Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: are paladins fun to play as?

Quote Originally Posted by coehld
    you do realize this is what they have been called ever since the 3.0 patch, get over it, they made a crappy dps spec viable all the while making it simplistic. Might as well call it this :

Flavor of the Wrath of the Lich King

FOTWOTLK : this is what i will call them from now just because you got killed by one in pvp once.
    Its a phrase, like saying that Sportscar is the "Flavor of the Month", I am not changing a phrase thats been around longer than WoW for WoW.

Also, don't edit my post in quotes for your needs.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Static
    Paladin is the easiest class to play with, and facerolling at it's finest.
    Oh, and think again when saying Enhancement Shamans and Feral Druids got an easy rotation.
    Now try to change facerelling and try one of those two classes, and then let me know if they have easy rotations or not.
    " Now either he's going to reply: Yes I have an Enhance shaman and feral and they're easy blablabla, lying ofcourse, or he's going to be stubborn and and start flaming like a kid".
    Loladins...
    On topic: They are fun ofcourse, due to how easy the class and able to fulfill his role with ease, not to mention certain immunities.

To your first statement: Arcane mage.
    To your second statement: Nope, but never said it was hard. A good raider wont be limited by a hard rotation anyway.
    To your third statement: CBA to reroll just to boost your ego.
    To your fourth statement: No, I don't. But my guildy very much disagrees with you.

You were saying?

10+ Year Old Account

if you think they have the most faceroll rotation then you have obviously never played a arcane mage, mut rogue or destro lock, or ele shaman cause i promise you their rotations are muuuuuuuuuuch more facroll than a retadins
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame

To your first statement: Arcane mage
    Actually about that. One of the officers in my guild, who plays a prot warrior made fun of arcane mages and that they are so easy and only use 2 buttons. Then a few days ago she made an alt raid to ToC and joined on her alt mage (5k GS or so), of course arcane, and managed to only do 1500-2000 DPS in every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ita
    Actually about that. One of the officers in my guild, who plays a prot warrior made fun of arcane mages and that they are so easy and only use 2 buttons. Then a few days ago she made an alt raid to ToC and joined on her alt mage (5k GS or so), of course arcane, and managed to only do 1500-2000 DPS in every fight.
    So your officer fails at playing a 2 button spec. What exactly is your point?

Deleted

Screenshot or it didn't happen.

Also, here's the arcane rotation for reference: Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, if buff is up, missiles, if it isn't, barrage. Rinse and repeat.

Arcane mages are ridiculously easy...
    80 Warlock, 80 Warrior, 80 Deathknight, 73 Paladin(Most boring class ever), and 70 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by teirst
    if you want to dps don't roll a paladin

if you want to be able to play around and do different thing (dps/tank/heal) they are ok.
    Agree with this one. Ands yes, they're fun if you like to cover all three roles or at least a couple of 'em.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Donmc
    So your officer fails at playing a 2 button spec. What exactly is your point?
    Most people who say this or that is easy and faceroll have never tried it and would probably fail horribly if they did. It's just self boosting and trying to look better or more skilled while bashing some specc in being easy.

Not trying to bash that guy's guild leader, but my 70 mage tends to pull 1500 dps
    80 Warlock, 80 Warrior, 80 Deathknight, 73 Paladin(Most boring class ever), and 70 Mage

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lightleonheart
    given that you can basically use whatever offensive ability you want in (almost) whatever order without any repercusion. Basically, ret is defined as a class that has to press buttons as they come out of cooldown.
    that explain why i see some paladin in the same/better gear then me doing 2k under me, because they cant follow the priority system

And for those saying rets use abilities as they come off of cooldown, that's how it works when your rotation is a priority system. Ask any dps warrior or hunter what their rotation is and you'll get: We use A, B and C in that order of importance. Never use B ahead of A or C ahead of B and we only use D if XY procs. Go ahead, ask them.

Most people who say this or that is easy and faceroll have never tried it and would probably fail horribly if they did. It's just self boosting and trying to look better or more skilled while bashing some specc in being easy.
    Well, i actually do play and tell me i'm wrong when i say arcane is a 2 button spec. Once in a blue moon you might hit arcane barrage if you have to move, but that's it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    Screenshot or it didn't happen.

