Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Worshaka and Kelesti:

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic
    Trauma

I know it got fixed recently, and we have 1 resto shammy who is using it. It went from doing like 1% of his healing to 5-6%. When it drops next maybe I'll pick it up just to play with it (it went to an off speccer last time, I think people don't like proccy stuff much in my guild).

And ty btw I gotta say though, in fights where regen isn't that big of a deal I'd probably drop spark for the abacus to have 2sp trinkets. I mean the only reason I'd swap it in is if regen wasn't an issue, and the logical implication is that you'd want more throughput.
    Trauma still sucks.
    And will remain terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Trauma still sucks.
    And will remain terrible.
    I don't know about this. Since the fix I've seen its proc doing about 4-6% of one of our shaman's effective healing. Frozen Bonespike (I use this example since it's what I'm using right now) is 14 int, 59 spirit, and 59 crit more than Trauma. I don't feel like the 17 or so SP from that spirit plus the 1.29% crit matches up with 4-6% of effective healing. Are there up-to-date numbers to support the continuing insistence that Trauma is that bad?

My apologies for the derail.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleri
    I don't know about this. Since the fix I've seen its proc doing about 4-6% of one of our shaman's effective healing. Frozen Bonespike (I use this example since it's what I'm using right now) is 14 int, 59 spirit, and 59 crit more than Trauma. I don't feel like the 17 or so SP from that spirit plus the 1.29% crit matches up with 4-6% of effective healing. Are there up-to-date numbers to support the continuing insistence that Trauma is that bad?

My apologies for the derail.
    Shamans are spamming chain heal, that's why.
    It's terrible for a priest.
    You'll get 1% healing at most as a priest with trauma.
    It's pretty craptastic.

I just wish I could get my last 10 valnyr shards for my mace.
    Then I wouldnt have to worry about weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    As for Spark of Hope, I love it. I absolutely do, and don't see myself replacing it any time soon. Sure you might get a fair chunk of thoroughput by dropping it for a mixed trinket (like the stupid Lunar Dust for example), and that's fine for your 6 minute fights. But when Arthas comes calling, you should be reaching for this again considering the length of the fight, if nothing else.
    I completely agree, and my expectations for the length and intensity of the Arthas fight is exactly why I keep it in my bags; my mana is stretched pretty thin at the 6-7 minute mark unless I can be sure I'll get a Mana Tide, Innervate, or whatnot. And yes, Lunar Dust isn't spectacular, and if I had the regular Solace to match with my heroic one, I'd probably run that, but well, other than that the only superior throughput trinket as I see it is the Abacus, and only because of the proc. I don't think Lunar Dust is nearly as bad as a lot of people seem to think it is unless you're trying to use it as a regen trinket. Besides, the Lunar Dust is bought with emblems (which aren't needed), while the Abacus would cost DKP (not to mention, the low droprate) and I have other more pressing gear needs than trading a so-so mana proc for a random heal proc. I'll probably eventually pick up the Heroic version, though.

I've seen several people's wishlists, and more than a few have had the Trauma+Sundial combo, and I don't quite understand why. I can understand picking up MH+OH combo and having them with you, and Trauma isn't terrible, but I feel like Dying Light is better overall than the Trauma+Sundial combo.
    WoWHead Item Comparison
    Even against Val'anyr+Sundial, Val'anyr with it's awesome proc could probably help make up for some of the lack of stats, but Dying Light just seems like it's got more bang for its buck, and I've just got it with socket-matching gems, could swap both for pure +SP and get even closer to the SP gain T+S have. V+S would be nice due to it's proc, but it's lacking a fair amount of SP, Haste, Spirit, and Int for the gain of a proc and some crit.

Clearly, I don't have any of these weapons yet, otherwise I'd be using them, just wondering what other people's opinions are on this.

Val'anyr is still best in slot.
    You can't compare it's proc to anything else.
    And it's proc rate is rather high.

I've tested Trauma numerous times.
    As disc, as holy.
    On every fight, except lich king.
    It sucks.

Well, with the practical unobtainability of Val'anyr for most, eliminate V+S from the equation, what about T+S vs. DL?

Is the 120sp + not so great proc, better than 34 Int, 34 Sta, 61 Spi and 61 Haste?

I'd agree that Dying Light is better than Trauma and Sundial.

However the mace of lich king and sundial could be better if you already have alot of regen.

If you're adding the Mace from the Lich King to the discussion, the Staff he drops should also be in the discussion. Not only is it strictly superior to Dying Light in every stat, but the gem slots are also red, rather than yellow and blue, which provides to better gemming options. Personally, I'd rather use the staff and let the Pallies, Disc Priests, and Shamans fight over the Mace.

