Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Patch 3.3.x = Ruby Sanctum?

Next Raid Encounter will probably be the Ruby Sanctum
    There is a nice interview of Tom Chilton (Kalgan) on Gameinformer.com. We learn a couple of new things here, including an almost-confirmed upcoming single-boss raid encounter: The Ruby Sanctum in the Chamber of Aspects under the Wyrmrest Temple.

• The Dungeon Finder tool might be extended "at the very least" to 10-person raids at some point in the future.
    • The next addition to raid content will probably be a single-boss encounter in the Ruby Sanctum of the Chamber of Aspects. "It’s a little too early to have a lot of details on that, but I wouldn’t characterize it as a huge chunk of content. [...] I think of it more as an extension of patch 3.3."

They are the two major announcements of the interview, I suggest that you read the full article on GameInformer.com if you want to read the rest, there are a couple of interesting commentaries about Wrath of the Lich King's development after the original release and how it will affect Cataclysm.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

The general feedback has been positive. We definitely plan to keep going in the direction that we’re going right now. We’re really happy with the Dungeon Finder. I’d like to find a way to extend that at the very least to 10-person raids at some point in the future. There are a lot of complexities with making that work, but anything we can do to alleviate the annoyances or pains associated with players having to arrange their own groups would be great. Being able to extend that into raiding would be awesome if we could do it.

We also have plans to continue making PvP more accessible also. It’s interesting that in Burning Crusade our raiding game was extremely hardcore, and in a lot of ways the PvP was a lot more casual player-friendly. Through the course of Lich King, those have flipped around. A lot of that is just because of the development in our PvE game. We had really aggressive development in solving the problems that we saw in PvE in Burning Crusade as far as making PvE more accessible and easier to get into and more rewarding. Almost simultaneously, PvP either stayed the same or got more hardcore in some ways.

Those flipped roles in Lich King, and we really want to balance them out better than we have before in Cataclysm. We want to continue to advance on that front with PvE, and with PvP we really want to make sure that it feels better-balanced against PvP as far as how much effort it takes to organize stuff and how much reward you get for your time and effort spent.[/b]

For the final question, there’s been some rumors going around and I wanted to clear them up. You guys have wrapped up the main Lich King storyline. Icecrown is out there, which you guys have said is the final major raid for this expansion. But there are some rumors that there might be another content patch of some sort before Cataclysm releases.

That is a possibility. We can’t say for sure at this point, but we are looking into the possibility of having a boss in the Ruby Sanctum, which is another part of Wyrmrest Temple. It’s a little too early to have a lot of details on that, but I wouldn’t characterize it as a huge chunk of content. It’s not a patch 3.4 or anything.

Re: Patch 3.3.x = Ruby Sanctum?

Not a huge surprise, although this may mean Cata is farther away than any of us would like.

Was kinda hoping for a troll raid. but ill take it.

10+ Year Old Account

We fight Alexstraza's teenage daughter who is screaming that nobody understands her?

This does not mean that the expansion is further away. It actually means that the "event" leading to Deathwing's release is actually sooner than we thought. We aren't going to be fighting the Red, Bronze, or Green Dragonflight, but Deathwing's flight. So, I'll let you do the math from here.

I like how he says "likely" even though if he's announcing it it means they've already started (or likely finished and are simply fine tuning it) developing the encounter.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

No troll raid ;[
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Unless they are doing some sort of experiment a Single Boss raid is pretty useless. All of the major Dragons this expansion were single boss raids, at least the ones still alive.

Malygos, Sartharion his little dudes may technically count as bosses but Im not buying it just cause they dropped badges. New Onyxia and now whatever dragon we fight in there. Dragons really seem to have trouble finding strong friends to help them out.

I just hope it drops a 30 slot bag and a new dragon mount

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ganimah
    This does not mean that the expansion is further away. It actually means that the "event" leading to Deathwing's release is actually sooner than we thought. We aren't going to be fighting the Red, Bronze, or Green Dragonflight, but Deathwing's flight. So, I'll let you do the math from here.
    Yeah because ruby screams deathwing
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

/cross fingers for a Green Drake or a red armored drake!
    http://www.sassygoatmilksoap.com/

Make sure once your on to listen a bit for the song!

I think they had this raid already done for a long time and were waiting until one of the guilds was ready to kill LK in heroic. Only makes sense to give people something more to do while they wait. They will more than likely space that patch to be about 4 weeks after the first guild kills LK in heroic.

Yay, Chamber-raid. I called it ^^

I hope we're saving a red dragon and not killing one. The "Went Insane" story is getting old.

They better have a damn good explanation for why we're going into the Ruby Sanctum, of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by Orisai
    They killed that idea with Gundrak.

Gundrak actually made me believe there WOULD be a troll raid. That giant snake tail in the back made me think there was something larger beneath it.

Quote Originally Posted by rat
    They better have a damn good explanation for why we're going into the Ruby Sanctum, of all places.
    They burned Bolvar alive and now he's the Lich King

Expected. People have to stop saying filler tho does it matter? Content is content be happy.

umm awesome? ;D

I called more raids first time i went in chamber, the doors gave it away. wouldn't surprise me if therewas another dragon flight after this.