Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would Farming Northrend herbs and Ores make me enough gold?

I was wondering if Farming all Northrend Herbs and Ores be able to make me the gold i need to get the things i want for my characters?

I Have a druid with Herbalism/Alchemy 450 and a rogue wth Mining/Engineering 450 and i use both those characters to farm all the time but my question really is:

Will i make more gold selling the piles and piles of herbs and ores on the AH or finding someone to sell to in mass?

i tryed to sell in masson the AH but every time i look at my auctions the never sell because someone posted 10 times the ammount of herbs/ores i just posted for 1g or 2g less then what i posted mine for. its a pain in the butt for me because im trying to get gold so i can get epic flying on all my characters and im so close to being abl to make the chopper on my rogue lol...
    let me know please. or if someone could tell me what sells the best that would be great too. ;D
    Verfan Druid 80 5.1k GS Blackrock
    Zoolt Hunter 80 5.7k GS Blackrock
    Broorogue Rogue 70 Coilfang
    Twohearts Paladin 70 Coilfang
    Motorskills Shaman 45 Blackrock

Re: Would Farming Northrend herbs and Ores make me enough gold?

Well, I think you answered your first question... You want to find someone that buys them in mass so that you don't have to deal with unstable AH prices and people undercutting you, not to mention the AH cut.

For the second part, Titanium sells the best, obviously, cobalt, then saronite. But that's on my server and it could greatly vary. As far as the herbs go, lichbloom has been at the top since day 1, but once again that's just for my server.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

seeing how you have alchemy and herbing on druid you should make some flasks and post them on the ah on tuesday-us and wednesday-eu but that only works on more hevily populated servers i think although some raiding guilds simply provid eerything you need to raid
    Tycat was here

ore + eternal fire = 800+g an hour
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

If I recall correctly, I once farmed ~2-3 hours herbs in Sholazar Basin. Selling all the herbs and eternals I got I earned ~2500 gold. So not too bad I think. That was before 3.3 though :P

Route I used (and then drawn on map): http://temu92.bluefoxgames.org/files...lazarherbs.png

Basically with the Herbs you get with Herbalism, save them up.
    Go get Elixir Master for Alchemy(Because it proc's the flasks up to 4x, 6x, 8x, and 10x!), and make the Flasks which sell for most.
    Only ever undercut by 1 silver, and only ever put that flasks up 1 at a time, for 12 hours each(As flasks are in constant need).
    Put your flasks up at peak raiding times, preferably around 7:00pm - 11:00pm.

Get an AddOn called Auctioneer, it helps alot with posting etc.

If you need any more help feel free to pm me

-Sonk

"You know that woman in Ironforge, In the King's room. Is she still requesting an audience? Or does she live there?"

Create flasks with your herb / alchemy character.
    That will, and will always, be the best way with those two proffesions.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

thanks for the help :P
    Verfan Druid 80 5.1k GS Blackrock
    Zoolt Hunter 80 5.7k GS Blackrock
    Broorogue Rogue 70 Coilfang
    Twohearts Paladin 70 Coilfang
    Motorskills Shaman 45 Blackrock

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire

With the mining the best time is to go to Wintergrasp during certain hours (around midnight-one a.m. wherever server time). On the peak hours of player activity go to Icecrown. Ive made over 1,000g using this method. However, I still agree Herbalism is more profitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.

One thing that has rendered me loads of gold the past few days is transmutations and farming things in Stratholme/Scholomance.

My Paladin can go into Stratholme for an hour and get 20-30 stacks of Runecloth and sell it for 6-7g a pop while getting loads of greens and blues to disenchant for my other alts.

I mainly went in there because I wanted the alchemy recipe that Balnazzar drops, took me a couple of runs to get it, but once I had it I figured I might as well get to exalted with Argent Dawn for the title. Along that path I managed to farm thousands of gold and it only took a few days.

It's not always Northrend that gives the definite answer to getting gold.

Deleted

wool cloth in my server is like 30g stack o.O also farming azaroth mining ores is very profitable at least on my server, and also the gems that may drop from this sell good.

Same thing with low level herbs.

Btw if you have enchanting i tell you outland stuff sells alot and shtraholme runs for greends to de same thing.

