Poll: Which Zelda game is the best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Zelda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Zelda

Quote Originally Posted by Baaadum
    Why does it have to be a time line? Am I missing a memo from Nintendo...? I just view Legend of Zelda like the FF series... unless some how those are all interrelated. ???

But to answer your question, from what I've heard, the time line is supposed to split into separate branches after OOT. Saw this video on youtube a couple years ago that tried to connect them all together, but I can't find it :-\
    I have read an interview with Myiamoto that they have a story how every game is connected. I can't say I bellive it but maybe. And I'll hope we will get an aswer for how it all goes together, because that would be epic. Sooooo confusing.
    Happy troll since 2005

I voted for A Link To The Past but seriously, there's a whole load of Zelda games missing from that list, including all the Gameboy ones.

As much as I enjoyed OoT, I found Majora's Mask to be the better game thanks to all the new gameplay dimensions they added to it. Likewise, Wind Waker was a breath of fresh air with the seafaring, cell shading and lightness of tone.

I haven't played the gameboy games, though I love using the stylus to play the DS games. I especially enjoyed the parts where you got to control the phantom in addition to Link, and hope that the next game expands on the concept.

Though Twilight Princess was fun to play, I found it rather disappointing because I saw so much unused potential. Compared to the games before it, it felt very safe, with few gameplay innovations. I guess after using the racial masks in Majora's Mask, wolf form felt very lacking.

where is zelda: the minish cap???
    that is my favourite tho

1. Ocarina of Time
    2. A Link to the Past
    3. The Wind Waker
    4. Twilight Princess
    5. Majora's Mask

I had to actually think on what order I would put my top 5. None of these differentiate by much for me. I'm a hardcore Zelda fan, <3 them all.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

1. Ocarina of Time
    2. A Link ot the Past
    3. Legend of Zelda

The games I didn't like and why (left out the ones I haven't played)

Wind Waker- The actual game istelf is WAY too short, and the Cell Shading got old FAST. Storyline is bland at best. Traveling a very big world in a boat that takes FOREVER to get anywhere is not my idea of a good time.

Majora's Mask- Pushed out to capitalize on the success of Ocarina of time. The Storyline is confusing, and the gimmick time constraint is just pointless.

Twilight Princess- Storyline is horrible. Characters are boring at best. Gimmick controls handle badly. The "Twilight" part is right, all the emo characters remind me of a bad movie about glittery vampires.

Link's Awakening. :x
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66