Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've run a full swing of super bad to super good.

Worst one recently was a boomkin (who queued as the tank) and holy pally in H VH. Both superbly geared and me and my two friends, on our alts, not so well. We're pulling 4k dps, which isnt terrible, but the boomkin decides its time to start bad mouthing people. Paladin of course plays along with the boomkin in bad mouthin. Well lucky us we get erekem. /w 2 friends kill the adds first then don't touch the boss. OH SNAP we wiped. I proceeded to the oh damn how did that happen game. Paladin gave some excuse for not being able to keep the boomkin alive while it was obvious he wouldn't have survived (i've seen 40k hp tank nearly bite the bullet on him). I payed my friends repair bills but it was worth it and then some. Gonna play the role of jerk? Fine, its about to be your waste of time.
    That thing that mark twain said about opening your mouth was merely a setback!

Quote Originally Posted by vazar-da-priest View Post
    i dont blame him.

21k hp for a tank IS NOT enough for random heroics

i /facepalm at you
    Please, for the love of god, tell me you are joking.

I remember doing Naxxramas with tanks that had 24-27k fully raid buffed HP.

If you can't take a heroic with a 21k HP you are fail as fuck.

i dont blame him.

i /facepalm at you
    fun fact naxx was cleared by people in lvl 70 gear when wrath came out

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

speaking first as a healer who did heroics back during naxx when 200's or lower were common, and second as a tank who didn't bother doing heroics until toc and was well overgeared when starting to tank randoms...

a 20-lowk hp tank is just fine to tank anything below toc5, perhaps more if you know how to play your class. just please have enough defense to be capped for a level 82 mob, the highest you'll meet in a heroic, which is significantly less def than needed to cap for 83 raidbosses. don't turn your back to the mobs, keep aggro, and that'll do, pig.

i routinely strip half my gear off down to a 3k gearscore when healing heroics just for poopies and giggles, and i don't bat an eye at a 21k health tank that knows what he's doing. anyone complaining too loudly at you after having met these requirements is being too picky.

Mine was probably right after it came out and everyone was stuffed to the hilt in the new IC 5 mans, I had been running the Forge of Souls since everything started trying to get a Needle-Encrusted Scorpion for ICC, generally just gearing up every which way I could for my first jump into 10 man. I had been doing randoms over and over and repeatedly got into FoS with no Scorpion.

After about a dozen randoms I got into my third FoS, it was a group of people who knew each other, and everyone was friendly, we had a great time, as time goes on everything is going swimmingly, one of them gets a piece of loot they had wanted. Well, we got to the DoS and as he died I ran up and looted, there it was, the Scorpion, the instant I hit need I was kicked from the group and disconnected from the dungeon, dumped back where I was. They had intended to kick me if it dropped so their friend could loot it off of my top-of-the-counter DPS and sweat, it so happens I won it anyway.

That's my worst experience, nasty, blatant treachery and deception.

10+ Year Old Account
    This talk of gear and tanking reminds me of another one. Random H HoL, the pally tank is in blues and greens, but I'm a fairly well-geared disc priest. We can do this, it just might get hairy in a couple of places. Right?

Yeah... then he went and pulled the first boss, on a charged platform, WITH all the trash on that platform. I have never SEEN a paladin die so fast.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I've had a bunch of bad moments in PuGs, but since I hate ranting threads, as popular as they may seem, I'll post here my best experience with PugS!

For what must have been 3 or 4 months I did heroic Utgarde Pinnacle every single day, I considered it a daylie quest, and I did that in the hopes of getting the blue proto drake. I never even saw it drop, but I kept going. One day, I log on my rogue and start my daylie adventure in WoW by hitting a heroic random first thing. After what must have been 2 minutes I was in. I was surprised, usually I have to wait 17 mins and I was already considering myself lucky, guess my reaction when I zone in to find 4 dudes fighting Skadi, who at that point had about half his health down. I swoop in, pop all my CD's and help them kill him and guess what, he dropped the blue proto! I was stunned and kept staring at it for what must have been a whole minute, when I realized I need to roll on it. One of the guys had already rolled 92 so I was already losing my hopes but... I rolled 97! I was so freaking happy I just passed on everything else that dropped after that. XD

Quote Originally Posted by warcrimes View Post
    fun fact naxx was cleared by people in lvl 70 gear when wrath came out
    He's the perfect example of " you need to overgear content to run it", heroics where designed with like a average itemlevel of 187-200 in mind.

