Haste :D (for Holy)

What's a good unbuffed haste amount?

for a holy priest

thanks

edit: just realised how stupid this question is lol.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Haste :D

You ask that without telling us what your spec is? There are like 5 possible specs this question could be aimed at. I know that two of the specs mentioned are on the front page and the rest can be found with the Search function.

11-14% unbuffed as Holy is a baseline. That's 360-460. After that you should start looking at what you cast and what the benefit would be. For 232 gear you should be at a minimum of 450 really. T10 favors Haste quite a bit, so if you're working into T10 content look for 700+ before being content that you have enough.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    11-14% unbuffed as Holy is a baseline. That's 360-460. After that you should start looking at what you cast and what the benefit would be. For 232 gear you should be at a minimum of 450 really. T10 favors Haste quite a bit, so if you're working into T10 content look for 700+ before being content that you have enough.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...alls&cn=kaerin

might halp

edit: hasn't updated, got t10 helm + shoulders and http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/51379/bloodsoul-raiment/ with 3 12 sp 10 haste gems.

at 606 unbuffed

Interesting mix of gear, with some weird choices. Helm/Shoulders of healing T10 are two of the worst pieces, with Legs/Gloves being the best. Try moving away from the SP/Int gemming in favor of SP/Haste in yellow and straight SP in red. Definitely move away from Int/Spi in blues as well. SP/Spi would be preferable. Should pop you up another 60 or so haste without any hassle. Try to steer away from Spi/Crit gear in favor of Haste/Crit, while taking Spi/Haste to reach your Spirit goals. You can't always manage it, but it helps a lot in the long run in reaching your basic stat needs.

Interesting mix of gear, with some weird choices. Helm/Shoulders of healing T10 are two of the worst pieces, with Legs/Gloves being the best. Try moving away from the SP/Int gemming in favor of SP/Haste in yellow and straight SP in red. Definitely move away from Int/Spi in blues as well. SP/Spi would be preferable. Should pop you up another 60 or so haste without any hassle. Try to steer away from Spi/Crit gear in favor of Haste/Crit, while taking Spi/Haste to reach your Spirit goals. You can't always manage it, but it helps a lot in the long run in reaching your basic stat needs.

INT is the best regen, so i pref 10 int 10 spirit gems. Currently putting in the 12 sp 10 haste in my new items, and there's nothing wrong with the shoulders/helm, the small amount of getting the gloves/legs will not make up for the loss of 20% PoM. i'm at 700 haste now.

The point is that you're at a gear level that you don't need to be gemming for regen. The other point is not that you should have gotten rid of 2pT9 immediately, but that you should have got legs/gloves instead of helm/shoulders. Spi/Crit is the worst stat allocation you can get as Holy. Spi/Haste > Haste/Crit > Crit/Spi. The best two pieces of T10 are Legs/Gloves. T9 to T10 is a straight upgrade with all slots having the same stat allocation, so upgrading the best pieces first is the priority.

The point is that you're at a gear level that you don't need to be gemming for regen. The other point is not that you should have gotten rid of 2pT9 immediately, but that you should have got legs/gloves instead of helm/shoulders. Spi/Crit is the worst stat allocation you can get as Holy. Spi/Haste > Haste/Crit > Crit/Spi. The best two pieces of T10 are Legs/Gloves. T9 to T10 is a straight upgrade with all slots having the same stat allocation, so upgrading the best pieces first is the priority.
    idgaf i upgraded helm + shoulders already, the loss of stats is made up by the 20% PoM tyvm

I have about 950 haste unbuffed.
    Alot of top priests just stack haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaerin
    idgaf i upgraded helm + shoulders already, the loss of stats is made up by the 20% PoM tyvm
    Well aren't you a fun one. Let me try to clear it up one more time, though with how rude you are towards any criticism I doubt it will help: If you care about the 2pT9 bonus the best pieces to keep are the Shoulders and Helm because there are easy to obtain Haste/Crit and Haste/Spirit chest pieces (like the one you have) and because T10 Gloves and Legs are Spi/Haste. Upgrading Shoulders/Helm gives you a straight buff to two pieces using poor stat allocation in Crit/Spi, while upgrading Legs/Gloves gives you an increase to the best stat allocation. You wanted to know how you could improve your haste and about optimal gearing. If you can't accept that then it's your problem.

15+ Year Old Account

When your FH cast is faster than your GCD you know your there.

Thats unreachable so shoot for 500-600, dont go below 500 though and it doesnt hurt to have even more if you like a quick reaction time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fryr
    When your FH cast is faster than your GCD you know your there.

Thats unreachable so shoot for 500-600, dont go below 500 though and it doesnt hurt to have even more if you like a quick reaction time.
    It's actually only 1,268, which is possible with Haste gems in 264 gear.

