Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Your worst experiences with the Dungeon Tool

My buddy and I got stuck with a pally tank in ToC a while ago... He goes afk as soon as he gets in, which was a bit irritating, though did not even compare to what happened on the faction boss people.

Pally tank pulls, and since I'm the healer I usually try to be nice and heal the tank. In the span of the time it took for me to cast sacred shield, beacon of light and ONE flash of light I pulled aggro on the shaman and warrior and it seemed as if the tank did not even know. He just stood there auto-attacking the mage while the other 2 mobs were beating the hell out of me, and after a few more seconds I had aggro on the mage too. People are yelling and screaming and going berserk, and this guy says NOTHING until after we all die... then he goes "sorry i just got off work" ..............whaaaaaat???

He wasn't terribly geared, he just sucked ass. The dude was using wisdom as his tanking seal and blessed himself with might. He also apparently had no knowledge of what a "taunt" was, or that it was good to use consecration as a tank. Believe it or not we managed to teach him how to tank with only 2 more wipes on the faction peoples and finished the run cleanly lol XD

My probably worst and definetely most recent experience was in regular DTK. So I zone in and there is me(pally tank), an arms warrior, and 3 guys from the same guild(priest,rogue,shammy). I notice that the priest healer and rogue are level 80 so I think, "Sweet, quick XP and loot run".So everything goes smoothly until the T-rex boss. That is where the elder for the lunar festival event is(this was last night so during the lunar festival). I do a ready check and everyone is ready so I pull and about 30 seconds into the fight, everyone except the warrior and I leave.Needless to say, we wiped. Now I know that they probably left because they only need the elder, but still, c'mon at least give some warning or wait till after the fight.It didn't end there though. We got three more people(all from the same guild, go figure) and the hunter doesn't have a pet out and is doing like 200 DPS his DK friend isn't doing much better. So of course I mention it when we wipe on the lich boss(yes he is before the T-rex one, but the 80 rogue said to skip it because he bugs out and goes under some sort of shield.This is part of the mechanic, although thus was my first time in the dungeon so I didnt know). The healer goes on a rampage when I mention his friends' DPS and quits. His guildies follow. After that it went pretty smoothly, but still a pretty bad dungeon run.

Never piss off your healer.

This one just happened 30 minutes ago. Got into H-HoL. I pop heroism on the first boss. Smartass DPS warrior from Frostmane says "you just popped heroism on that? LOL!". Yeah, I did, so I can use it again later on di*kweed. I didn't say anything though and I didn't heal him as well as I was before. We get pass the 2nd boss and into the pit. I knew the mobs do WW and it was the perfect time to let him die. He does and he goes off on the tank, calling him special ed and using profanity about mispulling. I whisper the tank that I let him die. As soon as the time debuff wore off, kick came up for the warrior and it passed It was probably started by the tank. We got another DPS and summoned him with the warlock in group, then pulled Loken.

So go ahead and open a fresh mouth. If you're DPS, your butt will be teleporting outta the dungeon.

Always nice to see people joining and when they are in going afk for 10 / 15 min.....

well could post lots of bad experiance with the lfg system but some is just hillarious, was on my mage the other night and ended up in a UK hc when i noticed the priest only buffed him self and the tank with stam, so i just had to ask him why, his reply is just...

[04:31:50] [P] [80:Becel]: why only buff ur self and the tank with stam?
    [04:32:02] [DG] [80arkminded-Ravencrest]: no1 else benefits from stam
    [04:32:07] [P] [80:Becel]: ...
    [04:32:14] [P] [80:Becel]: LOL
    i want a nub filter for the lfg system :/

After being safe of bastards and the like I did end up with a bad experience today. I did a random hc and we got vh. So one dps (the leader) is afk and stays afk for the entire run. Another dps leaves, which we can't replace since the afk mage (who can't be kicked) is the leader. So we ended up 3-manning it untill portal 16 or 17, then we got 2 new dps.
    I just wonder why people are simply this annoying, didn't they have any form of social education?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by lanceb
    well could post lots of bad experiance with the lfg system but some is just hillarious, was on my mage the other night and ended up in a UK hc when i noticed the priest only buffed him self and the tank with stam, so i just had to ask him why, his reply is just...

i want a nub filter for the lfg system :/
    You will be pleased to know that it exists! Its called Ignore function, and you can find it near your friend list tab.
    Ignore the player you dont wanna group with, and thats it.

