Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wrathful Shield for pally tank

Hey guys!

Atm, im rolling with Heroic Forlorn Barrier from ToGC and i've been wondering would Wrathful Gladiator's Shield Wall be an up for me. I dont know about the BQL Shield, but the arenashield seems to have a lot of EH.

Arena Shield: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51533

Heroic Forlorn Barrier: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47421

Blood Queen-Lanathel's shield: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50065

Share your comments please
    musicakalife.tumblr.com (<- my blog for metal and rock music)

Re: Wrathful Shield for pally tank

That's a lot of avoidance to lose for like 600hp.

Strange to see that it also has about 200 more flat armor. I suppose that couldn't hurt if you were stacking it.

You'll be loosing a lot of avoidance and block value if you go for it, while getting a small bit of health and tiny amount of extra armor.

Personally, I wouldn't go for it, in the end you'll be taking more damage, while being able to survive a tiny bit more damage

That would be a very situational shield at the loss of avoidance. Would probably only be good for sindragosa.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    That would be a very situational shield at the loss of avoidance. Would probably only be good for sindragosa.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge
    Strange to see that it also has about 200 more flat armor. I suppose that couldn't hurt if you were stacking it.
    This isn't strange, as the arena shield is ilvl 270, whereas the blood queen shield is 264, ToC shield 258

Really, if you want to get an arena piece, go weapon. Slow 1hander yields higher sustained threat but slighlty slower startup time. And I'd bet the 1hander has a ton of stam.
    Pondering returning.

the 1hander has a ton of stam.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51522
    AND a blue socket.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    Upgrade over forlorn barrier but sidegrade to Glacial Wall imo. If you can grab it, get it.
    Both of the PVE shields are almost idenitcal.

Both PVE shields are also better than the PvP 1, you loose too much Survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedh
    That would be a hell of a threat stick.
    Pondering returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedh
    Please notice that is the 2200 wrathful weapon, not the 1800.

True, but you shold set your goals high.
    Pondering returning.

True, but you shold set your goals high.
    Unless you are playing pret, you are hardly going to waste your first few thousand arena points in a tank threat weapon, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Unless you are playing pret, you are hardly going to waste your first few thousand arena points in a tank threat weapon, are you?
    well, if you are getting that high you are likely holy, and wont be getting that anyway, or pret, where that is a good investment. if you are ret and get there you are one of the few. And since you somehow got there it really doesnt matter what you grab, you are apparently good enough to not need the other stuff.
    Pondering returning.

well, if you are getting that high you are likely holy, and wont be getting that anyway, or pret, where that is a good investment. if you are ret and get there you are one of the few. And since you somehow got there it really doesnt matter what you grab, you are apparently good enough to not need the other stuff.

2200 is a joke if you know what you are doing and have a decent team. there are really few specs that will have issues to achiev it, but Holy, Retribution and Pret can easily get 2200 just playing few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss

2200 is a joke. the are really few specs that will have issues to achiev it, but Holy, Retribution and Pret can easily get 2200 just playing few hours.
    do i seriously need to quote arena rating last season everytime someone says ret can "easily" gt 2200?

4.6%

That is the % of teams with a ret paladin above 2200 last season in 3s. Pret had more than 5%. Holy had something like 26%.
    Pondering returning.

do i seriously need to quote arena rating last season everytime someone says ret can "easily" gt 2200?

4.6%

That is the % of teams with a ret paladin above 2200 last season in 3s. Pret had more than 5%. Holy had something like 26%.
    Disc/ret/marks. Representation WILL go up.

4.6%

And you really shouldn't care about %'s. Actually, I dare to say that ret/rogue/disc or ret/mm/disc are amazing teams if you are just aiming for 2200. With this comp you should not lose for low ranked teams (bad teams will not be able to survive your burst and you have BoP/bubble if anything goes terribly wrong), and still have good chances with high ranked teams. It might not be a ideal comp for glad, but a 2200 hardly grants a Duelist tittle nowdays.

I mean, your paladin only played 123 ranked arenas at the level 80, and 68 were twos (useless, considering a t2 weapon). I can understand when someone experiencied complains about their class, but you really didn't give ret arena a real chance yet. If you actually having issues to break the 2200 limit (a.k.a 2100's for a long time), I would understand your anger, but you only played 50 3s matches.
    Find a good disc priest and possibly a rogue. You are going to see how amazing this comp works, insane burst, decent control with blinds/fear/rep and your disc priest can (and need) to play very offensively with your ret suport (trinketfreedoms/sac/HoP)

just because i dont play at 80 doesnt mean i dont follow. jesus, im getting tired of that amazing comeback. Statistics. Statistics never lie.
    Pondering returning.