Quick Shadow Embrace Question

Does shadow embrace effect damage after it has been applied or only casting of dots?

For example, if you did sb>haunt>dots>sb again, would the dots change from 10% to 15% or only get the 15% when you recast ua/coa? I figure corruption soft resets, so that doesn't matter.

Also, this would apply to if your SE stacks fell off, should you recast your dots or get your stacks back up before? Obviously dots dpct is higher than sb, so if the stacks changed the tick dmg mid duration, i would cast dots first.

Please actually know what you're talking about, and no "i think it would work like this"

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Quick Shadow Embrace Question

Since I can't possibly word it right, im using your text:

if you did sb>haunt>dots>sb again, the dots change from 10% to 15%
    This is how it works.

R.I.P. YARG

I know the wording is a bitch lol :-/

Basically does the dot update the third stack mid duration? i guess that's a good way to put it.

Without recasting obviously. Dots not apply to corruption, only ua/coa

why dont you look arund the forum for about 2 min maybe?... or even better check out the stickys!

For sake of completion, the optimal start is (activate Life Tap glyph before combat starts) -> Shadow Bolt->Haunt->Corruption->Unstable Affliction->Curse of Agony and then stick to the priority list. Note that you should keep up the Glyph of Life Tap buff all the time, just consider it as another dot.
    This stays true with 3.32: Even with Shadow Embrace stacking to three it is more important to get your dots upon the target than applying the last stack of SE. Reason: The dot's damage updates immediately with the third stack, so you have to compare three dots being applied ~2s later (when you start with SB->SB->Haunt->dots) to 5% less dot damage within the first ~6s (when you start SB->Haunt->dots->SB). Applying all dots 2s later will cost you roughly at least one tick from CoA and Corruption and almost one tick from UA. For all of these spells, one tick does a lot more than 5% of their total damage, so even if SE would NOT update immediately, this would be the better choice. However keep in mind that this is highly theoretical. You won't really notice the difference in a 6-minute-fight.

I read these forums quite often but have not seen this exact clarification. Link?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtox
    I read these forums quite often but have not seen this exact clarification. Link?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-wa...ng-compendium/

Smack dab in the middle of the Affliction Raiding Guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.