Can't stream videos properly on Google Chrome

Hi guys.

Recently, when I watch videos on youtube, or any website for that matter (embedded vids, etc), my entire Google Chrome lags out and hangs.

Any idea what could be causing the problem? I even removed Google Chrome and reinstalled it.

It doesn't lag when I use firefox or IE to stream videos. It only occurs on Chrome. I did a spyware/malware scan and its still the same.

Re: Can't stream videos properly on Google Chrome

I don't know but I have a similar issue with Google Chrome. There are some sites that use Javascript 8 (i believe) and it won't let access or download the updated driver or info it needs to run it. So anytime I get that message, I just go straight to IE8 and view it with no issue, kinda weird. I'd like to hear any info on this as well.

That's funny, used to have the same problem with Firefox, but it's solved after 3.6 update.

Deleted

1. http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe <-- Download this
    2. Reboot
    3. http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ <-- Download this with Chrome
    4. Try again?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarheaded
    Hi guys.

Recently, when I watch videos on youtube, or any website for that matter (embedded vids, etc), my entire Google Chrome lags out and hangs.

Any idea what could be causing the problem? I even removed Google Chrome and reinstalled it.

It doesn't lag when I use firefox or IE to stream videos. It only occurs on Chrome. I did a spyware/malware scan and its still the same.
    I'm not sure if your chrome is up-to-date.
    Try to go google google chrome and click install to replace your exist chrome.
    And then go https://chrome.google.com/extensions
    Intall an extension call IE-Tab.
    It will put an Folder icon with IE icon in the middle to the right side of your address bar.
    Click this icon,it will open a page inside your chrome browser.
    Now you can view any webpage with IE-core inside chrome.
    This will prevent any problem or incompatibility issues that cause by google chrome.

It just like open a new IE browser but inside the google chrome.

By the way,only the recent updated version of google chrome support extensions.
    The 3.x version of chrome doesnt support extensions.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by linskystar
    Intall an extension call IE-Tab.
    Note that at least in FireFox (I would assume also in Chrome), the IE-Tab addon/extension opens up basically all of IE's security/design flaws, as it basically imports the IE engine into your browser of choice. At least this was an issue the last time I'd looked at it. They may have changed it until now.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    Note that at least in FireFox (I would assume also in Chrome), the IE-Tab addon/extension opens up basically all of IE's security/design flaws, as it basically imports the IE engine into your browser of choice. At least this was an issue the last time I'd looked at it. They may have changed it until now.
    I doubt they "fixed that". Don't think it's even possible.

I find chrome to be having quite an issue when playing videos, that's why I use FF or IE.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by concepts2010
    I find chrome to be having quite an issue when playing videos, that's why I use FF or IE.
    I have Chrome, though I don't have any problems