Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Can't adapt to priest healing I think....

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Most likely the Divine Guardian glyph, one of the most awesome glyphs ever made.
    Think it's actually Guardian Spirit glyph.

Deleted

To OP: sometimes it just depends on playstyle. I used to intensively heal on my Holy paladin, and once got on my priest I found myself unconfortable about the way this class heals; thats just me.

Long story short, dont hesitate to switch back, really.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doors79
    Think it's actually Guardian Spirit glyph.
    D'oh, yeah of course. I usually just call the skill "my little angel"
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    D'oh, yeah of course. I usually just call the skill "my little angel"
    In my runs over vent it's just called "Wings". I've officially managed to take the short-form name from Paladins! in order to be talking about it. *heroic flex*
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Kelesti: that's awesome in so many ways!

Noone really cared much about me using the the GS cooldown ... until I added a tell macro for it. Whenever it is cast, I whisper my target, and copy the message into the healing channel as well. I swear, it's an excellent way to get popular with the tanks, and it went a long way from gaining acceptance to the fact that priests do other things than win healing meters in my guild. After that, my GS got really popular, and we continued to take on both Sarth3D - and eventually Mimiron - much thanks to the help of Guardian Spirit helping the tanks out.

The only think I could possibly wish for is that it actually works as advertised more than 30% of the time. We wiped for 5 weeks on Sarth3D much due to GS failing out on us and the MT inadvertedly getting oneshot as a result. One of these days, someone at blizzard is going to make a holypriest too, and then it will be fixed!

Yes, I'm good at self-delusion
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Danner, it'll never happen. Look at the fact it took them three years to let Righteous Defense target a mob or a boss without having to do some targetoftarget or /assist macro. They don't play holy priests (do they actually play any non druid healer?), but they're terrible so they think everything's in the right places when really, it's not.

Funny story, I took a night off to spend with the significant other (omg Kel has a lief? nowai!), and missed our last dreamwalker kill. Apparently, the exact words from half the raid were "Do we have wings?" and asked my Discipline counterpart to respec. I lol'd, in so many ways.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

druids are the chart toppers, holy priests are the burst healers.

You don't always need to be healing. Normally I will do three flash heals to get serenity stacked, put a renew on each of the tanks, and keep everyone topped off with flash heals and PoM. When the big raid damage starts coming, that is when I blow CoH and PoH.

Other than that, its mainly about CD management. Use your fiend earlier rather than later, blow any trinkets you may have that might help with mana regeneration early so you can use the as much as possible (sliver of pure ice).