Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: New Frost Lotus Drop Rate

Lets do some math. If everyone flasks and gets a 200 dps increase (Your number), assuming 15 dps in a 25 man raid thats a 3000 dps increase. 3000 dps over a 5 min fight - which is a very short fight compared to most in ICC - comes out to be 900,000 damage. How many times have you wiped with a boss having under a million health left? How is 900,000 extra damage done in 5 minutes not worth 40g per raider?
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

Quote Originally Posted by volescue
    50% increase does not mean every other herb you get a frost lotus. For most herbs that means an increase from 5% to 7.5%.
    It also means that if you herb the same amount of time, you will get 50% more frost lotuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Larivas
    Lets do some math. If everyone flasks and gets a 200 dps increase (Your number), assuming 15 dps in a 25 man raid thats a 3000 dps increase. 3000 dps over a 5 min fight - which is a very short fight compared to most in ICC - comes out to be 900,000 damage. How many times have you wiped with a boss having under a million health left? How is 900,000 extra damage done in 5 minutes not worth 40g per raider?
    I will agree with Larivas here. All serious progression guilds use flasks, buffs, and other things. If you speak of things not permenant, then there is no point to use buffs. You know, kings, wisdom, totems, etc. These things are temporary. And yes, they do cost money(reagents?) Many people go way out of their way for 2% DPS increases.

But in relation to frost lotus, on my server, it is cheaper buying flasks than the mats. It has always been like that for the longest time. Increasing the drop rate won't harm herbalist's method of making money.

Enchants don't need to be expensive either, it's called farming the mats.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

i'm a herby alch on my main toon i dont see what the big deal is i fly around WG for 2hours (full pvp gear) and i pick up 5-6 FL easy make my flask i'm happy.

This is good news tbh... less time wasted fixing myself flasks for raids (yes, Im lazy - I make my gold with emblems of triumph - go figure how lol). And ofc 7.5% aint a drama at all, id even buff it up to 10% total tbh.
    Another thing is I recently went tank on my druid so dropped herbing for JC.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm actually thankful for this slight increase. I've been farming for about an hour to 2 a day and only been getting at least 2. This was a needed fix. Now I can spend less time farming, more on stuff that actually matters in my life.

The best thing I heard in a while! now i can hang back and be lazy and not work so much to get alchemists to make flasks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axis
    I was drunk off my head once, and decided, (as you do), to challenge God to a fight.
    At that moment, it started raining heavily.

I learnt my lesson.
    What is a monster? Someone frightening the mob? Someone playing god? Or someone too scared to understand?

What really makes me wonder is whether the price of Lichbloom will jumb in the first week (as lotus becomes more abundant and thus people will want to make more flasks) and then eventually go back down in pirce.....
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Well considering that the flask prices have more than doubled since the new patch release, I think this needed to happen.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Say hello to more affordable raiding.