DD leaves before skadi fight begins -> new dd joins during the fight -> drake drops -> new dds wins -> new dd has no flight skill -> new dd not online since 84 days :P

Honestly I pretty well gave up on the tool unless we are full guild but 1 person. Entire reason:

Leveling my shammy (mid 60s) got a pally who let the tank die every pull and yelled at him for being squishy. I later asked him why he wasn't using beacon, he said hr put points into it and just expected it to automatically be cast on the? Yank whenever he healed someone else.

That run got followed up by the resto Druid who didn't get wild growth because he didn't think it was worth the talent point....

I've lost all hope in this game. Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    worst one was the other day actually, mind you im a mild mannered kinda guy, very easy goign and kinda just wanna have fun (srs biznis raider, but i really dont give a shit about 5mans) this managed to piss me off. Join a roic nexus and im destroying the dps meters pulling 7.6k on my frost dk, tank says- hey dude can ya chill out lol?- im like- sure dude just trying to get throu it quick but its cool i'll chill- so i pull back a litte go down to like 6k (next guy is pulling 3.3k) tanks says again- hey man can ya plz chill ffs- my responce - srry bro, thought i had ill chill mos- so now im pretty just straight white hitting and spreading diseases, still pulling around 4k. mage pulls agro (the 3.3k dps guy) and the tank goes- DUDE DK FUCKING CHILL MAN!! YOUR MAKING SO I CANT DO MY JOB!!- im say - woah dude dont nerd rage on me, i did chill the mage pulled not me. tank shuts up till next pull, now i sat out of this one and the mage pulls again and the tank flips his shit calling me a bad dk, and blah blah blah, he rants for a good 5min straight about how dks are a cheap class and so on, i wait for him to finish and respond with- you mad bro?. i get kicked, lol saw it coming but couldnt resist the /trollface so i reque and some how got the same fucking grp... idk if you supposed to be able to or not but bam right back with em... tank just goes WTF?!! i loled and the fucker reported me for harassment. so now just to f with the guy i got frost pres and just pull everything. he gets super mad and i think he broke his keyboard because his typing turned into - WTDFE EDUDE I WIKLL RTAPE YOUR DFACE AND SDHIT KON YOUR BARE SKULL!!!- now im lawling my ass off and say in party chat - lolol poor little 12yr old wanna go play ally side? maybe there you wont get your ass kicked by the dps ;D- he reported me for harassment again under the verbal abuse clause, due to the fact i said ass... i was banned for 3days, was mad bro.

---------- Post added 2010-09-16 at 12:56 PM ----------

oh btw happy ending, got my account back today
    Prepare your anus! THE EWOK DAWN COMES FOR YOU ARTHAS!!!

i dont blame him.

i /facepalm at you
    21k hps is plenty assuming a proper spec and the right type of gear. Especially since the rest of the group is likely to out-gear the instance. I recently had a heroic with a pally tank with about 22k hps. It was literally his first heroic. I was healing on my Resto shaman and I was still bored most of the time. The trigger happy warrior died a few times by pulling aggro on packs but the rest of the group was from the same guild so they mostly just gave the warrior crap about pulling aggro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulostthegame View Post
    Miss, Dodge, and Parry are NOT mitigation. Armor and Block are the only mitigation stats.
    Yes, sorry, I meant avoidance. The point was still relevant since it helps both the tank and healer.

