View Poll Results: MMO-Champion along with several other fan sites always have a vast amount of discussions revolving a

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • FPS (1st Person)

6 25.00%
  • FPS (3rd Person

1 4.17%
  • RTS

15 62.50%
  • RPG (Turn Based)

0 0%
  • RPD (Real Time)

1 4.17%
  • Other

1 4.17%

Most Skill oriented genre of Video Games.

(Question was too long) ...While I don't disagree that WoW might be too easy, it does bring up a good question. What, as a large diverse gamer community, do you consider to be a High Skill Oriented game. Please choose a genre and post what you consider is the most skill needed game in the chosen genre. Thank you =)

If you feel I may have left something out, please let me know and it will be fixed =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pos View Post
    WoW is my shameful secret. Like a mistress. or a child.

Re: Most Skill oriented genre of Video Games.

Whats an RTD?

I voted RTS since they are pretty much the only game that require you to actually think and plan stuff out rather than just read a guide or have fast reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by rantus
    Whats an RTD?

I voted RTS since they are pretty much the only game that require you to actually think and plan stuff out rather than just read a guide or have fast reflexes.
    God dammit... Thats supposed to be RPG, Well I came close to not having any spelling errors =P

RTS is a good choice, very skill oriented, do you have a specific RTS that you think takes more skill then others? Most RTS games are pretty much the same, with a few differences, so you might not have one.

Quote Originally Posted by rantus
    Whats an RTD?

This. I also voted RTS. Generally, RTS have a much greater learning curve and requiring much more mental coordination (i.e micro-managing) than any RPG or FPS I've played.

RTS's on the higher leagues are insane, so much micromanagement that I feel like a noob just watching them.

Watch the SC2 Battle Reports for example.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/StarCraf...81BFB78114955E

Alright guys keep it up, I had a feeling RTS would win =P

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

I'd have voted for RTS games, because they have a high skill cap, however, I don't really think there's a skill cap for FPS games. Once you're practiced enough with an RTS, it's less skill and more strategy. Whereas once you're practiced enough with an FPS, it still requires a great load of skill for unplanned, on the spot reaction.

RTS because im a moran.

Deleted

We don't want these "What is hardest?!" threads, because in the end, it will lead to one side going "Runescape-like games are the thoughest thing there is" and the other side going "Nooooo, Wolfenstein and the games it inspired are totally the hardest", and then we go down from there.

I am stopping before this happens, to avoid having to do a lot of cleanup. Go read the stickie at the top of the forums: http://www.mmo-champion.com/video-ga...um-guidelines/.

Also, clearly, the most difficult genre is