Still, you need to play with them once, but hey! Better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpttrips
    THAT being said when i run my alt lvl 60 and get a DK tank i die a little on the inside.......havent seen a decent one yet and has always ended in the group disbanding.
    My tank nr 3 is being leveled right now. Deathknight got him a blood and a frost tankspec and it works really weell in dungeons so far.
    But one thing i noticed: there are two types of dps player
    • - hrmm?? loldpsbam!
    • - oh its a dk, i should wait a second before attacking

The thing is: that is completely right. give the dk 3 seconds to get his deseases spread and everything is fine. But why i ask are some people waiting? do they really know about that or is it "oh, dks are bad, i have to wait!"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

tankadin alt's adventures ep II: looking for the black heart
    after having succesfully retrieved the essence of gossamer this morning, i queue for ToC to try to get my precious ^^
    a hunt in the group, before i launch the event he says he wants to tank... i'm quite puzzled, but since ToC normal is so easy, i think we might give it a try. the mounted event goes smoothly, but the hunt d/c right after :/. champions successfully 4manned, i relaunch the thing to get a fifth man, telling "we'll do the trashs while waiting for the fifth to arrive".
    a few seconds after pulling the first pack, the healer leaves -_-
    after finishing the first pack, i re-re-launch the queue to fill the group. the boomkin says "i'll be healing while we wait for others to arrive"
    i pull the second pack, the other dps leaves -_-
    after having 2manned the pack, i queue up (again)... a few minutes pass by, nothing happens, me and the boomkin both leave the group.

i queue up again, end up with the same healer as before, and that sucker leaves as soon as we loot the champions... meaning he did leave before not because we were short handed, but because he obviously wanted something on the first boss and did not get it... yet things did not go as bad, healer arrived quite fast, second and third boss died in a flash, but no precious :'(
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Queued up for a random heroic and ended up getting heroic halls of reflection...I cringed, but prayed I would be lucky enough to get a decent group. We start up the event, I notice the tank is still standing at the entrance and says "sorry, never done this before" and leaves.

Great. We queue up again, hoping to get a new tank, but none of us were prepared for what we got as a result. The new tank showed up, and I was immediately confused; he was wearing full t6 tanking gear, wielding http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32375 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32837. I question his gear and he immediately responds by linking his 25 man TOGC anub kill. By this time the event had started again and he charges into the running mobs and dies faster than the healer can actually heal him.

We tried this several times with this tank, but each time he simply took too much damage and we wiped. I left soon after, frustrated and confused on how he was actually able to queue up and get that instance with that gear level.

Earlier today I did a H UK with a healer RL friend of mine. It ended up taking 30 minutes because I ended up doing 55% of the groups total damage. Keep in mind this group was composed of me (ret) 3 DK's and my healer friend. Not terrible, but sad that the group makeup was as it was, and that I ended up doing more damage than the other 3 combined.

I wouldn't call this a bad experience just funny. Did a H HoS with another ret paly. He didn't buff kings on us because I had already buffed might and (Might and Kings don't stack), he was wearing a mix of SP leather, healing mail and dps plate. He was using Seal of Light, and when I finally told him to change his seal, he cancelled SoL and never put a new one on. I just don't understand how some people are so bad.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrea
    We tried this several times with this tank, but each time he simply took too much damage and we wiped. I left soon after, frustrated and confused on how he was actually able to queue up and get that instance with that gear level.
    Dungeon finder doesn't check the currently equipped gear but some how factors in other possible gear. The situation Blizzard was using for their example was that using fishing or other similar gear wouldn't affect your ability to get an instance. From other posts I've seen it seems to work like the the superior or epic achievements do and once you've equipped a piece with iLevel x it uses that for it's gear calculations until you equip something better.

I am a dps, waited the 15 minute queue time and got into a HoL. They were from a top guild on a US server and I thought this should be cake. They didnt heal any aoe damage that i took and let me die. After I ran back, they let me die again. Then before Loken they kicked me for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX
    I'm going to try and say this as gently but directly as possible so appologies in advance if I offend you.

* Tanks at level 70 in black temple had 20k health.
    * All tanks should be defense capped or as close as they can get to it for raid content.

I would highly recommend trying to get to at least 25-30k unbuffed health, and 540 defense skill / 689 defense rating, before tanking ToC 10-man.

In my case I'd say "I'll get my tank, he can go dps" and keep you in the group but I can understand the dps wanting to leave if they saw a tank with those stats. They may be fine for heroics but you need to remember that while gear is very easy to get now ToC 10-man is 3-4 tiers above heroics.

