Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Positive PuG Experiences - Who made you smile lately?

I had many pugs that I smiled at, but mostly at the jokes that people make. And the players who pull like fucking crazy and say "Muwahahaha"

But the only time I ever nerd raged (1 time) was in a kara pug in Dalvengyr US server. We were stuck on maiden (3rd boss). Wiped like 10 times before getting it down and I was so happy just to kill something that is so hard to down.

PS. Dalvengyr stinks !!!

Last week in random heroic UK everyone in the group was over 6100 GS except the tank who was at 4300 GS. We would tear threat off him like nothing but as soon as the mobs targeted us they were dead. By the end the tank was just talking in party and fooling around. Had some good laughs and a really really fast run, we ended up doing 3 more heroics just as quick then went our seperate ways
    "By blood and honor we serve" Gilon Sunfire

Did icc25 with a rl friend of mine once. People were complaining because his gearscore was 500 below the average in the raid (in before OMG GS flame). Anyways, My friend then did 4-6k dps LESS than the second lowest dps in the raid, yet he won 5 items from the first 4 bosses. Really made my day to see all the QQ x]

Quote Originally Posted by tarkoll
    the greatest thing I've had happen to me was in a pug there was a warrior named mankirk. so i asked(being a smart ass and all) "Hey, Mankirk. Were exactly is your wife?"
    and he /cried then shared the quest Lost in Battle i nearly died laughing and could hardly dps i think i pulled a muscle laughing which is possible and it does hurt. it still makes me laugh when i think about it ;D
    That's gold.

Firstly, to the warlock, who showed up to my first guilds first ever 25 naxx run, wielding a Red Sword of Courage, and no off hand. It was a terrible run, and a few weeks later the guild fell apart. Who knows where you went, or what you did, but a year later you joined the same guild as me again, and now, you are the second best warlock on the whole server.

Secondly, a tribute post to the pug DK tank we pulled in for Sindragosa - Clueless to what the hell was going on, we simply told you to dps in blood presence on the ground phase, hide behind the ice blocks on the air phase, and in phase 3, taunt sindragosa when our MT told you to, and stand behind the ice blocks when you weren't tanking.

Plans went awry, and on 3% all the healers got iceblocked, the rest of the raid dying when sindra had 2% hp left. You valiantly chained your cooldowns and lived for a good minute before the debuff finally killed you. While the raid was trying to walk back in from the wipe, you were singing "I WILL SURVIVE", giving us a good laugh. When you did die, you actually believed it was your fault: "Sh*t, sorry guys, I forgot to change to frost presence. Really sorry for the wipe." I'd like to believe if you were in frost presence you would've killed the boss on your own.

*Addition: I remember my first ever H Oculus, on my pally tank. The group coached me through the first 2 bosses (2nd boss, I knew stand in fire was bad, BUT THIS WAS BLANKET LIGHTNING IN THE SKY, IT'S DIFFERENT!). We reached the 3rd boss, and the group told me to kite him backwards or I'd die in the frost. This I did... But I kited him the wrong way, right into the group. They all died, and I was left to solo the boss. I yelled a quick 'RUN BACK IN!' (You could, back then) and proceeded to do 4 laps around the ring, healing myself when he flew into the middle. The healer and a hunter flew back in and died again, before I finally killed the boss. We had a good laugh, and after I'd gotten over my dizziness, went on to one shot the last boss.

Last weeks AN pug,
    a ret pally warned us: "your going to laugh when you see my gear"
    all greens and blues and some heirlooms.
    And we actually did laugh about it instead of flaming him, we blazed through it without any problem.

It's not huge but it's things like this that make my day.

Reading through this thread I see lot's of, "I hate it when no-one says anything" comments. And realised I do that to most of the time... :-[
    It's not like it's hard to atleast say hello and goodbye, I'll try to better my life from now on :P

Also, +100 internetz for the OP, we need more positive and less negative
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

The two other mages I was in a pug with, all focus magicing one another, all popping cd's at the same time and each pulling over 14k dps with a shammy heroism on sjonnir the ironshaper, he was down before he'd hit the tank once. 9 second kill.

Best random ever we had a tank that had macros set to go as soon as we all zoned in. They were along the lines of "You have 30 seconds to get ready, then I will not stop pulling unless the healer goes oom or someone dies" We finished Gundrak in less than 10 min, and the tank didn't even stop pulling when we got to a boss, dragging said bosses into the rooms of trash after them

I love you Mr. Rankwatchspam for everything that you do. Thank you for letting me know that my resurrect and thorns spells aren't the highest level that they could be! Also thank you for filling my chat window with useless information when a single line tell would be adequate.
    My 80s
    Ret/Prot Paladin
    Afflic Warlock
    Mut Rogue
    Enhance Shaman
    Prot Warrior
    Unholy Death Knight

the hunter who forgat to refill his quiver...
    he made me feel superior that day
    i like to feel superior

I got into AN normal mode on my alt SPriest (lvl 73 now) and when I inspected the tank (which I make a habit of now) he had defense rating on almost every piece of gear. I went up and did a /hug and announced to the group that he was the least fail tank I've had in days. Of course I looked at his spec and he had 62 points in the blood tree...but I'll let that slide. At least he wasn't getting crit non stop throughout the instance. Thank you random DK for not trying to tank with strength gems and 13 unspent talent points!!

