Holy paladin confused by Rawr

I'm curious about the results Rawr gives me regarding potential upgrades. It seems like it values crit much higher than it should be, considering the consensus of the forums. My understanding from reading here and every other Holy Pally source I can find is that sp/haste/mp5 is the ideal itemization, even over the haste cap, but rawr refuses to agree with me. Instead it consistently picks sp/haste/crit items over the mp5 equivalents, and even occasionally sp/crit/mp5 items. I know this can't be right, but I don't want to throw out such a powerful tool either.

It's completely possible I just haven't found the right combination of rawr settings to reflect our throughput/longevity ideals, or maybe it has more to do with how Rawr goes about making its calculations, either way I'm stumped.

As it stands, I really have much more crit, and much less mp5 than I'd like, but Rawr keeps telling me MOAR...

my armory : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sera&cn=Rallat (i hope i don't still have fishing gear on...)

So, my question is, is there a better calculator, or a better way to configure rawr for our needs?

edit : lol, wrong link for armory

Re: Holy paladin confused by Rawr

I suppose that Rawr considers holy light-pala being the way too and thus weights stats after that, in which case crit is quite important to get mana returns on crits, and int+crit gives you the longevity you need to remain casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkompetent
    I suppose that Rawr considers holy light-pala being the way too and thus weights stats after that, in which case crit is quite important to get mana returns on crits, and int+crit gives you the longevity you need to remain casting.
    Mp5>crit for a HL spec. If youd done some research youd know.

@OP:Rawr isnt quite so great from experience with healers, more dps. SP/Haste/mp5 is ideal itemization, regardless of what rawr tells you.
    I am also a bit confused why you read on the forums 1 thing, rawr another, and listened to rawr, instead of 19629867289701 other holy pallies say ???
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    I am also a bit confused why you read on the forums 1 thing, rawr another, and listened to rawr, instead of 19629867289701 other holy pallies say ???
    Ideally, they would say the same thing. What I'm asking is, is there a way we can configure rawr, or maybe another calculator even that would more accurately rate our gear?

Perhaps you haven't told Rawr what your looking for in items.

Could you tell us what your options are set to?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    Could you tell us what your options are set to?
    I've tried playing with 'em, but from what I can tell the recommended settings from EJ come the closest to appropriately valuing mp5/haste. Even then, haste/crit still barely edges it out in all cases of equal item level options. If I stretch the fight length out to 10 minutes+ and set DP usage to 3+ minutes I can start seeing the value of mp5 rise, but the value of crit rises along with it, leading to crit/mp5 preference....

EJ's holy pally compendium recommended settings :
    Burst Scale: 35% Activity: 90%
    Holy Shock: 10% FoL: 10% Holy Light 90%
    Sacred Shield uptime: 1000% Fight Length - 5 minutes GHL targets: 1
    Maintain Judgement and maintain JotP are checked
    Mana Potion: 0 LoH is not used on self
    Divine Plea: 2 minute cooldown Replenishment uptime: 95%
    Beacon of Light up-time: 100% Effectiveness (of BoL): 35%