Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Improved Devotion Aura

I am starting to think about doing this also, but my reason is i mainly only do 10 mans

1) My wife is a resto druid (Tree)
    2) The other Tank for the guild is Prot pally (so here in the imp devo arua)

So I can drop the points because both things that i would need it for is covered by two others already.

10+ Year Old Account

only reason i could see this is if theres another prot paladin around 100% of the time you are raiding.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by lordstr
    I am starting to think about doing this also, but my reason is i mainly only do 10 mans

1) My wife is a resto druid (Tree)
    2) The other Tank for the guild is Prot pally (so here in the imp devo arua)

So I can drop the points because both things that i would need it for is covered by two others already.
    that is the only acceptable reason to do it. but the normal MT should be the one to do it for a little more threat. if that is you than you do it. if it is the other guy he should.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    You missed the point in my most. Holys run say shadow resist or fire resist for aura mastery. Aura mastery for dev aura is pretty much shit.
    What if you have a ret with am tho! I kid, as the holy and ret should be cycling them.

If you want to try no devo aura then just make a prot pvp build to mess around with. Usually throwing talents in the ret tree to increase critical strike. Have fun in bgs with it and play around. I also use it in heroics for a slight dps increase and a little more dmg taken for non stop mana/constant pulls in heroics.

10/25 man a different story. Leave the points as is and let your healers breathe a little

15+ Year Old Account

On a little side note: while the 6% increased healing doesn't stack with Resto druids' Tree aura, the armor granted by Devotion Aura stacks with Stoneskin Totem.

I had many people asking, so I'll just throw it here too :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Never had Devo Aura, until now with ICC and armor being teh shit. I've always had a tree running with me so wasn't necessary imo. Plus, retri MOAR dmg.

For HCs, something fun is, get shitloads of str gear, have 540def, and run with SoC, it's Fun. You'll top dps most likely, unless you're already doing it .

Hberoics only need 535 def
    Pondering returning.

Prot pallys should stick with Imp Devo.
    You don't gain any more utility if a Holy specs Imp Devo and you spec Divinity or Reckoning.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Why would you want reckoning? Not nice treath since it isn't even holy dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusian
    So really it leaves you with a nice 3 point fill talent that is Imp.Dev, yes it doesnt scale as well with the more and more armor we are recieving but hey at least its half way useful.

-Aes
    600 extra armor (at least I think it is, can't remember) is never going to be bad. It doesn't 'scale bad' and it's more than 'half way useful'.

Trying not to come off as a dick, but this is something you guys need to understand =P
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

I've been staying out this thread because I already made up my mind and was enjoying reading the stuff coming up.

I do have to address this

Quote Originally Posted by Banan
    Why would you want reckoning? Not nice treath since it isn't even holy dmg.
    I guess you didn't know that the reckoning granted extra melee strikes will proc seal damage and effects. As in it will stack up Vengeance, proc vengeance damage, proc the cleave effect from SoCom etc etc.

Now go read more about stuff you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedh
    I've been staying out this thread because I already made up my mind and was enjoying reading the stuff coming up.

I do have to address this

I guess you didn't know that the reckoning granted extra melee strikes will proc seal damage and effects. As in it will stack up Vengeance, proc vengeance damage, proc the cleave effect from SoCom etc etc.

Now go read more about stuff you don't know.

the fact that he is wrong about how reckoning works doenst change the fact that it isnt worth the points.
    Pondering returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    the fact that he is wrong about how reckoning works doenst change the fact that it isnt worth the points.
    Context.

Any situation where you spend more time tanking anything that delivers a high volume of strikes increases the benefit from reckoning. Which means if you are mainly a heroic tank, get put on add detail alot or random boss xyz is a dw(as far as I know there aren't any at the current tier). Saying it's worthless without saying why or comparing it to the other options is just ignorant.

But before you go " AMG THIS NUB IS GOING TO TANKZORZ ICC WITH RECKONING AND NO DG!!!!!!!" Once I actually start seriously raiding again(less than 3 months till I get back the states) I will be dropping reckoning, picking up DG and keeping imp devo.

And here is why.

Any content that you could get away with not having imp devo you most likely will not need DG, so its a moot trade off.
    Any content that you could get away with not having either of those two is content you out gear at which point you can start picking up more threat talents, however reckoning's effectiveness tapers off after 3/5, the difference in uptime between 3 and 5 points is negligible.
    You have to spend the 3 points that were spent in imp devo some where in prot to get further down; your only option in prot for more threat is reckoning, which is as previously mentioned a trash/heroic tanking talent therefore you don't need DG, but trash is usually a lot of physical damage being rained down on one person which makes imp devo more attractive. The fact that imp devo also supplies the raid wide tree buff is only of value in 10mans when you are not sure you got a tree; I am sure that in a 25man you have a strong chance to have at least one tree on raid heals. Furthermore, 10mans aren't balanced around there being someone with the 6% healing buff, unlike with kings, fort and GotW for some reason.
    DG on the other hand is only a strong talent when there are fight fights with large amounts of predictable raid wide damage. This makes it a strong raid boss tanking talent.

TLDR
    Reckoning is awesome for tanking large groups of mobs and for anything that hits really fast.
    DG is awesome when your raid is going to be taking large amounts of unavoidable damage.

I'll berate any Prot Paladin that specs reckoning over Imp Devo because of the fact now i have to spend points in it which makes me lose blessed hands and 1 point out of imp LOH.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp
    I'll berate any Prot Paladin that specs reckoning over Imp Devo because of the fact now i have to spend points in it which makes me lose blessed hands and 1 point out of imp LOH.
    Indeed. Holydins can spend their points in better places than Imp.Devotion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted

Giving up 11% healing without any good reason (there aren't any though, and all of your arguments in the whole thread suck monkey balls with passion) is simply... stupid. You aren't doing much hard modes, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret
    Giving up 11% healing without any good reason (there aren't any though, and all of your arguments in the whole thread suck monkey balls with passion) is simply... stupid. You aren't doing much hard modes, I guess?
    It would be helpful if you said to whom your replying to. If its to a holydin...you realize it doesnt stack with tree aura and OTHER imp devos...right?
    If its to a prot, they dont spec into divinity.period.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

God, hope he isn't replying to me because Blessing of Sac becomes a 12 sec pain suppression when i have blessed hands and i've got about 5-6 tank cds.