QQing about queue-queing.

So my main spec is feral DPS but I have a decent tank off set that I use daily for the random heroic. Eleven minute queues for a dungeon is ridiculous, so I prefer to go the instant route. That being said, I don't really mind tanking. Some people complain that it's boring and not worth it, but generally speaking, tanking is an easy way for me to get Emblems and gold.

Today, the fun was completely knocked out of my sails. While trying to help my brother get Emblems of Triumph for his freshly-80 mage, I offered to party up and queue as a tank so it would be as close to instant as it gets.

Group one. Fail healer shaman fails to move out of the Shadow Sickle(?) ability on the first trash mobs in OK. He dies. I pop Frenzied Regen + Barkskin + Survival Instincts to AoE the mobs. I live. Healer blames me for not having threat on the mobs. Really? The mobs were all attacking me; it was your failure to move out of the damage that caused you to die. Do NOT blame me for your inadequacies as a healer. Not wanting to continue to hear his pathetic excuses and finger-pointing, I drop group. Enjoy the 5-10 minutes finding a tank while you sit and wait and think about how terrible you are.

Group two. After waiting patiently for my Deserter debuff to run out, a new dungeon pops. Yay, it's Utgarde Pinnacle! Presumably it will be a cake-walk. Oh no. As a note, I start all my pulls with a handy Faerie Fire-Skull macro. It simultaneously marks the target with a skull and casts Faerie Fire. Yay, marked kill targets. The very first pull I mark one of the two mobs. My normal AoE threat rotation is Mangle the Skull, Swipe Swipe Swipe, Demo Roar, etc. Apparently, the rogue in the group is either retarded or blind because he starts attacking the unmarked target. There are only two targets to choose from: one that's marked with a huge skull on its head and one that isn't. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why one is marked and one isn't. But I digress!

We make it to Skadi, rather slowly I might add. The adds are coming out and I'm picking them up. I have my back turned to where Skadi would normally land because I'm trying to pick up the two guys coming out of the little hallway area. Skadi lands. Healer is standing RIGHT where he lands, so he proximity aggro pulls. He dies. Is it my fault that you're standing RIGHT where he lands? Is it really my fault that the DPS sucked and timing the harpoons so that we had two adds when Skadi landed? Is it?

Wall of text crits you for over 9000.

Anyway, if you're a healer healing 5 mans -- regardless of how crappy or awesome your gear is -- don't be a dummy and stand in stupid stuff that will kill you. If you're a DPS and the tank is kind enough to mark kill targets, please follow them. And if you die to something completely retarded, do not blame the tank. People cry constantly about how long the DPS queues are... if I group up with idiots, it's just going to be longer.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: QQing about queue-queing.

someone's cooking up some pro bro-foamin.
    BfA Beta Time

My major issue with tanking is bad dps. I get bad dps almost exclusively. Sometimes I get angry and just switch to dps. Most times I just leave. Always I will let the group know what I think about them. Like two nights ago when I joined with a good healer from another realm and three horrible dps that queued together from an entirely seperate realm from the both of us. And they acted like small children when we asked them understandable and simple questions such as "so, RetPallyX, what's your excuse for doing less dps than a level 70?"

I wish you could vote to kick people immediately upon zoning in and that you could vote to kick as many people as you wanted in as short a time frame as you wanted.

Same as Ganoes, I always get those players who can't break the 2k dps consistantly, oh not one player, all the 3 dpsers. Yes I get annoyed by it, especially of the lovely dungeon finder punishes me by dropping me off in Violet Hold or Culling of Stratholme >. I understand that a fury warrior in greens and

I don't care so much what the healer is about, since I can deal with most stuff solo anyway, but the dps are there to make sure I can earn those 2 frost badges within 30 minutes and not 1 hour.

Also, whats up with those baddies who join and then go afk first for 10 minutes, seriously, what a lack of respect. You can't replace them because of the stupid cooldown on the Vote for Kick option. Same goes for those very vocal types, that babble more than they press buttons.

