Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Can't decide between Warlock and Mage! =[

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana
    I played mage in TBC, and altough I liked it got quite boring spamming the same spells over and over again.
    You obviously didn't play Warlock in TBC. One button ftl.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mc27
    You obviously didn't play Warlock in TBC. One button ftl.
    This comment is so fail.
    Affliction was awesome in TBC and it didn't include spamming a single button.
    Problem is that top geared Warlocks could top some meters while spamming Shadowbolt only, but for most people this didn't work.

Anyway ontopic; I'd choose a Warlock because they are far more interesting to play. I played a Mage in vanilla, Warlock in TBC and am now playing a Hunter.
    Warlocks have become quite weak compared to what they once were but they're still very charming to play.
    What is worth fighting for?

go mage

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow
    This comment is so fail.
    Affliction was awesome in TBC and it didn't include spamming a single button.
    Problem is that top geared Warlocks could top some meters while spamming Shadowbolt only, but for most people this didn't work.

Anyway ontopic; I'd choose a Warlock because they are far more interesting to play. I played a Mage in vanilla, Warlock in TBC and am now playing a Hunter.
    Warlocks have become quite weak compared to what they once were but they're still very charming to play.
    This is true. While destro was primarily an SB canon, you still had to manage a curse and corruption. Also, destro was only viable in mid-high end raid gear, so that meant a lot of playing as affliction before you became a SB canon. Remember, gearing up in BC was about 1000xs harder then it is now.

And it's not like destro is much more complex now anyways. We have 5 spells to worry about instead of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzXK
    Mages are gay

Lock>Mage Any day, Any Fight, Any patch

However if you dont like dying to rogues all the time pick a mage but other than that theres no reason id play a mage
    Rogues aren't that bad as destro if u have ur succy out... just seduce while kidney shot... then the playing field is a lot more level...

Considering you are close to 80 with both alts, you should know by now, or continue using both.
    Once you got demonic circle you will chose the lock anyway because it is pure fun.
    srsly!

GO AFFLOCK... I mean amirite? PVE gets so boring after you've killed the same boss 7 weeks in a row... or at least my lack of interest keeps me from waking up every single day wanting to kill the same freaking dragon... But for PVE I run 0/13/58 Empowered Imp spec. I love it and I love that my lil imp's crits cause more dps. Plus it was recently buffed. I like seeing 16k crits and spamming a bunch of fire spells.

I never ever ever ran Demonology and I don't think I ever will. Meta is cool but a half-brained pally will be able to insta fear you. I know because I ran holy pally last season and i was glyphed for instant turn evils and it was funny to fear locks that quickly

Now, to the crunchy stuff, teh pvp!

Dude UA is soo badass! I mean, it requires way more keybindings because you manually use ur felpup to dispel curses and what not on teammates and on urself, you also manually spell lock your enemy healer/caster, and against melee heavy teams you pull up Big Purple and shield yourself for a couple of hits. Now, the nacho cheese topping is that when UA is dispelled, the dispeller takes a big hit and a silence on top of that. I was in a bg where the same priest kept dispelling UA on himself and the flag carrier.. lol he pretty much killed himself with two dispels critting him at 10k and silencing him for 4 secs. Dude, tell me that isnt solid. At least in the newb rankings of arena you will end matches quicker when healers dispel it. Afflick takes a bit to learn, you gotta keep your dot priority up but man o man just having Haunt that heals you for certain damage and corruption that also heals u and drain life that also heals... zomg sometimes i go into Eots and tank 3-4 allies alone and still be standing.. i love love love my lock!! five years playing this game and I finally found a toon that I am crazy about.

~Thizz

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa
    Had same problem. Lock 72, mage 73.

Now iam grinding gear to my affliction warlock so i can beat all warriors in bgs Go warlock, More funny mechanics than mage imo. And you will be god of fear.
    DOOOOOOHHH That's what I -hated- about being a Warrior. Any Shadow Damage....well and every other form of Magic honestly. lol...