Re: Haste :D (for Holy)

Ok, dude harky man... I've been trying to follow everything you say, but either it's really early and my reading comprehension fails or your talking out of both sides of your mouth! 8 (

Harky - "@ Emokisse: There are very few times when gemming Haste is worthwhile. Even then you would never use pure haste gems. SP is a superior throughput stat and Int is the best regen stat in the game. General rule of thumb for Holy is to gem for Int until you hit 30k mana unbuffed. That is: SP/Int in red, Int in yellow and Int/Spirit in blue, unless the socket bonus sucks, then you put Int in regardless of color."

That's a quote from how long ago? Please keep up with how gearing changes between content patches, tier levels and other issues. In T9 the relation between gear levels and incoming damage was such that gemming for regen was superior. In T10 that is not the case. Also specific item setups have changed substantially so your balance of gear has shifted as well. T9->T10 has been a shift from regen to throughput as well as a large static SP gain, increasing Haste priority. The shift has been taking place mostly over the last month, to a month and a half as badge and gear acquisition has increased. The main issue here is that the old 30k aiming point for unbuffed mana isn't the case anymore. It's down around 26-27k now, which doesn't require gemming.

Lol, I respect you and what you have to say but now I feel like I'm getting the run around. I'm told to look up info that was previously posted so people don't have to re-repeat themselves... Now I'm being told to stay current with the info...

The quote you made was: Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 10:08:22 pm.

So, I guess I just didn't expect our gearing to have changed that drastically in 1 month. Either way, I'm still only at 25.2k with full int gems so it prolly still applies to me seeing as I'm just now starting plagueworks with my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy
    Lol, I respect you and what you have to say but now I feel like I'm getting the run around. I'm told to look up info that was previously posted so people don't have to re-repeat themselves... Now I'm being told to stay current with the info...

The quote you made was: Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 10:08:22 pm.

So, I guess I just didn't expect our gearing to have changed that drastically in 1 month. Either way, I'm still only at 25.2k with full int gems so it prolly still applies to me seeing as I'm just now starting plagueworks with my guild.
    I think what's missing with that quote is context so I'll take a shot at guessing what the context is since I don't know the thread. If you still need regen, you should be gemming Intellect because it is the best regen stat. If you don't need regen, then you can gem Haste to match yellow sockets instead of Intellect. However, where pure Intellect in yellow sockets makes sense, since it's the best regen stat, pure Haste generally doesn't make sense because SP is generally a better throughput stat. Hence, if you're going to gem Haste, you'll generally gem SP/Haste to match a yellow socket but only if the regen from SP/Int isn't needed. Personally, I value Haste a bit more than he does, but that's neither here nor there.

The context was someone literally asking what was best to gem for at the time, that time was a month ago from tomorrow. So, I assumed since nothing major has changed people were still doing ICC then that it wasn't that big of a stretch from now... Apparently I was wrong.

Valuing SP over haste is kind of a grey area. At some point, more SP will just lead to more overheal and it will be wasted. I sit around 4200SP raid buffed now and have seen my overheal amount inch higher and higher as I was gearing up. Thats why I switch to pure haste gems in some places.

As for mana pool, I question harky's advice. I sit around 24.8k mana completely unbuffed and I hardly have any mana problems. If you don't have a fear of ever running out of mana in a healing intensive fight, you have too much that would be better served for throughput.

No such thing as too much haste.
    I have 950 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Waddy
    Replying like this is exactly what you should do. If you hear conflicting information you bring it up and say, "Hey, this is conflicting." Then you can get it clarified. Sometimes things just don't change and people ask the same question day after day, three times an hour. For this situation in particular: Remember that ICC is a gated instance. Gear was very, very slow at first, speeding up exponentially as more wings opened, followed by the new boss in Vault, etc. A lot has changed in a month. This is just one of those things. At that time Int really was still needed on gear and was working, now that we've seen all the fights we know better what priorities should be. It's unlikely that my view on pure Haste gemming will ever change (don't do it unless under 11%, etc), but my view on Haste vs Int certainly has.

Either way, there's a big difference between posting something that's been talked about to death (Omg, like, should Disc get haste gear!?) and asking about stuff that you're getting conflicting information from, especially if it's conflicting information from the same source. Asking the same dumb questions all the time is stupid and repetitive and could be answered by checking a sticky for 5 minutes. Asking a good question is... well... good?

@Waddy / Maxpower: You're both around 25k, which is lower than what I suggested, but keep in mind that it can depend a lot on group composition as to what amount of mana you need is. If for instance you run with an abnormal amount of Resto Shaman you can tend to get away with even lower mana pools, while if you run with a disproportionately low number of Replenishment buffs you might need more. 26-27k was just a loose suggestion, as opposed to 30k which was oft recommended for T9 content.