Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I usually only end up kicking people who don't say they are new to the heroic and end up clicking and pulling the wrong stuff...

Take deadmines for example, we had 1 pug with our guild group. I'm a tank, our other 2 dps and healer are raid geared so 1 pug dps shouldnt matter that much regardless of his dps (yeah he did 4k or so..). Now normally i would just say hi, and further ignore the guy. But on reaper he just jumped into the mechanical and started to attack the boss. meaning we whiped due to being overrun by elementals. At this point he said he had never done it before, which pissed me off as he should have said so before the fight. Now i told him not to touch anything and just tag along and observe. But still he ended up clicking the cannon when we already killed a few parrots and our healer died + him because of this. And he clicked the notes when we wanted to try for the achievement seeing our healer still needed it and i hand't explained him yet wtf he should be doing. At this point i was getting really pissed off and in my eyes, deserved a kick. He was lucky my guildies were more forgiving.

Deleted
    Just had a VP heroic with a hunter pulling 3.9k dps top & boomkin doing 5.5k top. It was terrible... they ended up leaving at second boss due to massive dps lacking.
    And ofc boomkin was like "5k+ dps is for HC - 9k+ dps is raid" and hunter had the usual excuse "newly dinged"...

Deleted
    Myself (ele shaman) and a guildie (ret pala) felt like doing a heroic (yeah, I know, first mistake). No guildies online except the two of us, so we grouped up, jumped on our guild's TS so we could chat, and queued. I'm reasonably geared for heroics, 333 quest/normal blues, some heroic blues, couple of rep reward epics, all gemmed and enchanted. Pala friend is much the same. Nothing too fancy, but we can get respectable dps in a heroic depending on fight mechanics, group comp etc. We're fairly good at tactics and paying attention, even if we've never been somewhere before.

Queue pops after about half an hour (It woulda been faster if I'd decided to heal... But I wasn't in the mood).

Grim Batol loading screen. "Cool", I say, in TS, as it loads. "I haven't done this one on heroic yet". We all load into the dungeon. Tank and healer immediately leave without so much as a word spoken in party chat. The other dps follows about three seconds after. "Wtf?" I say, and request new party members from LFD. Two more minutes pass, we get a well geared DK tank, disc priest and a mage, and these guys actually stop to say hi and buff up. Cool.

We start pulling. DK tank disregards the many cc options available and just runs with it. Poor disc priest has a minor heart attack, but runs with it, desperately chugging mana drinks after each pull while the tank runs ahead. We point this out, and the tank grumbles "I have a raid in 45 minutes, can we hurry this up?". Whatever. We carry on. Nuke stuff from dragon back, we get to boss #1. Wiped for some reason I don't remember. Tank grumbles again. We run in, try again, and it dies without a hitch. Onward to the next pile of trash. Disc priest is having a panic attack, we wipe on a trashpack, as we're running back in tank shows as offline. He's clearly not coming back. I kick him. Group asks why, I explain. Disc priest leaves group without a word.

Sigh. Tank and Healer #3 arrive. This time we have a pala and a something, another priest maybe. This tank marks and we're cc-ing perfectly and trash goes like a dream. We reach boss #2, and immediately lose our mojo. Nobody seems to be able to stand in the right place, people are eating caveins and being burnt by the stupid firebreathing shield and throwing themselves into polls of lava (tank and healer included). Two wipes and the tank has a strop and leaves, closely followed by the healer.

Tank and healer #4 arrive. A druid and possibly a shammy healer. Druid says "3 dungeons in progress, and everyone's stuck on this boss, I hope you're better than the last idiots", and proceeds to eat a cave in and stand perfectly still like a fat useless lemon while he's got his mace out and dropping lava. She dies, says "you're worse than the last lot" and leaves. Healer drops too.

Tank and healer #5 arrive. Paladin and a holy priest. The paladin keeps the boss positioned sensibly and kites him a bit, and the priest is chucking out lightwell in useful places, and the boss dies. Onward to the next load of trash. We're still using CC if needed, and it goes rather well. We skip the boss that summons in a dragon because none of us particularly feel like it, and clear up to the end. Brief reminder of tactics, with emphasis on SLOW THE ADDS AND KILL THEM FAST, and we engage it. And then we die. We get back, try again, and we die. Tank tries to work out what's going wrong, my guildie and I run down what we'd been doing, no probs there, mage says she's been doing more or less the same, fine. We pull it again. We die. Tank apologises but says the situation is unresolveable because our dps is too low, and leaves, followed by the healer.

