An Idea For an FPS RPG MMO

Now i'm not sure if this idea would be amazing or not but i'm gonna put it on paper so to speak.

what about a game that feels like CoD in terms of controls and playstyle, that is more team based (think 5 mans and rading in wow)

so you would have types of guns for your class say and a mixture of races and technologies, talent trees and proffesions

think a combination of CoD, WoW and borderlands bundling together the best bits, for instance the dungeons and mmo style talents and open world like WoW, the PvP element would be like CoD being free for all and team death matches and so on, and the vehicles and weird fun guns from borderlands.

having everything customisable and adaptable. also having many factions at war so say picking from say 4 different factions and having the added factor of watching your butt in the open world for oposing factions coming to gank you.

what would you want from something like this, would you play?

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: An Idea For an FPS RPG MMO

I played a short-stinted game like this. It was called Neocron.

I don't think FPS shooters, and MMORPG's mix very well. People who play MMORPG's prefer the skills of their Character over their own skill at aiming.

For example, see how fast Star Wars Galaxies failed after Sony Online Entertainment tried turning it into a FPSMMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    I don't think FPS shooters, and MMORPG's mix very well. People who play MMORPG's prefer the skills of their Character over their own skill at aiming.

For example, see how fast Star Wars Galaxies failed after Sony Online Entertainment tried turning it into a FPSMMORPG.
    I am sure there are people who want to see games like that. If you combinate a ranking/level system with XP like World of Warcraft with the gameplay of Counter-Strike or Call of Duty + features to unlock by XP or gold/money you get for killing people?

10+ Year Old Account

I'm playing Global Agenda right now, it's a third-person shooter with many MMO elements (but not an open world like MMO's are). It has classes, skill trees, levels, gear upgrades (they work like WoW gems), PvP, PvE (I haven't done PvE yet, I heard it sucks), and even an AH. They still have some stuff to add in future patches, but already, I'd say that its my favorite fusion of FPS and MMO thusfar.