Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Would Farming Northrend herbs and Ores make me enough gold?

Also have as many alts with alchemy as possible. Im leveling my 3rd alchemist so I can transmute 3 epic gems. I usually only transmute Blue or Orange Gems since the mats for reds are too expensive. So 3 +30 sta gems = 525g a day subtracting costs for buying eternal airs and sky sapphires for 2 mins of work. For Oranges I only cut reckless the +spellpower and haste they usually sell for around the same as the +30 sometimes a few gold cheaper. But anyone that has JC and doesnt pair it with a transmute spec alchemist is missing out. Hell I dont even bother prospecting anymore because the rare gems sell for crap and not worth cutting them. I only prospect when I run out of stuff for Icy Prisms and need green gems.

Yes you probably want to have someone giving you a demand for all those mats for a stable price that you can probably haggle up/down. Sometimes that person would be nice enough to give your information around giving you a stable business? It just depends on server's demand on those materials, pricing. Try to prevent selling in mass often. Sometimes it pushes prices down losing your profits also depending on demand >_< you want to range 2 - 9 stacks each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axis
    I was drunk off my head once, and decided, (as you do), to challenge God to a fight.
    At that moment, it started raining heavily.

I learnt my lesson.
    What is a monster? Someone frightening the mob? Someone playing god? Or someone too scared to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by danmart1
    I would not adivse two gathering prof on the same char. While the positives stated are accurate, the downside is significat
    You can only have one tracker up at a time. So while leveling and farming you will be able to see ore or herbs. This will reduce the efficiency greatly as your focus will have to be on one or the other. It's not impossible, just something I would caution against
    Either one of those combined with LW would be a decent idea, if you want 2 gathering profs.
    i have a druid with both of those. and its by far the best. u switch around with the trackings as u move along. i dont need to be afking and farm at the same time. i keep my eye on the screen and change tracking every 4-5seconds. easy as cake
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eleth/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronan/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arion/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogoball View Post
    Looking at a cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sarynn
    9.5k in 2 days from mining saronite, prospecting it, selling the blue gems, making jewelery from the green gems and the crystallized earth, having that junk DE'd and selling the resulting enchanting mats.
    This is pretty much what I do. I have two 80's, one with 450 Herb/Elixir spec Alch and the other with 450 Enchanting/Mining.
    I'll spend a day just farming WG for ore. I get all the saronite prospected by a buddy and have him turn the green gems+eternals into green necks/rings. Depending on the price of epic gems at the time I may or may not have him prospect the titanium, usually I make more selling it as ore. I DE all the greens and either sell the ench mats or make scrolls and sell those.
    As for the blue gems and remaining eternals, I send those to my Alch who uses them for daily epic gem transmutes.

This nets me tons of gold, like an easy 4-7k gold a day if I just farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Quote Originally Posted by danmart1
    I would not adivse two gathering prof on the same char. While the positives stated are accurate, the downside is significat
    You can only have one tracker up at a time. So while leveling and farming you will be able to see ore or herbs. This will reduce the efficiency greatly as your focus will have to be on one or the other. It's not impossible, just something I would caution against
    Either one of those combined with LW would be a decent idea, if you want 2 gathering profs.
    Absolutely untrue. It is trivial to switch between tracking herbs and mines, I even saw a script that would get this to happen automatically (but it's so simple to do manually that I didn't even bother to test it). Furthermore, since you're already flying around on a farming route, being able to pick up both herbs and mines is very valuable.