Page 1 of 2
LastLast

every ret in world w/ shadows edge?

Ok well I have had my shadows edge since the day it was attainable, spending 50k of my hard earned gold to buy it.

Now I go on this "rate the ret pally above you" discussion and Every single ret pally has this axe!

Does everyone out there really have 50k sitting around or are they all so desperate and buy gold or something how is this possible.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: every ret in world w/ shadows edge?

-alts farming Frost emblem ftw
    -playing ah = 12k per weeks (one hour a day max)

the fact that i dont have one is not because im lazy or lack the skill.. Only because pugging icc25 is something out of my sight

every plate dps has it in general. all you need is gold. And gold is easier to make than heroics are.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I heard some guild actually donate materials to their long time players/ good players/ players that deserve it/ players that got lucky on the quest item before everyone else.

Also the fact you can buy the saronite with emblems makes it easier to gather, a warrior in the forums said his guild had gathered 75 Primordial Saronite before Plague works was opened, while he himself alone with alts had the 25 he needed.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

imagine how many more you'd see if 10 man dropped saronite.
    Pondering returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Marrowgar
    You've got to be joking.
    Actually it sounds like he's pretty casual about playing the AH. There are people who make 12k a day doing nothing but play the AH.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

12k a week on ah is a rather small amount. If he can make that much i'm sure he could pull 30k a week if he cared enough to try to. i pull about 10-20k a week putting in about the same amount of time (1 hour/day).
    Pondering returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Marrowgar
    Well, you shouldn't have to be a damn economist to get enough gold.

Thank god I don't have to care about gold though.
    You don't need to take a 3 credit accounting or economic class to play the AH, you only need to have half a brain and know that item you bought is awfully underpriced and can be sold back for way more with enough time.

You can also make a ton of money just putting all your items together and deciding to sell, I had been gathering gold since BC to buy my mount, and it was in January I finally arranged all my items and managed to gain more than 13k gold in one day, simply by selling stuff I wasn't going to use anyway.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

....well shadow's edge is worth it if you are in the running to get the shards needed it for it....Personally I'm just going to either get the 271 sword from LK or the 277 version of Bryntroll then worry about shadow's edge
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

i think i paid for 2-4ish of the saronites all the rest were donated by the gbank =P and yes ill be getting SM as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mannic
    i think i paid for 2-4ish of the saronites all the rest were donated by the gbank =P and yes ill be getting SM as well
    i'll get the third. /sigh. just in time for catty...
    Pondering returning.

15+ Year Old Account

il add im at my 17th Saronite (5 used, 12 sold)
    too lazy to do the weekly quest on my alts too, so i could have more if i wanted :P

Let's see, 28 days from opening icc until plagueworks.

2 frost emblems per daily x 7 days a week = 14
    5 frost emblems per weekly x 1 week = 5
    8 frost emblems per icc clear (thru saurfang) 10 man x 1 week = 8
    12 frost emblems per icc clear (thru saurfang) 25 man x 1 week = 12
    Weekly Total = 39
    Weekly Total x 4 weeks (28 days) = 156 frost emblems
    156 frost emblems / 23 frost (cost of primordial saronite) = 6.78 primordial saronite possible pre-plagueworks

25 primordial saronite / 6.78 possible per character per 28 day period = 3.68 characters doing every daily, every weekly and clearing icc in both 10 and 25 man.

Or 2.5k gold per primordial saronite (on my server anyways) x 25 = 62500 g

Or a mix of the two

....possible....

but highly unlikely in the case of 99.5 % of the population (guesstimate, but I'd say more like 99.9%)

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    gah.. my guild pfails so much we cant manage to kill nor rotgut nor fetsterface in icc25..
    :sadface:
    you can always buy the blood. my guild sold it for 30k.
    Pondering returning.

Our alt run sold the bloods this week for 10k. I was blown away that anyone would spend so much on this weapon. Even if you farmed the Saronite yourself, it's still lost gold as opposed to selling it. With the 10k, the weapon had to of easily cost the guy 65-75k. Which is crazy.

And there's no way more than maybe 5% of them will ever be turned into legendaries. What the hell is wrong with people?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Our alt run sold the bloods this week for 10k. I was blown away that anyone would spend so much on this weapon. Even if you farmed the Saronite yourself, it's still lost gold as opposed to selling it. With the 10k, the weapon had to of easily cost the guy 65-75k. Which is crazy.

And there's no way more than maybe 5% of them will ever be turned into legendaries. What the hell is wrong with people?
    because for people buying the blood, that is there BiS weapon.
    Pondering returning.

Personally I wasn't planning on getting the weapon since it is a waste of money.
    However I got voted to get the guild's Shadowmourne so I had to go grab myself 25 saronites, I only had 10k gold.

At first I got a donation of my old arena partner who quit a few weeks before s6 ended, this donation was 28.000 gold.
    Then a Priest guildie gave me 5 Saronites for free, got one from another priest, a Death Knight and I got one from my alt.

So the remaining 17 I bought with gold (33.900).

And that is my story of how my life went upside down.

Not a Paladin... but my guild decided since I was getting the first Shadowmourne that they would just give me the Primordial Saronite the week Plagueworks came out.

Also, every person in my guild who is getting a Shadow's Edge had 15-20 Saronite supplied by the bank.

Deleted

Getting Heroic Bryntroll as soon as it drops.

Just saved myself 50.000 gold or 500 emblems

If I am 2nd in line for shadowmourne (which havent been decided yet), I will be swimming in badges at that point, and making an SE will be no problem.

Why is no one mentioning what shadow's edge actually is? It's the prelude of a legendary weapon, which should be the best one ingame.