Mage asks for party lead as a tank she knows is online, I hand it over. Tank #6 arrives - another paladin. We grab a healer from LFD - a shaman, and go for it again. We die.

Mage's tank friend gets on my case about slowing the adds. I'm frost shocking my little heart out, dropping earthbind as they run in together, and burning them down as fast as I can, with help from mage + my guildie. He says I'm doing it wrong. He says he did this on his ele shaman and had no problem. He tells me to frost shock and drop earthbind by the place they run in from. I'm thoroughly exasperated by this as it's exactly what I've been doing. He says we should all be slowing the adds - guildie points out that ret doesn't have a slow effect. Tank says well [mage] should be doing slows too with frostbolt or whatever. [mage] says nothing.

We try again. Same problem. There's some frustrated remarks from resto-shaman and the tank. I look at the mage on recount. She's evidently fire spec as all her used spells are fire-based ones, and she hasn't used a single spell with a slowing effect in the entire instance. I point this out. Tank gets off my back. I implore the mage to use frostfire bolt or whatever in her rotation for this boss, or *something* with a slow effect, as I can't do this all by myself. Mage says ok.

We pull it again. We get him to 18% and then we die. I look at recount again. The mage has cast frostfire bolt once, and then gone back to her rotation (which was probably fail anyway, my ret friend was out dps-ing her by 2k+ for most of the instance).

I ragequit. Pala guildie follows suit. At least we know why 3/5 of the original group members left as soon as they zoned in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyriansnow View Post
    I ragequit. Pala guildie follows suit. At least we know why 3/5 of the original group members left as soon as they zoned in.
    lol and ouch.... So glad I don't play any more. I can read these horror stories like little Aesop's/Grim Brothers tales during breaks and never have to worry about going through it and fruitless hours wasted.

9/10 for effort and entertainment!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-25 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyriansnow View Post
    Pretty much how every Grim Batol I've ever been in on HC has gone :/ Most annoying thing is despite all the group changes, working hard and getting to the last boss with one last change, and having the newcomers abuse you 'til you leave and they reap the benefits (well, assumedly)...

10+ Year Old Account
    8 tanks in Grim Batol hc before the first boss - after 9th tank at throngus the group broke up (
    I tried to sleep on my keyboard - Not a good idea, WASD on the cheek in the morning.

Yet another story:

So one day after i started doing Archaeology to level it up/get Zin'rokh instead of queing as tank i qued as dps, since i have pretty decent gear and I'm certain that i am fairly competent at Dpsing.So after about 40 minutes of being the queue i get:Halls of Origination."Nice" I thought should be fun right? Dead wrong...The group composition was:

Arms Warrior(Me)
    Warlock
    Mage
    Priest healer
    And
    Prot Pally(The idiot)

So we are at the first trash pack some marks were put up on the trash,but as soon as they were the pally just charged in."Oh no" i thought "not this kind of tank"Needles to say...we wiped.The healer simply could not keep the tank up due to the massive oncoming damage.The pally of course being an illiterate moron says something in the lines of:"WTF HEALER?! YOUR SHIT!"And then it went like this:

Me:"well of course what did you expect going in without CC?"
    Pally:"CC is for n00bs"
    Warlock:"OMG wrath bby"(some broken English and nonsense was thrown about)
    We go in again and we die again
    Pally:"OMFG shit group!"
    Me:"Would you please start using CC?We died because you started rushing in like that"
    Warlock:"same as above"
    Pally:"Stfu noob you pulled 2k dps there lol scrub" (I tried to stay alive for the most part and there were adds everywhere all unmarked and the tank kept switching targets so assist was virtually useless)
    Pally:"Wrath was better"
    Pally:"OMG Cata brought shitty players"
    Pally"I'm better than you scrubs lol"
    He attempted to kick the healer it did not pass
    Pally:"OMFG scrubs!CC makes stuff easy!" (My brain melted at this statement)

At this point it was just a cycle of me telling this guy to stop it and him insulting the whole group and later the Warlock and priest left(Priest DCed anyway)

Pally:"Me>you"
    Pally:"OMG people so bad in Cataclysm"
    Pally:"ROFL"
    Pally:"anyway cba with you"
    Pally:"I am tank i get insaque"
    Me:"Well i get instant queue too soo fuck you "
    Pally:"Good luck whiping then"

Yeah biggest idiot I've seen in the dungeon finder yet.Funnily enough he had PvP gear some poorly itemised stuff and a wrong spec and couldn't play for worth a damn.Anyway we finished HoO with me tanking.Wow i really hope i could meet this guy again it was just too damn awesome as to the amount of stupidity that was seen.A real wrath baby.
    Last edited by Xandemar; 2011-01-29 at 04:02 AM.