@ Klaugh

The comparison between T+S and DL is actually much more in favor of DL that your comparison makes it look. If you assume Reckless and Purified gems and +81 SP on DL and +63 SP on T+S

+34 Int
    +34 Stam
    +71 Spirit
    +71 Haste
    -57 SP
    -Trauma Proc

If you throw in the SP from Spirit, the SP difference is only ~37 SP. IMO, that proc would have to be pretty damn good to make up that difference in Haste and Regen, and I just don't see that happening from the test results I've heard from others.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq
    If you're adding the Mace from the Lich King to the discussion, the Staff he drops should also be in the discussion. Not only is it strictly superior to Dying Light in every stat, but the gem slots are also red, rather than yellow and blue, which provides to better gemming options. Personally, I'd rather use the staff and let the Pallies, Disc Priests, and Shamans fight over the Mace.

@ Klaugh

The comparison between T+S and DL is actually much more in favor of DL that your comparison makes it look. If you assume Reckless and Purified gems and +81 SP on DL and +63 SP on T+S

+34 Int
    +34 Stam
    +71 Spirit
    +71 Haste
    -57 SP
    -Trauma Proc

If you throw in the SP from Spirit, the SP difference is only ~37 SP. IMO, that proc would have to be pretty damn good to make up that difference in Haste and Regen, and I just don't see that happening from the test results I've heard from others.
    That's a good point.
    I forgot they reitemized that staff with haste.
    Thanks.

Hahahahahahahaha, unlucky Harky.

Also, it so can't take very long for even a bad guild to grind up a couple of Val'anyr can it?
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

I've come to an astonishing conclusion.

Grace NEEDS to get changed to be a buff for the priest, it's really annoying that if I switch off my target grace goes to hell. Whether it's a small flash at the raid, or spamming the other tank, whatever.. it's annoying.

I thought I could go 1/2 grace but mehhh.

Quote Originally Posted by magicism
    Hahahahahahahaha, unlucky Harky.

Also, it so can't take very long for even a bad guild to grind up a couple of Val'anyr can it?
    Yea, but convincing the guild to go back into ulduar is lawls.

Yea, but convincing the guild to go back into ulduar is lawls.
    Pfft, I hear there is some kinda Steel Dragon things people get from doing the fights in style.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

I don't think there's much chance in convincing my guild to return to Ulduar to farm out the minimum of 2 Val'anyr's for me to personally be able to get one, considering I believe I'd be at best second in line to get one, maybe 3rd or 4th depending on attendance to the raids, how many weeks is that, just to get this weapon? I'll stick with the options from ICC, which are still going to take us a while for everyone to get what they want, but it's not asking people to run old content so a much better chance of people showing up on time and being ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic
    I've come to an astonishing conclusion.

Grace NEEDS to get changed to be a buff for the priest, it's really annoying that if I switch off my target grace goes to hell. Whether it's a small flash at the raid, or spamming the other tank, whatever.. it's annoying.

I thought I could go 1/2 grace but mehhh.
    binding heal is your savior!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuq

+34 Int
    +71 Spirit
    +71 Haste
    -57 SP
    -Trauma Proc

That's a better assessment, thanks for that Zeuq. The regen can be made up in gear, at least in my eyes, so you're comparing 37 Spell Power and a proc to 71 haste. Depending on your priorities, the haste may be worth it but I do see a bit of value in that outgoing heal.

The proc rate as well as its terribly implemented group limitations have been fixed, so it's not really as terrible as people saw it before. Sure if you're a druid blanketing the raid, just because of your mechanics it might be like a single Wild Growth tick every cooldown, but if you're burst healing like a Shaman or a Priest (or even a Holy Paladin spamming Glyphed Holy Light for crying out loud), it's a nice added effect on top of your heals.

And yes, Val'anyr may be better. But I don't have one, nor am I even first in line if we ever did go back to get one.

Personally, I'd rather use the staff and let the Pallies, Disc Priests, and Shamans fight over the Mace.
    I'd see more competition for that staff than I would the mace. :P And plus, my Discipline Priest knows to stay the hell away from Trauma, he's going for the Scepter, as he should.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Yea, I look forward to 400 HoT ticks from a weapon.

Yea, I look forward to 400 HoT ticks from a weapon.
    Yet you glyph prayer of healing, and chances are your raid runs with a Shadow Priest and/or at least one Healing Stream.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Yet you glyph prayer of healing, and chances are your raid runs with a Shadow Priest and/or at least one Healing Stream.
    I glyphed it for testing purposes.
    Wanted to see how it would pan out vs renew so I could just worry less about refreshing renew.