How can i squeeze more from it?

I find myself somewhere betwen a rock and a hard place.

Problem is as following. At the moment i can't find myself squeezing more then 6-7k dps off my shadow priest.Wich compared to the people i usualy group with is kind of low.And compared to some shadowpriests doing 10-11k is retardedly low.
    Armory link in the dublidu(spelling?) : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...chronos&n=Mohi

Itemization wise i am trying to find a balance betwen haste and crit atm. As for gear i plan to get my 4p in the next 2 weeks leaving the leg slot for the crafted ones.
    How much dps increase does my 4p provide? I have been reading people saying betwen 800 to even 1.5k.Also at wich point in my gear should i drop Mb with 4p t10?
    As for the balance betwen crit and haste where should i stop going for crit? I've seen priests with 30% unbuffed crit and ones with 1000 haste. And priests with 3.5-3.6k sp. What would be a good balance?

Been reading abit about theorycrafting ever since i dinged this baby 80 and i think i know a thing or two.
    The priority system i use is VT-Dp-Mb-Mf as for starting rotation it is usualy VT Mb 3xMf 3xMf Dp ( at this point i usualy pop my Nevermelting Ice Crystal) Sw:P. I use this long opening rotation to get my Muradin's Spyglass stacks to 10 before applying sw:P also to make sure every slacker in the group has his buffs/debuffs up. I do use ShadowGreenLight to keep track of when is apropiate to recast sw:P.I usualy recast it automaticaly when Bloodlust is poped. As for dots i try to clip them as little as possible, as in never.I sometimes find myself in some conflicts. Like when i need to refresh VT and my Mind Blast has 0.5-1sec out of it's Cd at the end of my VT recast.Sometimes i slack and wait for Mb to come off cd. Sometimes i just go Mfx3. What i do not do is that i never interupt my Mf be it to refresh dots be it to redo Mb. People have a split opinion out of this from what i am reading. Some say that you can interrupt Mf at 2 ticks and some say that if you get it wrong it is actually a dps decrease. One of the reasons i don't do this is that i am usualy playing with 150-200ms so clipping at 2 ticks might be tricky at times.

Also say i am multitargeting( Anub for e.g) and my Sw:P(buffed with the crit from the trinket) is about to drop of the boss at the same time with my VT or Dp. Should i go Mfx1 to refresh it following the normal priority system( what i do at the curent time) or just refresh the more important dots?
    Again sometimes Vt is about to drop half a second before Dp. I reapply Vt on the target and Dp has somewhere betwen 0.3-0.7 seconds left of the tick. At this moment in time i do not know in wich measure i clip it(since i never use combat logs in alt runs) by casting it in that interval( taking into account lag and shizzles) but is it a big no no to clip Dp on the last tick or the initial damage of the new Dp cowers for the clipping?

Yes i know my hitcap is over the roof at the moment and yes i know i need to change my wand.And yes i know i am loosing 46 spellpower because i am to lazy to get my enchanting to the apropiate level but the Lich King stole my wallet on my main so will take abit to get back on track gold wise.

As for gemming again i have a dilema. Some say it's better to have Purified Dreadstones in blue sockets(wich i have) while other says to go for pure 23 sp after you meet the requirements for the meta.

I would love any kind of suggestions and criticism's to be able to improve my dps because at the moment with the gear i am wearing i find myself slacking quite abit.

If the wall of text hasn't critted you or you have'nt fallen asleep yet ofcourse ;D
    Yo dawg i see you like trollin'. So we put trolls in your trolling posts so you can troll while you're getting troll'd with.

Re: How can i squeeze more from it?