Good luck in future tanking once your gear improves.
    Tanks in BT had about 16k hp, where do you get this 20k number from? You do know that druids aren't the only tanks, right?

Everyone with ICC gear that does 2k dps. Blow it out your ass.

Just got finished with the worst instance I can recall having.

Heroic nexus for the random on my warlock. He's my alt so he's not well geared but he is solidly badge geared and has gotten lucky on the 264 pants in VoA. I check the group and the tank is a DK with a mix of iLevel 200 and 219 epics mostly. I figure, ok, I out gear him somewhat so I'll have to be a bit careful on my aggro. First pull I open up an nearly pull aggro on the single mob and my rankwatch goes off that he's not using the max rank howling blast. It also goes of on everything the hunter dps in the group from the same guild does other than autoshot. Continue along and get to the first extra boss in the ice block. He doesn't pull him back at all and isn't able to hold aggro on the 2 clerics over the first heal or 2 from the pally. We wipe and run back. Looking back I should have just bailed at this point. It wouldn't have been faster than staying in the instance but it would have been close and sure would have been more fun sitting in dalaran doing nothing waiting for the debuff to wear off and queue up again.

We try again and manage to kill the boss but the tank still doesn't hold aggro on the adds at all and I die. Since i'm doing about as much dps as the other 2 dps and the tank combined it takes forever to kill him.

We continue on with more of the same. He doesn't even come close to holding aggro on the next boss when she splits but we still manage to kill her on the first try with out any deaths. After that he has to go repair for some unknown reason.

By this point I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I better be able to solo something before it gets to me if I'm going to attack it. I start assisting the hunter since, even tho his dps is barely breaking 1k, he is pulling aggro too and it's easier to blow stuff up that way.

Anomalus isn't too bad since I'm spending as much time as I can blowing up the voids. Can't pull aggro on them =)

Manage to get to Ormorok the Tree-Shaper and slowly kill him. Both the other dps died and I only lived because of extended times not doing dps to watch my aggro.

Get to Keristrasza and the tank triggers the last orb. The Hunter immediately pulls aggro and I end up with aggro after the hunter dies from just casting Immolate and conflag. I soul shatter and manage to drop aggro and slowly dps to avoid pulling aggro again but the tank ends up dying near the end, pretty sure he wasn't moving to reset the debuff. I die and then the shaman. Shaman pops back up, the second time as enhance so it's been 30 minutes, and manages to kill him as the only one left standing.

I was so glad to be done with that.

I was just getting into Ironforge on my 32 Drae Warrior (back in 3.1, methinks) when a random priest whispered me, asking if I'd tank Gnomer for them. As I'd just picked up a few quests for it, I decided to go ahead and do it rather than continue to speedlevel solo. The priest didn't toss me lead when I asked, but I shrugged it off. No big deal. :d The real problem, though, was the two hunters (they acted in unison) we had.

And I quote one of these hunters, "Don't tank i got this".

I attempted to keep tanking, but whenever I attacked or aggro'd something, the hunters would instead change targets to something we hadn't pulled yet. And if I dared taunt off them, they went on to pull something else instead. I couldn't even just pretend to be dps and smack things without them running off. So, after frownie-facing in party chat about me not being allowed to tank, I proceeded to sit in the back, doing absolutely nothing for a good while. The priest told me to start tanking again, to which the hunters both said, 'No, he's fine'. I tossed some more /cry, among other things. Then out of nowhere, lead was passed to the warlock who had not said a word the whole time, who proceeded to kick me. The priest whispered me, asking why I left, so I explained that the lock kicked me. Even though the lead went back to the priest, who didn't understand why I was kicked in the first place, I never got reinvited. The lock sent me a whisper half an hour later, 'you were a good tank, though. sorry about the bad luck'.

pretty horrible failure group

i didn't check all their gear, but it felt like they were all in like 187-200 item level junk. POST-nerf, wiped on the trash up to Jedoga Shadowseeker in OK (they stood in the fire...constantly) AS THE TANK i had to use a brez and innervate on the dead healer on the tentacle boss. they were so bad, a dps died every single pull, and i resorted to something i thought unnecessary in heroics now: careful pulling and going over in excessive detail the strategies on each boss fight. *shiver*. :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX
    From the warrior tank and paladin tank who were in my BT runs. Both of them had roughly 20k health as I remember it (or damn close). It was definitely more than 16k.
    Fully raid buffed maybe.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    Fully raid buffed maybe.
    A raid buffed prot pala / prot warr could get to 21k easily (no BiS gear ofc)