Best thing ever was some chat in /p

I was healing in UP and the tank said BRB and was gone for about 30sec.. he came back
    Tank: ahhhh nothing like a fresh pair of boxers
    Mage: because having your dick plop around is sooooo great
    Tank: maybe, but it's better then having my ball shoved up my ass in Whity Tightys

I Lawl'd for the rest of the day..
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by darkfenix_rizen
    I love you Mr. Rankwatchspam for everything that you do. Thank you for letting me know that my resurrect and thorns spells aren't the highest level that they could be! Also thank you for filling my chat window with useless information when a single line tell would be adequate.
    You are quite welcome.After all you've deserved those lines.

Halls of Reflection from a Random.
    Popped up and the usual reaction where a tank immediately bails.
    A surprsingly short wait for another who immediately admits this is their first day tanking.
    Fair enough, and neither myself or anyone else judged them on this.

During the entire instance there was a single death of a dps, who was battle-ressed, and we sucessfully pulled off the timed escape at the end.
    Some threat generation issues, largely due to me being an aggro magnet as I am, but I and others compliemented them for a far better run than I have had with many more experienced or geared tanks who obviously are not as good as they thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd like to thank a couple bright stars from my 2 and a bit years on this game

The hunter named "snipper" (as in "the snip") pushing those arrowmakers in the middle of 25man icehowl and had the time to type "Ignore the blue text guys. I'm totally full on ammo and stuff >.> <.<"

at around level 40 ish the rogue that was watching my back all through the chain SM runs when my thunderclap's failed me. He'd gouge blind vanish and cheap shot stuff all without me asking. he just did it...it was awesome

The tree druid during noblegarden who sat in his entire bunny set for the whole H UK. Not a single death and a cute druid to boot

All of the mages on the planet that get into a random heroic and the very VERY VERY!!!! 1st thing they do...is table. You're all gods of game /salute

I think thats it...might post again if I can recall anymore

i was on my mage alt who's fire spec

we were running DtK, the tank was suicidal, he decide to pull the entire hallway after king dred, which is normal for me....

except i aint on my moonkin

so i decide to do what most logical fire mage do

living bomb everything

i died got brez, proceed to Living Bomb again, died again.

we had a good laugh

"i can die, but i pull 14k dps!"
    "Mage can't tank...."
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

A great topic. ;D

I love groups where everyone is happy. Ones that, even IF you wipe, they don't care, they come back and do it again with more effort.

I love the groups with two of the same class, when one isn't doing the best, and the other gives advice. Not snarky, mean advice; I mean nice, kind advice. I love it when they take the advice greatly too. You can basically see their damage improving, their skill getting better.

I love groups that compliment other's skills. In ICC 25 the other week on my shaman, a mage from a good guild on my server commented on my healing, saying something along the lines of "Despite your average gear, you were doing great at healing. ^_^". From that point on, I always try to say something nice to my pugs.

I love when people are just plain nice. When they are sociable. When people actually have fun. It doesn't even matter if we burn through the instance in record time.

But I do like that too. The best group I could have... A really fast group, with people who talk, have fun, compliment each other, and try as hard as they can. Groups like these are really hard to come by.

Successful pug last night. We started off by doing hardmodes for the first wing, only wiped once on Saurfang. Proceeded to rush through the rest because of time restraints, and did Blood Queen Hard Mode, one shot of course. And finally finished off the night by killing Lich King.

I have two stories. One is for a 10m ICC raid pug, the other, for a random heroic.

-----------------------------------------------
    Caitala, Chromaggus, 60k bear tank-- H VH, random daily.

Thank you, awesome holy/ret pally, who went ret and healed the group with DIVINE STORM the whole way. Even the Etheral boss. Was one HECK of a fun run.

-----------------------------------------------
    A few months ago, my raiding guild disbanded due to some internal strife. My closest friends from that guild formed a new, non-raiding guild in order to simply keep in touch. One night, we saw someone LFM 10m ICC in trade, from a notoriously mediocre guild on our server. A few of us decided, what the heck, and joined the group.

This druid from trade turned out to be an INCREDIBLE raid leader, and, for some reason, or group had fantastic cohesion, with everyone chipping in with strats, call-outs, etc. We oneshot most bosses, except Putricide, including Blood Queen.

This druid and his friends, who made up a large part of the rest of the pug, did not raid regularly with this guild, and, untimately, we invited them to join ours. Within a few weeks, we became one of the top 10m guilds on the server, with 7/12 H 10m ICC encounters down. Who knew we would have found eachother due to random pugging!

Getting VH for the daily me tanking with having a resto shaman. The shaman had very good gear and said to me if he could go elemental. I told him that I didn't care that much as long we don't wipe. So he went elemental and had 5k dps + healed the group. He was the healer and did the most dps I really smiled how he did that