Hey man for the gear you have your dps sounds about right dont harp on that to much.
    As for the 4pc t-10 set your dps will go up yes but to drop Mb out of your rotation there is alot more to it then just getting the 4pc. you should really look on Shadowpriest.com for more info on that since everyone seems to be beating that like a dead horse for the most part you are on par no worries mate

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by glowinn
    Hey man for the gear you have your dps sounds about right dont harp on that to much.
    As for the 4pc t-10 set your dps will go up yes but to drop Mb out of your rotation there is alot more to it then just getting the 4pc. you should really look on Shadowpriest.com for more info on that since everyone seems to be beating that like a dead horse for the most part you are on par no worries mate
    I completely second that. For your gear your damage is ok. Though you wrote about clipping DP, which is a big no usually. Not having a dot up for 1-2 seconds while you finish mindflay/whatever is always a dps increase over clipping the last tick of the dot.

For the purified dreadstone question: If the item only has 1 blue socket and gives 7 Spellpower (or equivalent other stats) socket bonus then using a purified dreadstone to get the bonus instead of socketing 23 Spellpower is just a loss of 0.1 Pseudopower. Which is negligible especially because you get regen from spirit. If more than 7 SP is the socket bonus, go for the bonus (as long as the item doesn't have more than 1 blue socket).
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Aether, the difference is 5, not 7. If it's a 5 Spell Power bonus, you really are only losing one pseudo-power, but you're gaining an extended mana bar so you can actually look at delaying Dispersion, which is of course a DPS increase.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Aether, the difference is 5, not 7.
    BRB, resocketing. :P
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

From my previous experiences i don't think i know of any other class that can boost over 2-3k dps from just a few items just 1 tier above. Thank you for all the info.I was abit worried my rotation was abit flawed or the itemization abit shite thus the low dps.
    As for the 4p t10 yes i know i need to reach a certain amount of haste to get my Mf to around 1.6-1.7 cast raid buffed to be benefical to drop Mind Blast or so i was reading the other day.
    Yo dawg i see you like trollin'. So we put trolls in your trolling posts so you can troll while you're getting troll'd with.

haste > crit always and forever

haste affects how fast your VT and DP tick, they benefit from haste and yes when you get 4p tier 10 you should drop mind blast completely.

your rotation should look something like this

VT MB DP MFx3 SWP

and then after that a priority system (highest to lowest priority)

VT
    DP
    MB
    MF

this is assuming SWP never falls off and you're using SWD only when on the move.

a good addon to help you is one called mind flay clip, it has latency bars on the cast bars to suggest when MF clipping is recommended to juice the most out of your dps. another good addon is need to know you can modify to track your DoTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohak
    Itemization wise i am trying to find a balance betwen haste and crit atm. As for gear i plan to get my 4p in the next 2 weeks leaving the leg slot for the crafted ones.
    How much dps increase does my 4p provide? I have been reading people saying betwen 800 to even 1.5k.Also at wich point in my gear should i drop Mb with 4p t10?
    I'd like to see spriest with roughly 800-850 haste and go all out on sp and crit. in that order. And as for what to do after your opening... drop MB and just cast MB right before you recast DP.

..Been reading abit about theorycrafting ever since i dinged this baby 80 and i think i know a thing or two...i am usualy playing with 150-200ms so clipping at 2 ticks might be tricky at times.
    I would avoid clipping MF. most of the theorystuff made for clipping MF was for late BC or early WOTLK. Probably should see more non-clipping MF in theorycrafting for current patches.

Also say i am multitargeting( Anub for e.g) and my Sw:P(buffed with the crit from the trinket) is about to drop of the boss at the same time with my VT or Dp. Should i go Mfx1 to refresh it ..
    For multi-dotting enemies, I would stick to VT only cuz the sw doesn't really give you much dps output. Check out www.worldoflogs.com parse and see why 10k+ spriest have VT as their top or 2nd most dmg output.

GL and enjoy playing spriest

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Aether, the difference is 5, not 7. If it's a 5 Spell Power bonus, you really are only losing one pseudo-power, but you're gaining an extended mana bar so you can actually look at delaying Dispersion, which is of course a DPS increase.
    the loss is 0.1 PP not 1... its basically 0