Also, here's the arcane rotation for reference: Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, Arcane Blast, if buff is up, missiles, if it isn't, barrage. Rinse and repeat.
    I wish I made one, believe it or not, we wiped maybe 12-13 times(yes, in normal toc10), we also had a ret paladin doing 1200 DPS.

Also it's pretty easy, it's true. It's more like spam arcane blast, if missile barrage proccs use arcane missiles. Even if no arcane blast debuffs are up. If you have tó move, use arcane barrage. The only "hard" part is managing the cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account

That really depends on the type of play style that suits you. For me, they are the best class to play as, simply because they have a lot of tools
    to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightleonheart
    Overall Paladin's aren't really that hard to play. Out of the 3 specs available to them, the easiest one to play as is definitively Retribution, given that you can basically use whatever offensive ability you want in (almost) whatever order without any repercusion. Basically, ret is defined as a class that has to press buttons as they come out of cooldown.
    This is totally wrong. The easiest spec to play as a paladin is prot. Second, if u gave the same ret paladin in the hands of the guy that will do what this poster said, and a guy who actually knows how to play a ret paly, you will see a substantial difference in dps.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

1. You do realize that you need to buff 10 classes separately + when someone dies. It's actually the greatest challenge when playing a paladin as so many fail at it.
    Pally power. It really annoys me when I join pugs and pallies don't have it by now. It makes everything so much easier.

Pallies are fun to play but they will be everywhere. It will be harder to find a pug and even if you do be prepared to have another 3-4, sometimes more, pallies in there with you at all times. So you can lower you're chances of ever getting anything out of voa unless you go with your guild or you're one of the people that create a 25man voa and don't invite any of your own class.

If you're playing for pvp then you will never have a problem finding an arena team because so many in all brackets use pallies as long as you know what you're doing.

Main thing you want to ask yourself is are you prepared to put up with the time it will take you and the competition you will have to gear him up at 80? If not pick something else.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Paladins are rather fun, that and exorcising any unfortunate critter that happens to wonder past >=]

I played one for almost 4yrs, and enjoyed it, though I then went to Hunter/Warrior for dps, as the Pala is Holy(cept for lv60 dps when I was ret to get my Knight LT rank >.>)

I have an 80 pala and have exp with all 3 spec, imo pala feels like "WoW for Dummies" almost like everything is handed to you on a plate... i hate what they did to palas in 3.0, i get no enjoyment playing pala anymore, the skillcap is almost non existant. Now im not saying a good pala wont shine among noob palas, but he wont shine as much as a good rogue shines among bad rogues if you know what im saying.

I would reccomend not to roll Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzan
    Main thing you want to ask yourself is are you prepared to put up with the time it will take you and the competition you will have to gear him up at 80? If not pick something else.
    This is also miss guided. Everything depends on the server you are on, and if paladins are overpopulated there. For instance Holy is the easiest of all spec to gear up simply because your plate spell power items are useless to anyone else, and ret paly gear is different from warr and dk gear, so you wont have problems with them
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

That also applies to Destruction warlocks and Elemental Shamans. Your rotation will abit change when the haste changes aswell.
    For example: A Destruction warlock, with, let's say 500 haste, will do his maximum to squeeze few incinerates untill Chaos bolt is up, while the other Desto warlock, who happened to have 800 Haste can put more incinerates than the first warlock, resulting in a little difference in the rotation.

But no, those Paladins think they have more complex rotation than the other mentioned classes and call them " Facerollers ".
    It's something that makes you laugh and also feel sad for them at the same time :-\
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by teirst
    if you want to dps don't roll a paladin

their dps is low compared to other classes when looked at on a similar gear/skill level

if you want to be able to play around and do different thing (dps/tank/heal) they are ok.

if you want strong melee dps go warrior/rogue
    Roll a druid then, its challenging (fun). Its dps is high compared to other classes. Hell you can even go ranged dps if you want.

And imo druidhealers are the best and fun healers available (at least of what i played with, have only healed on druid discpriest and resto shaman)

Tanking is pretty bad (just compaired to warriors), but you can easily tank heroics in catspec/gear. And you have a lot less buttons to press so i guess its easier aswell.