Lich king 10 man

Hey, well lastnight we got up to lich king on 10 man and had a few attempts, but barely made it past phase1

Our set up was...
    Holy priest, Resto shammy, prot warrior, prot paladin, arms warrior, retri, UH dk, feral druid, arcane mage and a shadow priest

after phase 1 we came up of the idea of BL'ing straight away, while doing this we got into p2 before the second/third(can't remember) big add spawned, but doing so we was loosing 1 or 2 people each try, so i ask... For people who haeve done the encounter, how do you position yourselfs, lichking and the adds? I think our problem was to f ast dispells but might of been bad posistioning, cheers in advance for anything helpful you may reply with!

Deleted

Re: Lich king 10 man

We tanked the lich king quite close to the edge that " breaks " at the end of the transition phase, basically just outside the inner circle on the ground. About 15 yards away we had our DK deathgripping adds and turning them diagonally away from the melee/LK. From then on we just called who had the debuff, who then ran to the add to transfer the debuff. To begin with we used heroism in p1 which seemed to work, but after perfecting p1 we had no problem saving heroism for p3.

Dunno if I missed anything?

PS: Setup we used was - Prot warrior, DK tank, Combat rogue, Ret Pala, MM hunter, Resto Druid, Holy pala, Disc priest, arcane mage, Elemental shammy.

Basically, phase1 is a joke and you shouldn't need to bloodlust it. It's mostly about managing Necrotic Plague. An example setup that we used with great success is below:

1) split up MT and OT, have OT holding shambling horror and getting aggro on all ghouls. You want OT+shambling+ghouls within 5 yards of each other and everyone else spread out 5 yards.

2) keep melee on LK with MT

3) range dps shamblings and anyone who gets necrotic runs it into shambling group b4 cleanse. Do this twice to get 2x necrotics on the shambling group.

4) all subsequent necrotics should be cleansed when the person is 5 yards spread out, except for OT, if he gets it just cleanse again so it goes back on a ghoul or shambling.

Setting it up like this the LK is typically dead by the time his stacks become unmanageable. Also, we were seeing pretty nice results with shamblings getting 2shot by necrotic ticks when set up like this thus giving our range more dps time on LK.

I think the fastest we made it through phase1 was 3-4 minutes.

Deleted

We had no DPS on the shamblers ever, there is no need. It stacks up enough to just let it tick away. With high enough DPS and the right coordination you get 2 shamblers up with like 8-12 stacks bouncing around between your OT and them.

End of the day, whatever works for you really.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffason
    Basically, phase1 is a joke and you shouldn't need to bloodlust it.
    The fight is 15 minutes long. Sated is 10 minutes long. Maths isnt your strong point

Deleted

We also used heroism in the transition between P2 and P3, found it to be the most effective as it gave us the DPS boosted to kill 95% of the raged spirits before moving into P3.

Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9
    The fight is 15 minutes long. Sated is 10 minutes long. Maths isnt your strong point
    Yeah, but most would agree Heroism should be used at P2.5 to make sure you get the raging spirits down fast enough. There's absolutely no need for hero in P1.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

3 healers seems to be the way to go for this - so only having two might have been your problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Yeah, but most would agree Heroism should be used at P2.5 to make sure you get the raging spirits down fast enough. There's absolutely no need for hero in P1.
    PLEASE do never ever say "heroism" again, it´s BLOODLUST! It ever was, it ever will! I hate it when those stupid alliance guys say "heroism" ... Actually there is no "alliance" word for bloodlust so I don´t get why Blizz named it "heroism" for alliance, that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanskii
    PLEASE do never ever say "heroism" again, it´s BLOODLUST! It ever was, it ever will! I hate it when those stupid alliance guys say "heroism" ... Actually there is no "alliance" word for bloodlust so I don´t get why Blizz named it "heroism" for alliance, that sucks
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=32182

What's the "horde word" for blessing?

Cant wait to get into this encounter, sadly it will probably have to be with a pug of some friends and not guild lol

On the side note that Mr. Bad Grammar Alliance hater started:
    Sure looks like that spell ID Shaca linked says Heroism a lot, funny how its not the spell right?
    That is a dumb thing to say, a dumb way to say, and a good way to make the Horde look dumb.
    Its Bloodlust for the Horde, Heroism for Alliance, deal with it and stop crying or nerdraging.

So assuming you do get past phase 1 into phase 2, you're going to want to have 3 healers. Why?

If one healer gets valk'd, who's going to take care of infest? Your tank healer who's dealing with soul reapers? I don't think so.

What are you going to do when one of the healers get harvest souled? One healer phase 3 with spirits blowing up?

Also, having a shambling horror going into the first transition phase is not the end of the world. The raging spirits are fairly light in the first transition phase and assuming it has a suitable stack of the disease running on it it should die quickly if you put dps on it.

The way we stood was in a triangle with ranged at one corner, melee dps and Lich King with the tank of the lich king facing towards the shambling horror side of the triangle. And the other corner being a shambling horror with the shambling horror tank facing the horror away from the triangle. If a ranged gets the disease it can run straight to the horror - dispel. Melee gets it... run straight to horror and dispel. The lich king tank gets it? He can back up towards the horror and dispel. Also, you should be running towards the edge when the lich king is at about 71%.

3 healers are an absolute must

if ranged has to sit on a shambling horror for anything longer than 10-15 seconds when the next one spawns you are doing it wrong

phase 1 is by far the easiest part of the fight, if you are having trouble on its positioning, movement, i suggest you put you pillow on your desk for when you start banging your head on it in the later stages
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon