Poll: Who will win?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rated Battleground - Arenaheads vs Battlegroun Heroes

Rated battleground coming. Who will dominate them? The arenaheads, self claimed kings of PVP? Or the Battleground Heroes, who think Battlegrounds should be the real form of PVP.

Your opinion.

To clarify a few things..

BG hero is a therm the arena players call people who prefer Bgs over arenas and slag the arena. Arenahead is what the BG players call the arena players when they slag arena. Both therms I've seen on the official forums both us and eu.

I played arena past 2k for 2 seasons till i got nerfed, now i do bgs. I'm not taking any sides, but I'm inclined to point out the attitude of certain arena players who use their rating as some sort of diploma and an excuse to insult others.

Now for the last time, a BG hero isn't some retarded dumbass who runs against a deathwall till the game is over, it's the guy who tries to win a bg. Who adapts to tactics fast.

Arenaheads are pro arena players who enter an arena and leave with good title at the end of every season by playing his class and along with other classes, very well.

Now since you have the image of what i had in mind when i used those therms, you can move on to the point of the topic.
    Ghostcrawler :
    This isn't a contest to try to get your ideas into the game. Very, very few player suggestions are ever going to see the light of day. If you find that prospect too frustrating, then spend more effort describing problems rather than offering solutions, or just read along instead of posting.

Re: Rated Battleground - Arenaheads vs Battlegroun Heroes

To be honest im afraid as hell of this rated bg, from what i understand it will mean no pre maid on bg = no fun for you, well its like that now annyway but it will make it more official.
    "Close your eyes and start runing, wall will find you on it own" - Onearrow
    "Life tap is such a great ability! But why didnt blizzard think about ability that would take your mana and regain your health instead.... oh... wait..." - Entalpia

Battlegrounds should be enjoyable, and allowing even the casuals providing they at least know what to do an opportunity to contribute.
    Premades ruin that, and tbh shouldn't be something that can be done unfortunatly it is never likely to be prevented.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

This game was at it's best when a 10 man premade met another 10 man premade in WSG, bring back those days.

Bg heroes? What the hell are bg heroes? The bg heroes are the arena players taking a break from arena.
    If any of these "heroes" you talk about even exist, they are gonna be buttraped by an organized 10-15 man team of arena players. Talking about proper arena players tho, not noobs in the 1800s.

I have a field marshal warrior myself, and I sure as hell wouldnt call me a bg hero, bg farmer more like it, killing undergeared people. Like im guessing are the people you are referring to.

Id like to point out only one BG per week will be rated. This will have very little effect on casuals. its not like every BG you will be facing a premade.

Also epic fail by the OP to create new nickname terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Comby
    Bg heroes? What the hell are bg heroes? The bg heroes are the arena players taking a break from arena.
    If any of these "heroes" you talk about even exist, they are gonna be buttraped by an organized 10-15 man team of arena players. Talking about proper arena players tho, not noobs in the 1800s.

I have a field marshal warrior myself, and I sure as hell wouldnt call me a bg hero, bg farmer more like it, killing undergeared people. Like im guessing are the people you are referring to.

See that's what I mean. Self claimed. And yet, when I run a late night premade with a few people from my server, in which there are several gladiators, most of the time they spend time complaining on vent how OP this and that class is, or just farm kills for the scoreboard. Ultimately making minimal efforts to contribute.

Are these what you mean? If so, then I expect the BG heroes to be in for a treat.
    Ghostcrawler :
    This isn't a contest to try to get your ideas into the game. Very, very few player suggestions are ever going to see the light of day. If you find that prospect too frustrating, then spend more effort describing problems rather than offering solutions, or just read along instead of posting.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    Battlegrounds should be enjoyable, and allowing even the casuals providing they at least know what to do an opportunity to contribute.
    Premades ruin that, and tbh shouldn't be something that can be done unfortunatly it is never likely to be prevented.
    Wut. Even if you got in to a premade in TBC any premade leader worth their salt would give randoms instructions - sounds like somebody just wants to continue fighting on the roads in AB or squabbling over the flag constantly in EOTS and not get steamrolled.

I hope you are referring to PVP capability differences between PVE and PVP gear, in which case, top tier PVE gear as it stands is pretty decent for BGs but, as it should be, if you run in to a "BG hero" you'll get creamed due to lack of resilience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Love how people in here are realy trying to start a well based discusion with a Question like:

"Hey Kids would you rather have the super cool and mega super duper nice Battleground Heros win OR, those super lame and totaly not nice Arena players?"

Anyways a friend of mine is one of those BG Fans and dosen't think much about Arena and well we generaly outpreform him in almost any way, dosn't matter if it is Gear or Awareness or knowledge of Classes or well pretty much anything.

And running BG as much as he dose just dosn’t help him as much since, let’s be honest after some 100 BG’s (each) you know pretty much everything there is to know.

So in the end Arenaheads will probably win just because they are well yeah better at PvP in general (as allways there are exeptions)
    Remeber Kid‘s: As long as people have same delusion they are not crazy, they're are a „religion“.

Me I am personally excited for the rated BGs.

That will prob be all i play. I think the people who know how to arena will do the best in them.

I am too tired of the casual players that are so casual they disregard complete strategy and just around around not knowing what to do.

