Thread: ICC or ToGC?

ICC or ToGC?

Hello
    Im in casual raiding guild, we are running 25s twice a week, but for now we are stucked on putricide/bql/val
    Our first 10 man group progress is 11/12, second 10/12, third and fourth are stucked just like on 25man
    On TOGC25 we killed jaraxus after two tries, but then we stopped raiding it
    My question is - is it better to progress in togc, and kill farmable bosses in ICC, or progress stricte ICC?

Re: ICC or ToGC?

Quote Originally Posted by deviancee
    Hello
    Im in casual raiding guild, we are running 25s twice a week, but for now we are stucked on putricide/bql/val
    Our first 10 man group progress is 11/12, second 10/12, third and fourth are stucked just like on 25man
    My question is - is it better to progress in togc, and kill farmable bosses in ICC, or progress stricte ICC?
    Well you've got 7 bosses dropping iLevel 264 loot + Frost badges vs 5 bosses dropping iLevel 258 loot +triumph badges.

If you are killing all 7 bosses in ICC with still having a reasonable amount of time left to attempt 1 of your bosses you are stuck on in a single day you could do ICC one day and ToGC the other. If that isn't the case I would probably do something like clear the lower spire + Blood princes and try BQL. Then you can come back the other raid night and do Festergut + Rottface to at least get some loot and then start working on Prof or Val. Val really shouldn't be too hard as long as your healers get the tricks for stacking the buff up to high levels.

We can actually 1 shot 6 bosses, and kill councils after only 2-3 attempts, so its not taking too long ;p So u think that we should try example BQL in 1 day, and in second try togc?

If you're stuck on Putricide, you will be stuck on Faction Champions. Guaranteed.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Yeah i know, we tried em once, but wiped after half min, but i think that they are easier then putri at all

Quote Originally Posted by deviancee
    Hello
    Just do both, TOGC is simple enough to progress through in one night, and ICC as far as I've run (up to LK) can be progressed in a fairly short amount of time. Maybe 2 hours per boss tops.

Quote Originally Posted by krasgoth
    If you're stuck on Putricide, you will be stuck on Faction Champions. Guaranteed.
    Wrong. Putricide is a lot harder than FC heroic or reg.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn
    Wrong. Putricide is a lot harder than FC heroic or reg.
    Putricide is a dps and coordination test, FC is a hard coordination test on Heroic.

If your raid can't move out of mallable goo or kill slimes, they sure as hell can't avoid FC.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

If you can clear all of the content you can kill in ICC and still have enough time to make some solid attempts at which ever next boss you choose then you are left with a couple options.

1) Come back to ICC your next raid day and just work on the boss(es) you haven't beat. You have the potential for some better loot and further progress in the zone. You also have a good chance of not getting any loot at all which can be frustrating and doesn't help improve your gear overall.

2) Go to ToGC25 man and try to gather iLevel 258 gear. Should be able to get at least the first 2 bosses down so that is at least some loot but it is older loot and different fights than you would be practicing in ICC.

3) Do something to get a little bit of loot and then go to ICC (the first 2 bosses in ToGC, Guild raid of VoA).