Target Raid mark macro

Im looking for a macro that when i press it will target the mob marked with circle. Anyone know how to do this?

Deleted

Re: Target Raid mark macro

simple answer: not possible.

you can configure it, in you're key binding "set skull' "set circle"

Quote Originally Posted by linalol
    you can configure it, in you're key binding "set skull' "set circle"
    This

I got them bound to F1-F6

except for skull that one is bound to ALT F4. I think it is bugged, since it causes my game to crash everytime I try to skull a target.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortunado
    When I first read the title, I almost pooped myself. Then I clicked the link and laughed that poop out!
    /lol

Quote Originally Posted by rockadin
    except for skull that one is bound to ALT F4. I think it is bugged, since it causes my game to crash everytime I try to skull a target.
    Kinda weird :

I think what he means is he wants to target the mob that is marked with a circle.
    I'm pretty sure that's not possible with a macro.

That macro is impossible to do! Simply impossible.
    GearScore - is directly related to Skill; the More you care about it, the Less you have.
    GearScore - is like a Bikini; what it shows is Suggestive, what it hides is far more Important.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

It is not possible to have a macro or addon target a mob by the raid target icon. It was possible back in 1.x, but the ability was removed around the original Naxx patch (1.12, I believe), to lessen the amount of automation possible.

If you must target something specific in a hurry, and know it in advance then if its realistic to do so then set it as your focus.
    Targeting by raid symbol is unfortunatly not possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by keke
    /script if GetRaidTargetIndex("target")==nil then SetRaidTargetIcon("target",8) end

replace the "8" with whatever you want.

8 = skull
    7 = cross

etc etc, can't remember what the circle is though
    That could work, but if I remember is reliant on someone in your raid already targeting that one.

Quote Originally Posted by rockadin
    This

I got them bound to F1-F6

The issue there is you are using Windows. The alt f4 key combination is used to close a window. Rebind those keys elsewhere since the workaround for that would be too awkward. Ctrl as a modifier, or a different range of the function keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by keke
    Nope! Works perfectly fine in a raid, instamark. I use this macro for my tanking on DK;

#showtooltip Icy Touch
    /cast Icy Touch
    /script if GetRaidTargetIndex("target")==nil then SetRaidTargetIcon("target",8) end

And I just Icy Touch to mark a skull if it's needed, works always in party / raid. Of course you may remove and only use the initial macro.
    You're not getting what OP is asking are you? He is asking if there is a macro that will let you TARGET a mob based on it's ICON that someone already marked it with.

To OP:

No it's not possible and for good reasons. There is one add-on though that will sorta pick up any mob you're in combat with or someone mouse over and create a "bar" for each which you can indeed target, I'll try and find it for you. Think it also changes bar color based on if it's tanked or not ot getting CC'd. Not exactly what you were looking for though.
    Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.

http://www.wowace.com/addons/magic-targets/ I think it was/is. Doesn't seem like you can target via the mod anymore though. Haven't tested it.
    Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Zeven7, what you're talking about hasn't been possible since BC came out. Clickable bars/icons for targetting or spellcasting are not able to be created while in combat. Period.

I personally use nameplates for targetting specific mobs while in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    The issue there is you are using Windows. The alt f4 key combination is used to close a window. Rebind those keys elsewhere since the workaround for that would be too awkward. Ctrl as a modifier, or a different range of the function keys.
    Wow...
    Rawr, I'm a shark

I'll make an assumption here and bet you need to target the one with a circle on it's head for some sort of crowd control. And every time you need to go back to crowd control that target you want a macro that will switch from your current target to your CC target to recast whatever CC you are assigned.

If this assumption is correct, you can simply set the "circle" target as your focus by typing /focus. It will being up another unitframe as your focus target.

Then make a macro that says the following:

/cast [target=focus] Crowd Control

Obviously replace the words Crowd Control with whatever spell you wish to use.

There are more complicated focus macro's available, but this is by far the simplest one and the easiest to understand.

And obviously if my assumption is wrong, then I hope I've at least helped someone else out.