Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: New Frost Lotus Drop Rate

meh im not in the game to make money. I make flasks for myself and guildies. In turn they provide stuff for me. What the heck do I need to make money for?

It is so easy to make money on just vendor trash now a days with little or no effort. Big whoop.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

lol main page of mmo champion
    Freindship is like peeing yourself, Others can see it but only you get the warmth that it brings.
    ______

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&cn=Spooked

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elude
    Not being a smarta$$ here, but where is this source at?
    The home page of MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by Elude
    Not being a smarta$$ here, but where is this source at?
    the front page of mmochamp....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    The home page of MMO-C.
    Sorry just got back from lunch , and i guess they updated it since i looked last /facepalm my bad

In any case what i ment when i started this post was not just because of lower prices but because every single herba is gonna be competing with each other for herbs and ppl with better latency/fps/epic mounts are gonna be ZOMGWTFGIEFGOLDPLZ.

Freindship is like peeing yourself, Others can see it but only you get the warmth that it brings.
    ______

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&cn=Spooked

could they also increase how many titanium ore depisits are around? the farmers get to them 1st making it harder to find ore not on the AH you can litterally go weeks without seeing 1 ore anywhere...yet? the AH is constantly full of it.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    On my server frost lotus is nearly 70g and flasks are less than 40, so clearly there is a shortage.
    ^

This

Also on my server they are 80g each. That is just .... crazy.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Being Herb/Alchemist on my main, i have to say that i am happy about the change. I usually try to farm enough

frost lotus and herbs for the guild to have flasks for each 25 man raid we do per week so this will make things

much easier on me personally. Hopefully dropping the price on the AH from 80g per to hopefully around 35-40g.

So i guess I chose a great time to power level alch on my Pali this week..... wtb Frost Lotus. 5g each pst!

Sig by: khatsoo

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    There are people who actually get epic gems from titanium?

Please Blizzard, DO buff Titanium prospecting so it doesn't feel like a complete and utter waste.
    I would advise anyone NOT to prospect Titanium, obviously depending on server prices (325g per stack of Titanium Ore on mine), as the 4% chance of getting an uncut gem that goes for about 120g is too risky compared to keeping the ore and selling it in a stack.
    Just my 2 pence but again, it all depends on your server.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

15+ Year Old Account

I did the math on it the other day, trying to see which would be cheaper, buying mats or buying the flask. (Before the buff)

On rage and stoneblood I would LOSE 10g by buying the mats, as apposed to buying the actual flask.

Frostwyrm I would save 75 silver by buying mats.

Mojo I would save 10gold by buying mats.

Granted, this isn't counting procs, but still.

In This Thread: People that think the Frost Lotus droprate is now 55% and not 7.5%.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeyne
    In This Thread: People that think the Frost Lotus droprate is now 55% and not 7.5%.
    This.

It's not a flat 50% boost. It's a boost of 50% to the current drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked
    WOW higher drop rate on frost lotus...which means every man and his dog will be out farming and ninjaing herbs. flasks will go down in price... say goodbye to making money herb/elixier masters
    50% increase does not mean every other herb you get a frost lotus. For most herbs that means an increase from 5% to 7.5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked
    WOW higher drop rate on frost lotus...which means every man and his dog will be out farming and ninjaing herbs. flasks will go down in price... say goodbye to making money herb/elixier masters
    This kind of propeganda is what causes freakouts in wow.
    No farming wont get crazy and money making wont die.

You have no idea what your talking about. the drop of Frost lotus rate plumited int he past few patches. about when 3.3 came out. where 20frost in a few hours were possible its dropped to 2-3 a few hours. right now i can get 8-12 a day herbalising its not going to double or triple. it will go up 50% so if i get 8 i have a chance at 4 more if im lucky. right now Frost lotus sit at 95-120g a piece. when two months ago you could pick them up for 35-40g. and could go herb 20stack in a few hours.

So in sumation we are just now getting back to normal from a nerf.

It's a LOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    cause (on my server) 2 flask cost 70-80g and a frost lotus is 75-90g (depending on what day of the week) which makes them not worth buying for the stat gain you get. most (and by most I mean all but like 3 people) don't flask in raid anymore due to the cost of flasks compared to stat gain and those that do flask are the herb/alch and most of the time they dont flask cuase they sell them.

no one in the gorup is poor or anything, just no one is going to spend almost 100g for 2 hours of 180 more ap (which translate into a somewhat small dps gain, on my ret pally its not even 300dps and our mut rogue doesn't even notice a difference in his dps when he is compared to non flasked) or 45 mp5 or 125 sp. the fact is with current gearing, the stat gain from the flask isnt a big enough boost in performance to warrant the price seen on 95% of all servers which is why blizz is increasing the drop rate, not because "ZOMG HERBZ MAKEIN TWO MUCH MONEYZ!!!" or something

edit: I also agree with buffing titanium prospecting, as it is its more profitable/useful for me to smelt any titanium I get rather than prospect it (pally is a jc/engineer and I have a lvl 80 alt with 450 mining) as I've gone through 10 stacks of titanium ore before (40 prospects) and not gotten a single epic gem which I could have smelted and sold/used for better things than the 15 dark jade I got.
    Doesn't give a DPS increase? Oh ok, yeah, let us not put talent points in then. You know, because a 3% DPS increase is pretty worthless. That is glyph of arcane blast. A measly 3% increase to the debuff we get. In every serious raid I am in, it is required to flask and get buffs. If you translate that to 25 people, you get a lot better results. Or even raiding to get that new piece of gear that gives 30 spell power. Jeez, what a waste that is.

Not so much money then anymore in farming these like crazy.. I usually get 20+ each day I am farming anyway

//Fonsie

Quote Originally Posted by Xevec
    Doesn't give a DPS increase? Oh ok, yeah, let us not put talent points in then. You know, because a 3% DPS increase is pretty worthless. That is glyph of arcane blast. A measly 3% increase to the debuff we get. In every serious raid I am in, it is required to flask and get buffs. If you translate that to 25 people, you get a lot better results. Or even raiding to get that new piece of gear that gives 30 spell power. Jeez, what a waste that is.
    well since you are incapable of reading let me make it REALLY clear so even someone like you can understand

gems = permanent upgrade (ie they don't wear off)
    gear = permanent upgrade
    glyphs = permament upgrade
    talents = permanent upgrade
    enchants = " " (minus proc based enchants like black magic but math can give what the effective "constant" upgrade it gives)

flask = not even a 1 hour upgrade (you don't fight the boss for the entire hour) of 180ap/45mp5/125sp for 50g. and the dps increase it does provide (for me on average 200-150dps which is 2.5% or less, 300dps is the best case senario) isn't worth the money you spend.

a gem (which you can get for free to VERY low cost if you know a JC and have extra triumph badges, and who doesnt). gear doesn't cost you money, glyphs aren't anymore than 15g, talents are free, enchants are the most expensive thing on the market atm but even then they provide a permanent upgrade and they arent expensive.

sorry if I believe in being a smart consumer and not just pissing money away on short buff that has no real impact on weather a boss dies or not or whether I run oom or what have you.