Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: The hardest boss of any video game?

Final Fantasy 10 : Penance
    Without using Yojimbo's Zanmato.
    Had all characters i used almost maxed out stats and took me almost 1 hour to kill him.

Final Fantasy 7 : Ultimate weapons
    Insane difficulty level

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Penance was fun. I ended up just maxing everyone and Quick Hit x100000, summon an aeon to eat anything that would kill me. Took me like 30min. Quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonixis
    The swastika is a common symbol in Hindu and Buddhism amongst other asian religions, and is oftena associated with the sun. It has nothing to do with the Nazi regime but the fact that they used it as their symbol...
    Yea I know ._. It's most commonly associated with the nazi regime nowadays tho, don't think many knows how symbols have getting raped through time, like the pentagram etc. For me, and most people who see a swastika, connects it to nazi, so that's where it is funny.

I don't know who's the hardest boss I've played, but I know it must have been a while ago cause all bosses nowadays feel so easy. Had alot to do with me being younger and less experienced, but if I compared games from now and past times I would still consider the old ones harder, generally
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    Jesus...

Absolute Virtue from Final Fantasy XI

A fight that could take nearly as long as 24 hours.

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2008/08/...hours-and-fail

15+ Year Old Account

I hated Seymore III in FFX. Has two turns for every one of yours
    Zombie+Full life=your dead

Quote Originally Posted by Kuenai

I remember reading the Blue Gartr Linkshell's forums when the first real AV progress took place. It was basically a chatroom. Every refresh of the page would be a new post with live updates from those killing it.

I went to bed after a while, and when I woke up they were still fighting it. They eventually got it to like, 30% or something (throwing out a random number there) and then he healed himself to full. And then everybody killed themselves IRL.

At least AV has been killed though. Pandemonium Warden has yet to be killed as far as I know. Last I heard people fought it for like 18 hours and it went through so many forms that they eventually gave up. When your boss fight has like, 20 phases... You've gone a little overboard.
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

Quote Originally Posted by Kuenai

The hardest part is staying awake!
    We all need a tune to wipe to. I personally enjoy the sound of my teams' own screams.

Deleted

I have played through FF8 quite a few times, because - well, i have it for PC and only recently bought a used PS2. I remember that the final boss (the name eludes me at the moment) was rather easy if you go for him in the level that you are at the end of the game (40-50, i believe). However, if you level to 99 with your characters, the boss will level likewise, and when your abilities are capped at 9999 damage, the boss just gets way too hard to handle.

The Lingering Sentiment in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+
    A pain the arse!

Quote Originally Posted by Xemnas
    A pain the arse!
    Not hard, annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.

I was one of the many people to be stuck on Demon Wall in FF7 with a worthless Aeris.

In FF8, the first time I played through I got Diablos's Encounter-None ability and so never really leveled (I was seriously at around level 20 fighting Ultimecia). It was a piece of cake. A few months ago I tried playing through again while actually leveling and gathering magics and doing sidequests. Tried to get Eden and was decimated over and over because it was so much harder at a higher level. Ultimecia was epicly difficult. It ended up being a spam fest of Selphie's limit break putting Aura on everyone and then Zell, Squall, and her using Limit Break after Limit Break to whittle down her ridiculous HP.

I never beat Ozma in FF9 (the optional boss in Chocobo's Sky Garden). I don't think I'll ever be able to.

In FF10, I hated the Seymour fight at the top of Gagazet because he was stupidly hard on my first playthrough and you have to sit through that ridiculously long cutscene right before.

90% of optional bosses in FFX-2 (there are many) are insanely hard and unfair. Hell, even normal enemies are insanely hard in places. That game caused an infinite amount of frustration.

FFXII had some hard end-game stuff, but nothing that compares to its predecessors.

As someone else said, Sephiroth in the original Kingdom Hearts is pretty difficult, especially on the hardest difficulty. Very fun boss fights in that game though. In the sequel Sephiroth is still pretty hard but everything in the game seemed to be quite a bit easier than the original.

I had problems with Gary as Pokémon Champ in the original games. What a punk, letting the Elite Four weaken you and then picking on you at the end as a surprise. Jerk.

I don't really think of myself as a Square fanboy, but they do produce some pretty hard boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemnas
    A pain the arse!
    this is so true

I got one

Yellow devil from megaman 1

Bospider from megaman x1

Can't for the life of me beat either of them
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

Hmm...Don't play many games of these types...But I would have to say...

The Omega Pirate in Metriod prime took me a few (3?) tries. I hated him! But the funny thing was I defeated Meta ridley in one go on the same day :

Haha, good times when I really sucked at games...I still suck a bit at platform games for some reason

10+ Year Old Account

The Dark Aeons in FFX-2. Any of them, really, but especially Yojimbo. Zanmato = YAY the whole party almost always gets one shotted.

And yes, Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts.

As far as FF8, I never found Ultimecia to be all that hard. *shrug* Doomtrain smacked her with the only status debuffs she WAS vulnerable to, and I like Doomtrain anyway. =D
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted

hmm

its hard for me to say.. i havnt played every single game in the whole world :P

but the toughest game i've ever played is ninja gaiden sigma on my ps3. (on the hardest difficulty ofc)

anyways, i guess is most games have been completed by their creators before they are released...

[ur=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg5JNL99308l]Dracula from IWBTG[/url]

Death by cut scene at ~38 seconds in, ~55 seconds in for the actual fight. This guy makes it look easy because its a kill shot, but trust me, this is easily the hardest game ever. The tiniest thing will kill you in 1 hit and its back to start (like a wine glass).
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear without realizing the Controller trick! "I CAN READ YOUR MIND"

Duriel on Hardmode in Diablo 2 as a melee character with not enough Health Pots >< "Looking for BAAL?"

Im sure there are others that rate as crazy.

how bout the original kt? or original kj(not nerfed)