You know, normally my resto druid gets really good groups, but tonight, for some reason, I've been paired with people from Cenarion Circle and it's been horrible. Tank refused to tank adds in Vortex Pinnacle and I died on the very first pull because the big add beat on me the whole time. I told the tank to get control of adds and he told me to quit crying. I dunno, I guess I'm old fashioned and expect that healers heal better when they aren't spamming heals on themselves.

So i jumped on my Holy Pala, as i managed to get Tyrande's Favourite Doll, and wanted to see how it works. Deadmines pop-up.
    We got Paladin Tank. Went through first trash packs, no CC, and i noticed Tank was gettin a lot of damage. Right maybe he's not using his soft cd's to help me out, but whatever.
    First Boss went down easy - no probs at all.
    Then we move on through trash again, and i notice he is taking loads of damage. I inspect him and he's got like 5-6 pieces of blue pvp gear (bloodied i think). So i ask - can You switch Your PVP gear for PVE, You are taking loads of dmg mate. Then he gets angry, saying in chat that it is PVE Gear. So i check his gear again, and it's still PVP items (+ some greenies and ilevel333 blues). Only thing i noticed was that Crit Strike was reforged to Dodge on PVP items >.< So anyway we proceed through door to 2nd Boss, and tank pulls 2 Oaf Ogres (or whatever they are called) and he basicly drops like a log. Well at this point we killed the trash (Druid was quick to react and CR'd the tank). After i ressed dead I said that, that's it for me. Advised Tank to get some tanking gear from normals. Waste of time, but in the end everyone one (including the tank) were like - ok, thanks guys. BB. /Leave
    So no Rage quits, or trying to kick people.

the kick system that NEVER works.. Is by far the thing that pisses me off the worst.. If you get a shitty player kick his ass, if you get an AFKer kick his ass.. If you get a selfish prick kick his ass..

But nooo kicking has been deemed ilegal by blizzard and there for gives everyone in the fking group a 40min cooldown from when you enter, before you can kick anyone. Meaning you are NEVER gonna neither finish nor wait for 40 mins if you have an AFKer or your just not gonna finish if you have 2 dpsers laming about at 4k dps..L2P gtfo give us the ability to be able to kick these mentally challenged wankers.

See its pissing me off just talking about it..

Deleted
    Waited 30min as dps to get into random HC, as soon as I got in tank leaves, then healer and then the two other dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykus View Post
    It sucks, but the truth is that atm majority of people are doing 5mans for daily VP or gearing alts. And I wouldn't want to explain every boss tactics, especially DM's via text chat. Read/watch the basic tactics from internet and don't mention it's your first time there.
    This is because you're a cock. It takes like 20 seconds to explain tactics to anyone that isn't stupid, and someone taking the initiative to explain it's their first time is rarely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrox View Post
    Just had a VP heroic with a hunter pulling 3.9k dps top & boomkin doing 5.5k top. It was terrible... they ended up leaving at second boss due to massive dps lacking.
    And ofc boomkin was like "5k+ dps is for HC - 9k+ dps is raid" and hunter had the usual excuse "newly dinged"...
    LOLOL I do 12k dps on my spriest on BH10 and i have yet to down a raid boss in cata - because I R PVP HERRO
    5.5k dps is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE HAHAHA - 9k dps is so bad for a raid i don't even know what to say for that ... this is hilarious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathcrab View Post
    This is because you're a cock. It takes like 20 seconds to explain tactics to anyone that isn't stupid, and someone taking the initiative to explain it's their first time is rarely stupid.
    And if they are clueless and stupid? I don't have to be a saint either since many people in lfg act just as dick anyway.

~Being kicked for going to slow
    ~Being kicked for not doing an achivment right
    ~Being kicked because I didn't know of the fight for the last boss
    ~Being kicked for going on the robot to kill the adds
    All from Deadmines.

Deleted
    6 tanks at DM It was a long night...

