Priest Questions

How is priest currently? Im looking to reroll and I want to roll a priest preferably. Whats its current state in PVE, and is it any good in PvP?

Re: Priest Questions

My expirience of priest in PVP is that they kick ass.. pure and simple...

im not currently endgame raiding but i have been both pugging in as shadow DPs and a holy priest in ToC25 and everything below that in progression, (this is just my Xp for the record) im wearing healing gear even as a shadow pug and it seems iam always in top 5 dps´s and my healing is excellent as well (at least thats what i´ve been told) and other priests i´ve seen are superb both in healing and dpsing.

so pretty much reroll priest cause it rocks
    if your gonna go shadow read the shadow 101 in the priest forum here at mmo

they're the flavor of the month right now

in pvp they're capable in bgs as shadow or disc and in pvp, better off as disc but not gimped as shadow either

in pve disc is a great tank healer, holy is a good raid healer and shadow dps is about middle of the pack, maybe a bit lower, but if you're competent you'll be fine.

right now everyone and their mother has a shadow off-spec but ehh, not much you can do.

priests are heavily dependent on buffs in pve and pvp, you won't be a pvp or pve god

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob7
    they're the flavor of the month right now
    middle of the pack
    you won't be a pvp or pve god
    Your statements contradict each other. Flavor of the month classes are usually extremely overpowered in at least one aspect of the game. Priests aren't excelling at anything right now, but they aren't hurting either.

You could have simply stuck to "middle of the pack" and you would have been spot on.

To the OP: Priests are in a good state and the class gives you a variety of options in playstyle. It's a very fun class to play, and definitely worth looking into. Just be patient while leveling, pre-40 can be painful at times. It gets better!

I actually believe that shadow priests are very awesome in terms of raid composition. They give all priest buffs (ofc) as well as add a nice healing component. All 3 specs are legit and i guess 5 if you include all possible specs. They all do different things as well.

15+ Year Old Account

For endgame raiding:
    - Shadowpriests are, depending on group setup of course, top 5 dps usually.
    - Holy Priests are still very good raid healers but are shown their place by resto druids who are just imba.
    - Disc Priests are awesome when shielding the raid and sniping with penance, but are much much worse than paladins (or even shamans I'd say or a tankheal speced druid) when tankhealing.

PVP I dunno, Disc surely is still awesome, and I hear shadow is rather viable now too, even in arena (in BGs we always were).

Quote Originally Posted by bbhawk
    im wearing healing gear even as a shadow pug and it seems iam always in top 5 dps´s and my healing is excellent as well (at least thats what i´ve been told)
    I call bullshit on that though.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    I call bullshit on that though.
    It's possible his gear could be like that. If he gets hit capped, the gear from shadow to disc/holy really isn't that different. Priests actually benefit from spirit on DPS gear, so it's not a huge hit. Yes, they're not going to top meters in heal gear, but they're not going to be the bottom either.

As for the OP, priests are a lot of fun. Right now they are in an okay place. You won't be topping any meters at all, be they healing or DPS. They're just a general all purpose hybrid that gets the job done.

15+ Year Old Account

Well or course some stuff with spirit (and haste) on it is good for both healing and shadow; I have the 251 healing t10 pants on me since I got them from Toravon for shadow dpsing, but that still doesn't make make my equip my "healing equip".
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!