15+ Year Old Account

Choice of chest?

Hi gusy!

I've got 110 frost emblems atm and I need a new chest. I've been checking the forums quite a bit but all I can see is to pretty much avoid the set bonuses from t10, which I can agree with.

Cut to the chase.. WHICH one of the 2 other frost emblem chests would YOU buy to wear, as a holy priest?

This is my armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...sse&gn=Carrion

I will lose a lot of haste if I choose the +spirit chest. But I lose 70Mp5 OutOfCombat if I go for the +haste chest.

Hard decision and I would love some thoughts and feedback around that choice.

Thanks in advance!

/Emo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Welcome to your first expension to an MMO, ever. While there were issues, it was a smooth launch, more or less.

If this WASN'T your first expansion to an MMO, please wait patiently while I look for nice and sturdy palm tree to ram your face against.

Re: Choice of chest?

I personally chose for the Ermine Coronation Robes. My Haste is a bit on the low side, I admit, but I prefer Spirit over Haste (and that's really the main choice between them, as all other stats are roughly the same). My personal healing style is mainly focused around Serendipity, so I use a lot of Flash Heals and the occasional Greater Heal / Prayer of Healing to go along with it. Haste doesn't have as much of an impact there, as I am already close to the GCD there, while Spirit adds mana regen (both in and out of the 5SR) and a bit of Spell power. As such, my choice for Spirit over Haste.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha
    I personally chose for the Ermine Coronation Robes. My Haste is a bit on the low side, I admit, but I prefer Spirit over Haste (and that's really the main choice between them, as all other stats are roughly the same). My personal healing style is mainly focused around Serendipity, so I use a lot of Flash Heals and the occasional Greater Heal / Prayer of Healing to go along with it. Haste doesn't have as much of an impact there, as I am already close to the GCD there, while Spirit adds mana regen (both in and out of the 5SR) and a bit of Spell power. As such, my choice for Spirit over Haste.
    Ehm, "Serendipity" doesn't lower the GCD? It lowers the cast time of Gheal and PoH. So stacking haste is great. But if you heal a lot with flash heal, haste will do wonders for you by lowering the cast time a lot + lowering the GCD.
    Welcome to your first expension to an MMO, ever. While there were issues, it was a smooth launch, more or less.

If this WASN'T your first expansion to an MMO, please wait patiently while I look for nice and sturdy palm tree to ram your face against.

Its a hard decision but ultimately I went for the spirit + crit chest piece over the crit + haste one.

Haste is a good stat I agree, but there are many other slots and sockets you could get haste from. It is always reccomended to have between 20-25% crit and thus the Spi + crit chest piece shouldn't be looked down upon too much, you have to get your crit from somehwere so why not there?

Also with 3 sockets, you could easly get 20-60 haste there if it is very important for you.

Thats my opinion anyway. :-)

None.
    Sanguine Silk Robes are better than any of them.

Buy something else.
    Belt.
    Trinket.
    Tier Gloves.

Revitalize is correct, if you are in a guild which can kill Blood Prince Council on 25 man.

I say this because my own guild only does 10 mans.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon
    Its a hard decision but ultimately I went for the spirit + crit chest piece over the crit + haste one.

Haste is a good stat I agree, but there are many other slots and sockets you could get haste from. It is always reccomended to have between 20-25% crit and thus the Spi + crit chest piece shouldn't be looked down upon too much, you have to get your crit from somehwere so why not there?

Also with 3 sockets, you could easly get 20-60 haste there if it is very important for you.

Thats my opinion anyway. :-)

I'm at 24.27% crit atm unbuffed. Which is pretty close to the 25%ish. I'm also at 692 haste or something which I like a lot.

To Revitalize: I have the trinket and a quite nice belt already. Also have the t9,5 gloves together with my shoulders to get the 2pc bonus. Getting rid of such an awesome bonus would be such a failure.

It would be nice if you checked armory before posting. But thanks anyway for your (in some way, I guess) constructive post.

Quote Originally Posted by Emokisse

I'm at 24.27% crit atm unbuffed. Which is pretty close to the 25%ish. I'm also at 692 haste or something which I like a lot.

To Revitalize: I have the trinket and a quite nice belt already. Also have the t9,5 gloves together with my shoulders to get the 2pc bonus. Getting rid of such an awesome bonus would be such a failure.

It would be nice if you checked armory before posting. But thanks anyway for your (in some way, I guess) constructive post.
    I did check your armory.
    2 Piece isn't that great.
    Most of it is overhealed.
    Also, the 25% crit is based on raid buffed.
    I personally have 20% crit unbuffed, 950 haste unbuffed.

Losing 74 haste is pretty detrimental, specially at your current hast at the moment.
    If you really want a chestpiece from badges, Id suggest Meteor Chaser's Rainments.

But being a holy priest is all about balance.
    You get the crit/spirit chest, you lose haste.
    You get the haste/crit chest, you lose spirit.

To be honest, you're fine with what you have.

There isn't much to get with badges in all honesty.
    Im already turning mine in to sell saronite.

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah I bought the belt which was a small upgrade but still an upgrade. Planning on nagging the ToGC25 chest from beasts anyway while aiming for the Sanguine robe. That chest is reaaally good imo. So that's how it will be.

Now I will buy saronite from now on.

What's "enough" haste for you guys? I guess 700+ is ok. But is there a number which is "too much" ?

Thanks!!

/Emo

Edit: Do you think you guys can toss a link to your characters? Nice to watch other people's priests.

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone...ame=Revitalize
    I link WoW-Heroes mainly because I logged out in my discipline gear on live realms.

I like haste.
    But I like balance at the same time.
    Haste is a very useful throughput stat.
    It's all personal preference how much haste you want.
    But I always want at least more than 750 haste.

Meteor Chaser's Rainment.

You've enough mana regen for anything you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    None.
    Sanguine Silk Robes are better than any of them.

Buy something else.
    Belt.
    Trinket.
    Tier Gloves.
    Mr. Trinket Proc is correct. Thread over.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Quote Originally Posted by Emokisse
    Ehm, "Serendipity" doesn't lower the GCD? It lowers the cast time of Gheal and PoH. So stacking haste is great. But if you heal a lot with flash heal, haste will do wonders for you by lowering the cast time a lot + lowering the GCD.
    Ehh, yeah, I meant that it lowers the cast time on GHeal and PoH; I hardly ever cast those without Serendipity not at least at 2 stacks, preferably at 3. With 3 stacks, cast time is like 1.5 seconds on both spells.

My Haste rating is at 473 unbuffed at the moment; not exactly where I want it, especially since my Crit seems on the high side (604 unbuffed, putting me at 27,92% crit talented, but unbuffed). But my FH cast time is like 1.3 seconds or so, which has suited my needs so far. I am more worried about draining my mana reserve even faster than I do now, if I'd get more haste. As it is, I mostly do 10-mans and my guild is lacking in classes able to do Replenishment. So I have to make choices there. Spirit wins - for now.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha
    Ehh, yeah, I meant that it lowers the cast time on GHeal and PoH; I hardly ever cast those without Serendipity not at least at 2 stacks, preferably at 3. With 3 stacks, cast time is like 1.5 seconds on both spells.
    As long as you know when the big damage is coming, the stack does not matter as you can time it regardless. You could (should) argue that having less time to wait (to time) allows you an extra global CD of healing rather than going with stack numbers (as sometimes you aren't spam healing the raid, e.g Festergut at 2-3 stacks but preparing for his AoE after the third stack doesn't require Serendipidy).