Deleted
    As I normally only queue with guildies or friends, the abuse I get is somewhat limited. However I wanted to dps today, since nobody was online. I get DM and immediately the tank bails. The healer was geared and the dps looked okay, so I clicked tank and we got a dps right away. Now I normally don't bitch about low dps (6-7k ish), so I didn't mention how terribad the shaman was. Anyways, shitlock keeps pulling stuff. I keep taunting and swiping etc. I then ask, if he could pls watch where he's going. He laughs...... He blew up the door to the area with the parrots and out came several mobs (as they always do). Then the healer ran in and pulled the damn parrots, pulled adds standing at canons and so on. I was like boiling at that time.

Down all the bosses up to Cookie, where I just wanted to ask, what strat to use - i.e who's eating and who isn't. Shitlock pulled Cookie, so I did what i normally do - EAT! He then yells at me "stop eating the food ffs tank". I didn't even respond to that, I just kept eating lol. Anyways, boss goes down. I ask them nicely to stop pulling for me, then the healer says "lol, there was nothing to tank". I said, that that wasn't the point. I explained my point and still got "lolz" "QQ" etc.

Then I said, that if they couldn't respect me and the role I play, I would just leave. I left...... It's not like this is the worst I've experience in LFTARDS, but somehow it just pissed me off soooo much. I think in general, that rude behavior is alot more insulting than ppl just perferming like they where blind and deaf.

This certainly reminded me, why I should NEVER tank for pugs - Enjoy your fucking long queue times!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    As I normally only queue with guildies or friends, the abuse I get is somewhat limited. However I wanted to dps today, since nobody was online. I get DM and immediately the tank bails. The healer was geared and the dps looked okay, so I clicked tank and we got a dps right away. Now I normally don't bitch about low dps (6-7k ish), so I didn't mention how terribad the shaman was. Anyways, shitlock keeps pulling stuff. I keep taunting and swiping etc. I then ask, if he could pls watch where he's going. He laughs...... He blew up the door to the area with the parrots and out came several mobs (as they always do). Then the healer ran in and pulled the damn parrots, pulled adds standing at canons and so on. I was like boiling at that time.

Down all the bosses up to Cookie, where I just wanted to ask, what strat to use - i.e who's eating and who isn't. Shitlock pulled Cookie, so I did what i normally do - EAT! He then yells at me "stop eating the food ffs tank". I didn't even respond to that, I just kept eating lol. Anyways, boss goes down. I ask them nicely to stop pulling for me, then the healer says "lol, there was nothing to tank". I said, that that wasn't the point. I explained my point and still got "lolz" "QQ" etc.

Then I said, that if they couldn't respect me and the role I play, I would just leave. I left...... It's not like this is the worst I've experience in LFTARDS, but somehow it just pissed me off soooo much. I think in general, that rude behavior is alot more insulting than ppl just perferming like they where blind and deaf.

This certainly reminded me, why I should NEVER tank for pugs - Enjoy your fucking long queue times!
    ^^This.

When the dungeon breezes by, "great dps"!
    When no one ever dies or everyone survives a tough fight, "great healer"!
    When tank pulls too slowly for *one* person, "shit tank!"
    When a dps (all cds, flasks+pots up) overaggros the tank in the first second when the tank has just got round to starting to hit it, "shit tank!" or "why can no tank ever hold aggro against me, am I so l33t? QQ!"
    When tank pulls too fast one-time for *one* person, normally healer, "ffs, tank!"
    When a run finishes perfectly paced with no threat issues at all and zero deaths, "great group!" (at best).

Couple, this with:
    - a. tanks being able to gear up past heroics faster than anyone else by a mile (due to zero queues because no one else wants the job) and the large overlap, these days, of tank and dps gear
    - b. Vengeance in raids largely making threat a non-issue, therefore by comparison making heroic dungeons a lot more work and skill required than a typical raid
    - c. ratio of required tanks to raids vs dps and healers meaning supply of capable tanks is actually far greater than demand,

if good tanks didn't actually enjoy tanking, its a wonder that anyone tanks for dungeon pugs at all!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-31 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    today i tried running a random took my 30-40 minute dps queue like a patient person while doing archaeology got in Halls of origination the second the load popped the tank and healer were gone and we sat there baffled we waited 16 minutes for the next 2 second they got in they were gone we waited 20 minutes same result after that i just ragequit haha i never ragequit is there something wrong with that heroic or something

Heres one from today.
    The healer we had was doing both DPS and Heals.
    I dont know whats worse, the fact the healer had higher DPS than the rouge and shaman or that the healer was doing dps