So in general, I first try to get some guildies to join me so I am insured of some quality dps instead of scrub.

That was my very short QQ about the PuG's.

The tank-QQ in this thread is huge.

Anyway, I'm a tank myself. Yes, you don't always get the perfect groups. There's often at least 1 person in the group that doesn't follow your marks. Hopefully at least one will. As a Paladin I don't have any AoE threat issues(unless the person is doing 5-6k dps that is), but I suppose it's a lot worse for druids.

As for the bad dps part... seriously? Right, I know not to take Ganoes seriously, but still. You can't complain just because people are doing around 1.5k-2.5k. Some might still need to gear up. Which is also why I dislike the people who are crying out to skip every single boss and its mother.

And yeah, a lot of casters seem to want to stand right below where Skadi is landing, although this may be because they aren't used to the lowered harpoon requirement(didn't have issues with it previously). However, you should just be more awake, don't start shouting because you weren't on the ball and someone didn't do your job for you.

And the mob in Ahn'Kahet... I didn't honestly know you could move out of that AoE, I thought it was just targetted on a person. However, it's not like it's doing that much damage, so I don't understand how the healer could die unless you pulled two Shadowcasters at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    You can't complain just because people are doing around 1.5k-2.5k.
    I wish. 1.5k I might complain about, 2.5k I would never complain about. We're mostly complaining about 600-1k and YES I get these people almost all the time. I had a warlock in ToC 5 man random heroic the other night that was barely outdpsing his imp. Seriously. No joke. I successfully got a vote to kick out on him and got a hunter that could do about 3k. Massive upgrade.

I level toons all the time. I do random heroics as fresh 80s frequently. And I NEVER do under 2k dps even in entirely blues. I don't carry baddies. Maybe you do. That's on you man. You enjoy wasting your time, I don't.

I honestly do not how it is even possible to do 600-1000 dps at level 80. I pull over 1k on my level 75 ele sham. I mean unless your not even tryig or seriously mentally reatrded I just dont see how its possible.
    Its like those people who get hit by trains, unless someone tied you up and stuck you on the tracks I dont see how its even remotly possible.

The worst is when you get someone in decent gear and they pull the "Lol this is my brother's/cousin's/friend's account, I dont know how to not stand in fires."
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

Just so you know if you leave a group as a tank all they need to do is re-queue and they will have the next tank that queue's up for heroics, usually this just takes 30 seconds.

yes i signed up to post this.

You should just use your dps gear as bear spec and pull like 3.5k dps and heroics will go fast no matter how bad the dps is

Quote Originally Posted by Feira
    So my main spec is feral DPS but I have a decent tank off set that I use daily for the random heroic. Eleven minute queues for a dungeon is ridiculous, so I prefer to go the instant route. That being said, I don't really mind tanking. Some people complain that it's boring and not worth it, but generally speaking, tanking is an easy way for me to get Emblems and gold.

Today, the fun was completely knocked out of my sails. While trying to help my brother get Emblems of Triumph for his freshly-80 mage, I offered to party up and queue as a tank so it would be as close to instant as it gets.

Group one. Fail healer shaman fails to move out of the Shadow Sickle(?) ability on the first trash mobs in OK. He dies. I pop Frenzied Regen + Barkskin + Survival Instincts to AoE the mobs. I live. Healer blames me for not having threat on the mobs. Really? The mobs were all attacking me; it was your failure to move out of the damage that caused you to die. Do NOT blame me for your inadequacies as a healer. Not wanting to continue to hear his pathetic excuses and finger-pointing, I drop group. Enjoy the 5-10 minutes finding a tank while you sit and wait and think about how terrible you are.
    You spent half of your wall of text bitching about bad dps and a healer that can't get out of an aoe. An aoe which isn't aoe at all, its a single target spell that does a shitload of dmg that can 1 shot a poorly geared non-tank. He was right in saying you didn't have aggro on it (although dps or yourself with bash/feral charge should have interrupted it). Also, if you know OK and you are supposedly marking things those should always have the skull and be burned down first.

