those who need it... And with the 30% buff, if you're getting to 3 marks you have some issues. But on the off chance that you do get there, pray that it's near the end of the fight and have one of the Paladins switch heals to the third mark while maintaining their beacon on the other. This is how I first downed him (with the 20% buff and as the healer who took a mark, the tanks, and the raid heals at the end >_<), and it works really nicely. Of course, having two boomkins helped a lot with the beasts. :P
    Last edited by Jorick; 2010-09-16 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks for the advice guys, it helped

We got both Marrow and Saurfang as well as DW, Gunship, Fester, Rot and BQ this week

Now Princes and Dreamwalker were tricky

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the advice guys, it helped

We got both Marrow and Saurfang as well as DW, Gunship, Fester, Rot and BQ this week

Now Princes and Dreamwalker were tricky
    Congratulations

Can anyone confirm that you still need to kill all endbosses on hc after patch 4.01 to unlock LKhc?
    They removed the attempts now so i wonder if its still needed.

Back again for more help from you wow gods

This time it's heroic Sindragosa 10. We've been trying her for about a month and she's all that stands between us and heroic Lich King. We're not delusional enough to think we can do hrc LK before Cata but it would be nice to get a look at him.

So on heroic Sindragosa it's all going fine until phase 3 when it falls apart quick. I think it's partly because people start to panic and make silly mistakes. We're dropping tombs behind the legs on each side so the tanks can drop their stacks laterally so the tanks don't have to cross diagonally to drop them, instead the just taunt the boss on different sides depending who is tanking. If one healer is tombed and one has unchained magic then the 3rd healer isn't able to keep the tanks and the raid up and that's when we wipe.

If anyone has any advice i would love to hear it, thanks.
    Last edited by Racetrack; 2010-11-09 at 10:13 AM.

1. make sure that those who get unchained in p3 do not cast at all!!! this is really important as the damage will overwhelm you fast.
    2. make sure that everyone is dropping stacks regularly as this reduces raid damage by a lot.
    3. assign one good melee dps (and one additional if first one get tombed) to destroy tombs once tanks lose stacks
    4. stay cool it's not a dps race
    5. don't fuck up on magic pull

one healer should be able to keep up raid reasonably ok if everyone follows those rules
    if shit hits the fan and you get 2 heals tombed then break one immediately
    if tank gets low, healer with unchained can drop big gun on him but try to gtfo from raid after that, or if it's near the end and it gets hectic just sacrifice yourself (you can live 35s before exploding if you keep casting) but try to avoid that situation