Thread: LFG System.

LFG System.

8:30, the alarm goes off. I wake up, look around me, and remember what I was doing the night before. Quickly I get to my computer, make myself a cup of coffee and toast some bread.
    I log in, onto my alt Paladin character. I see what daily Battleground it is today. Arathi Basin, at least not Isle of Conquest! I queue up for the Battleground, and end up in a group that is performing pretty well. A five to zero bases advantage and the game is over within minutes. A good start to my morning.

As I sip my coffee, I'm queueing up for the daily Heroic Dungeon, gotta keep them Frost Badges coming! Halls of Lightning. Gah, well anyways, could've been worse: Old Kingdom, Trial of the Champion and whatnot. The group exists out of a Feral Druid, a Blood Death Knight, a Mutilate Rogue, Fury Warrior and me, the Holy Paladin.
    I check out their gearscores and come to the conclusion we're boosting the Mutilate Rogue, he must be a newly dinged level 80, as he is wearing Bind on Account items. No biggie, the rest has 5.2k+ gearscore, so we'll manage easily. Besides, it's Halls of Lightning, who cares?
    We start off, by mistake I'm still in Crusader Aura. The Rogue notices. And much to my dismay I see this text showing up (while killing the first boss):

[8:47:33] [P] [XXXXX:80]: lol paladin, do other aura naab
    [8:47:37] [W] [From: XXXXX:80]: pala ffs, aura
    [8:47:47] [P] [XXXXX:80]: pala ffs noob, aura!!!!

I refuse to change my aura for someone who treats me that way. If it really was neccesary to play with a specific aura, I would. Honestly. But this was Halls of Lightning, with everyone except for the Rogue wearing gear equal to or higher than Tier 9 / Tier 9.5. So I say: 'Mind your own business, if it is neccesary, I will change it. I'd rather have you mind your own performance'.
    I thought I've settled the argument there. But the Rogue keeps on going, I don't know if it was by accident or on purpose, but suddenly he starts ninjapulling (and dying by doing so) all these mobs and blames me for it.

[8:53:16] [P] [XXXXX:80]: noob healer fucking heal me
    [8:57:52] [P] [XXXXX:80]: you let me die you just dont hel me do yyou?
    [8:58:33] [P] [XXXXX:80]: lol thought so noob dont even have achivments in icc10

So, this goes on for the rest of the instance, and I decide to stop healing them. My party members are experiencing the arguement now as well and ask me kindly to be the mature one in here. Even a votekick gone through. I voted 'No', because the Rogue obviously needed gear, and I could cope with him nagging me all the time. I just refused to heal him on the last few mobs. Of course, he died.

Five minutes after I left the group, I get a whisper saying I'm a fucking naab and he's going to inform my guildmaster of my behaviour.
    Not that I'm too worried about it, but what is up with people these days? Willing to go through so much arguing over an aura? If it was a heroic raidinstance or whatnot, I could imagine people wanting me to change auras. But this was Halls of Lightning for God sakes.
    Anyone else ran into people arguing about what auras you put on, what heals you're using (the Rogue was complaining about me spamming Flash of Light into him, because he only had like 16k HP), and what buffs you're giving (the Rogue wanted Might, while we had a Warrior in the group).

TL;DR: People who confront you with things you do (eg auras) in 5 man heroic instances that drop iLevel200 gear?

Well anyways, I needed to vent somewhere, as this guy ruined my morning.

Re: LFG System.

cool sto...

Lots of paladins get that. I have seen multiple threads going on 20+ pages on paladins being fail at buffing and/or auras.

I was tanking on my t9 geared paladin boosting one of girl's toons, and this druid ordered me to give him kings or something. He was a resto druid. I was wearing my block set. It was DTK. I didn't need to be healed. He stayed in tree form the whole time. I gave him might. I also let him die on the last few pulls he ninja pulled while I went to solo the boss.

15+ Year Old Account

I can totally understand refusing to change aura after they asked you like that (lol nuub pala change aura ffs!). Though from your text I assume if I would whisper you after two pulls "Can you please change to retaura?" you would right?

I hate people treating other people like shit from the getgo. But I also hate people who don't do anything to make the run faster.

Like a paladin who refused to buff our group after we asked him nicely because "it was just a heroic anyway". I hate those people. It doesn't matter that we won't wipe because we don't have kings and might, but with kings and might the dungeon will be finished a few minutes faster.

Why should I buff Fortitude, Divine Will and Shadow Protection as a priest then? People don't die in heroics because they are lacking 2k health and 130 shadow resist. But I can buff so I will. And as a sideeffect spirit is a dps increase for all cloth casters.

TLDR version: not changing aura/buffing after people go apeshit on you at first glance, OK.
    Not buffing/changing aura after people ask nicely "because it's just a heroic anyway and buffs don't matter", completely NOT OK.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

In the space of a couple of days I had a hunter telling me to use FOL when healing and a mage telling me to pull "groups of 10" only to complain that I can't hold aggro properly. There is always something that pisses people off.