Generally, Tanks that arent tanks but think they can tank. wich mainly happened during leveling

Quote Originally Posted by Oshavah View Post
    worst one was the other day actually, mind you im a mild mannered kinda guy, very easy goign and kinda just wanna have fun (srs biznis raider, but i really dont give a shit about 5mans) this managed to piss me off. Join a roic nexus and im destroying the dps meters pulling 7.6k on my frost dk, tank says- hey dude can ya chill out lol?- im like- sure dude just trying to get throu it quick but its cool i'll chill- so i pull back a litte go down to like 6k (next guy is pulling 3.3k) tanks says again- hey man can ya plz chill ffs- my responce - srry bro, thought i had ill chill mos- so now im pretty just straight white hitting and spreading diseases, still pulling around 4k. mage pulls agro (the 3.3k dps guy) and the tank goes- DUDE DK FUCKING CHILL MAN!! YOUR MAKING SO I CANT DO MY JOB!!- im say - woah dude dont nerd rage on me, i did chill the mage pulled not me. tank shuts up till next pull, now i sat out of this one and the mage pulls again and the tank flips his shit calling me a bad dk, and blah blah blah, he rants for a good 5min straight about how dks are a cheap class and so on, i wait for him to finish and respond with- you mad bro?. i get kicked, lol saw it coming but couldnt resist the /trollface so i reque and some how got the same fucking grp... idk if you supposed to be able to or not but bam right back with em... tank just goes WTF?!! i loled and the fucker reported me for harassment. so now just to f with the guy i got frost pres and just pull everything. he gets super mad and i think he broke his keyboard because his typing turned into - WTDFE EDUDE I WIKLL RTAPE YOUR DFACE AND SDHIT KON YOUR BARE SKULL!!!- now im lawling my ass off and say in party chat - lolol poor little 12yr old wanna go play ally side? maybe there you wont get your ass kicked by the dps ;D- he reported me for harassment again under the verbal abuse clause, due to the fact i said ass... i was banned for 3days, was mad bro.

---------- Post added 2010-09-16 at 12:56 PM ----------

oh btw happy ending, got my account back today
    Awesome story made the ban worth it.

Deleted
    It was a bad group but turned out kinda win :P

Our tank didn't understand english... that is a PAIN! so to speak.

Well anyway, we kept on to hope, but he didn't really pull. Our tank just stood there for around 10 sec after each group (we are talking nexus hc here)

Being the evil ppl we are we kicked the guy because even with the long wait for a new tank it would be way faster.
    Turns out one of the dps was his boddy, he was only bad at english so we didn't really mind.

Ofc he gets angry due to the kick (fair enuph really, but we just could take it anymore after the 8th time we were just standing doing nothing..)

He then tryes to body pull the next group and wipe us :O so we all keep back and watch him die the mobs reset and he is the only one who dies.

Point is ppl who don't talk english, plz keep away from english server, and if u are on them don't be tank / healer be the dps who are just there doing his job.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont blame him.

i /facepalm at you
    That's the reason why I'd rather be bored and tank heroics than enjoy healing (I'm a prot/holy pally). It's a waste of my time to sit there as a healer and get horribly geared tanks and take more than 15mins to do my daily heroic. I'm able to blow through most heroics within 10 to 15mins of zoning in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchType View Post
    Dude people dont queue as tank becasue there impatient people queue because having to wait 20 mins to half an hour for ONE dungeon is disgraceful
    Put a group together in /2 then, like we all had to before the LFD tool, could take longer imo.

---------- Post added 2010-09-16 at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Soulseizeer View Post
    Worst exp with LFD tool: ppl who think you need to be defcapped to tank 80 heroics! For U guys who don't know: there is no boss/mob who will CRIT-oneshot you in 80 heroics!!!!!
    Wait, what? I'm pretty sure you'll be decimated in ToC5 HC without 530 defence rating (I seem to recall 530 for 5 mans?)

535 for any heroic. 530 isnt make or break so i'd heal it. Honestly when healing a tanks job is to meet certain requirements and defense cap is one of them. 18k hp and defense cap is golden, but no defense cap and those crits can mean a wipe. I refuse to heal anyone below 525ish defense. (depends on hp and dungeon)

Quote Originally Posted by Velion View Post
    Wait, what? I'm pretty sure you'll be decimated in ToC5 HC without 530 defence rating (I seem to recall 530 for 5 mans?)
    This and any of the ICC dungeons. You ain't crit capped get out. If you're low geared know your cool downs and when to use them. Although given its a 5 man who is really on their a game?
    That thing that mark twain said about opening your mouth was merely a setback!

Dude people dont queue as tank becasue there impatient people queue because having to wait 20 mins to half an hour for ONE dungeon is disgraceful
    Yes because the old system was instantaneous.