And then there is you complaining about low dps. You started out stating that your only there trying to help your newly-dinged brother get some quick queues. I hate bad dps too, but I don't complain about it when I'm either carrying a fresh 80 friend or just leveled up another alt.

LOL so true. I had a hunter in Culling the other day, not only is it culling... and takes forever, but I notice that he's just following people around, literally not DPSing at all, no pet out. Then, when I start yelling at him to do something, he starts typing in spanish and continues to do nothing. I try to vote kick him, and it DOESN'T PASS. WTF? I tried every time it was up, but someone in the group (mind you we were all from different realms) thought it was cool to ride the free daily train. To make it worse, I was top damage done/dps overall. Took like an hour to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by gookslammer View Post
    Throwing logic at a troll is like throwing bologna at a tank.

My main is a tank. I have to say, I have suffered through the same stuff.

I think the biggest annoyance is people running ahead. They assume since I have 52k health that Im a magical tank god and can pull threat off them instantly when they run 20 yards ahead and pull 5 mobs that 1 shot them. Then its my fault b/c I was to slow. Im sry fail-dps, I was waiting for the healer to get mana back from the last pull since you ran ahead while I was buffing everyone and almost died.

Or dps who dont do anything, people afk'ing in the middle of a fight, etc.

I dont even care anymore. I drop group, go eat something, come back and re-que. Have fun waiting for a tank, or even better, you get a new tank that is fail. Enjoy :P

15+ Year Old Account

at this stage in the game, it doesn't matter to me if a tank is there or not for bosses. with all CDs popped, all heroic bosses die within a 30 second period. all a healer has to do is throw me a shield of some sort and enjoy the show.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMeister-
    LOL so true. I had a hunter in Culling the other day, not only is it culling... and takes forever, but I notice that he's just following people around, literally not DPSing at all, no pet out. Then, when I start yelling at him to do something, he starts typing in spanish and continues to do nothing. I try to vote kick him, and it DOESN'T PASS. WTF? I tried every time it was up, but someone in the group (mind you we were all from different realms) thought it was cool to ride the free daily train. To make it worse, I was top damage done/dps overall. Took like an hour to do.
    dual-boxing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Feira
    (...) Eleven minute queues for a dungeon is ridiculous, (...)
    Tell me one thing, please.

How many minutes did it take for you to make a 5 man group before the new system was introduced? I mean: find tank, find healer, find more dps.
    Less than 11? 30? An hour? Two?
    How many times group disbanded before reaching the instances?

I have no problem with random HCs on my prot paladin. Half-retarded monkey can heal me through all but 3 new ICC instances. Same goes for damage dealers, as long as they pull average 2k dps it is all smooth and dandy. Yes, things can get rough in ICC HCs, especially in HOR when you get those low performing guys but it just takes single click of a button to leave after one or two wipes.

Going to HCs as healer is a lot more painful for me though. I hate when undergeared tank, comparing him to general tank population not the instances itself, decides to pull half of the instance at once thinking how cool he is. Those 30k buffed HP warriors who cant hold jack shit of aggro drive me crazy. I love to heal 3.8k GS DK in UK when he pulls all of the mobs at start--which usually follows with swift stun-lock and insta-gib(prevented by GS or delayed by NS+TW) with another gib few seconds later. Yet they still have the audacity to whine when we wipe because healer could not heal the amout of damage they were soaking.
    I also hate dps who think they can attack any target around. My favorites are death gripping DKs who used it on melee mobs--had DK pull this on enraged footman in HoR hc. 2nd favorites are fury warriors with ICC25 gear who tank the whole instance instead of tank without even trying to pretend to focus on marked targets of delay their attacks 1 second to let tank get aggro.