Arena will win b/c they understand the concept of doing your part even if you're not uber wtfpwning people, healing is still as important (the unsung heros are the healers lol)

I mean how often do the "BG heroes" roll into AB, do no buffs and cap Farm BS and then head for stabls, leaving no defenders at the previous 2--then fighting no where near the nodes so they get 5 capped. Yeah arena people would be like "oh hey i should stay here with 2 other people and keep them alive so we don't lose this point.

Hope youg et where im coming form with this

Arena isn't fun at all! Arena is RNG and FotM-Combo-Abusing... I think Rated BGs will be much more fun and tactic, other than crit/lol/crit/stun/dead-Arena!

Perhaps my defintion of a "Bg Hero" is significantly different then yours but whenever I refer, or have heard others refer to BG heroes its always to be sarcastic. To myself a BG Hero is someone in a battleground completely disregarding his team and trying to accomplish everything by his or herself. They try to kill the enemy flag carrier alone while the FC has 2 healers and a dps supporting him, you ask them to wait and they don't they just rush in like some sort of Hero. I have never heard of someone refer to someone as a bg hero in a positive way or a skillful way.

Most of the time when I join a battleground I usually tell everyone not to be a BG hero and stick together but of course every battleground you always get a couple of battleground heroes, this is especially apparent when you are losing and apparently everyone in the BG sucks while this guy is at the bottom of the other teams GY in WSG trying to kill people with a bunch of other scrubs who have no concept of victory.

So Arenaheads would kick the living shit out of BG Heroes by my definition because at least arena players have a concept of team work towards a common goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori
    Arena isn't fun at all! Arena is RNG and FotM-Combo-Abusing... I think Rated BGs will be much more fun and tactic, other than crit/lol/crit/stun/dead-Arena!
    It's not going to be that simple.

Let me tell you now that there's going to be tons of rage on forums all over when a premade rocks a "cookie cutter" RLS + Boomkin at the Lumber Mill, a RMP at Blacksmith to stall and have a central swing point, while a roaming 2345 5v5 team puts pressure on offense.

Or whatever stacked class comp/ability synergy that is deemed OP at the time. I mean people are whining about War/Double Healer in 3v3 right now, what's going to change when that team is running the flag in WSG?

Also, what most people aren't getting is that once ratings + ladder hit the BGs, the BGs will cease to exist as you knew them now and in the past. Everyone who hates Arena thinks adding rating/ladder to BG will be the best thing since sliced bread, but it's just the same thing they hate---competition and having to actually win your matches.

--M

Quote Originally Posted by Lori
    Honestly, people who hate arena are people who are just not good at it at all. (or dislike pvp all together) If you love pvp, as I do, how could you not like the most purest form of pvp? Objective: Kill enemies. Simple and effective. Battlegrounds are very fun as well (well most of them are) but the fact that there are secondary objectives (secondary meaning other than just kill opponents), I feel, takes a little away from PvP.

Just think about UFC, if they had to run some kind of relay race as well as being able to fight each other... would it be worse, just as good or better? Everyone will have their own opinions of that but I for one love the man vs man combat.

As for the topic, definitly the Arena players will faceroll over any 'bg heroes'.

1) They'll have better gear (since if you only do bg's, you'll be missing out on a lot of high end gear)
    2) They'll have better synergy with their teammates (better coordination / communication)
    3) They'll know more about their opponents
    4) They are more aware of themselves, their teammates, their enemies and their surroundings

I'm yet to meet a 'bg hero' who doesn't have an arena title, the rest of the people in BGs seem either borderline, or 0-resilience clueless sheep.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted

I miss the options: "Who? What?"

Bg's have nothing to do with classes inside them. I mean, in s5 only the team with more dk's/paladins invariable won, but nvm.

The good players will dominate, that is to say: arenaheads (with few exceptions)
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

this is very interesting because i often notice when people know the battle ground or are very good at their class, but often its not the same

arena guys:
    i see alot of players who cc healer and burn a dps, mages who sheep in bgs usually preform better than those who dont..... but at the same time, these people dont wait til the base is capped, fight away from nodes and not protecting, leave healers at bases to defend when they r far more superior on offense than another dps and make silly other tactical mistakes

bg heroes:
    i also see alot of players who know the battle ground yet dont often play their class effectively, for instance not focuz firing and every1 trying to dps a different target, and reliance upon killing and lack of cc and control

imo people in rated bgs will be arena guys who finally pay attention to learning how to do a bg and not making tactical errors, fighting on a node and waiting til its capped is much easier than teaching a mage how to put debuffs on a target b4 sheeping, or getting people who dont chain cc to chain cc, this is esp hard without vent

arena plays r all about adapting in an arena, once they put together the idea they need to adapt in a bg its gg

hopefully this means more people who stay til a base is capped, play d on the base, dont fight in the open, and in av finally understand y towers win games

yano really in a bg i wouldn't mind losing so much if it was more like a closer game and we just got out skilled in general.

Most time lost games are b/c no Def in WSG and running into a group solo. Zerg rushing every node in a circle in AB and no defending nodes/fighting off the nodes. AV no grouping.... at all--you can't solo groups of people and cap tower.

Those are the main ones i do anymore, EoTS from time to time but that is, Okay everyone skip our nodes and head to flag/ally nodes then back and forth with 0 defense. its epic fail

How can you really separate the two ?

until there's some gear worth getting from BG's, battleground devotees are 'forced' into arenas.

liking or not liking something has little bearing on how skilled someone is at it... only how willing they are to go the extra mile once the reward has been obtained.