If your willing to put in some time farming (which I assume you are because you refer to selling in mass) I can't see how you won't make plenty of money. Run a bunch of dailies (assuming your are lvl 80) at the same time and you will have your epic flyer(s) in no time.

You can get undercut a bit on things like saronite, but just post at a resonable price and things will sell. You usually can't go wrong with the eternals you will gather (fire and life always demand a good price on my server). Same can be said of titanium ore and any frost lotus you pick up. Those are always in demand and undercutting should never be a big issue.

Over the past year on my DK main I have had skinning/herbalism/mining at one point or another. I dropped them all because you cant compete with the chinese gold farmers that will undercut you out out business. Also they havent even come close making the gold I make now with JC+transmuste spec alchemy. I have 30k gold, which isnt a lot compared to some people, but I dont do dailies, and I dont farm anything. I log in, do my JC daily, transmute and cut epic gem, then sell the gem and my dragon's eye. Even without procs thats 2000 gold a week. I can live on that and so do all my alts with their dual specs and my new level 40 priest with a mechano hog.

Quote Originally Posted by mgp4ever30
    I have 30k gold
    Even without procs thats 2000 gold a week.
    Sorry dude, but that's bullshit and I really can't believe that for one second. Nobody makes 2k gold a week just by procs off their chosen profession, not even God himself. Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    Sorry dude, but that's bullshit and I really can't believe that for one second. Nobody makes 2k gold a week just by procs off their chosen profession, not even God himself. Nice try.
    Actually, it's quite plausible. Just check prices on your server. On mine, dragon's eyes go for 100-120G. Uncut epics usually around 140-150 (except green which are lower), cut epics 160-170 (but will sell for as much as 200 when there are shortages).

So even worst case 7x100 for the eyes = 700G, plus 7x140=980G for the epics (uncut). So that's almost 1700 right there. Plus you will get a few transmute procs out of 7 days to push you to 2000G. Maybe more, especially if you cut the gems. Minus a 100G or so for mats needed for transmutes/JC daily. I have alts with these profs, so I do the same thing.

I made an account just for this...
    Cut cardinal rubies go for 200-220g on my server, that's 1400-1540g already. Then selling dragons eye which go for about 115 on my server is another 805g, which I don't need to be a genius in math to know that's well over 2k gold already...

Along with selling cut ametrines from heroics/togc etc I make another 1-2k gold a week.

Totally plausible. I do similar but make more than that simply by having more alts.

One piece of advice for the OP, make a death knight and give him herbs/mining and the talent for faster flying. Not only will you collect much more for your time invested gathering but you'll be free to pick more useful professions on your main chars.

You'll even make money going back to Azerroth and Outland to level up your gathering skills because as mentioned, prices for some low level ores and herbs are very high.

The downside is the time investment levelling. You'll make money levelling your character and skills but then spend much if not all of it on epic flying.

Your AH must be awful. Even if we assume that is true your statements scream of ignorance. On my server cut gems go for about 210g a piece on average, I've seen them as high as 250g, and Eyes are between 120-170. Over 7days you get 1470+840=2310.

On topic. Elixrs on raid nights sell very well, as will Frost Lotus, but unless you server is really messed up the amount you get from 2 elixrs will be more than one frost lotus.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    One piece of advice for the OP, make a death knight and give him herbs/mining and the talent for faster flying. Not only will you collect much more for your time invested gathering but you'll be free to pick more useful professions on your main chars.
    I would not adivse two gathering prof on the same char. While the positives stated are accurate, the downside is significat
    You can only have one tracker up at a time. So while leveling and farming you will be able to see ore or herbs. This will reduce the efficiency greatly as your focus will have to be on one or the other. It's not impossible, just something I would caution against
    Either one of those combined with LW would be a decent idea, if you want 2 gathering profs.

9.5k in 2 days from mining saronite, prospecting it, selling the blue gems, making jewelery from the green gems and the crystallized earth, having that junk DE'd and selling the resulting enchanting mats.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    It's like the collective psyche of WoW can't get over the sub loss, so when so much as a hotfix is announced, it's due to the sub loss. Tuesday maintenance? Due to the sub loss. Your loot didn't drop? Due to the sub loss. Your girlfriend left you? It's clearly due to the sub loss. Constipated? OBVIOUSLY because of the sub loss.