Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Your worst experiences with the Dungeon Tool

hFoS...
    war tank was 29k unbuff. the always-switching-never-building-solid-single-target-threat kind, my worst nightmare.
    i was frogging some mobs so he would have less to worry about => he always went for it and defrogged them
    obviously knew nothing about heroic throw or shield bash, or even worse didn't have gag order
    first boss: instead of running away from the corrupted soul fragments, he was running into them
    second boss: no spell reflect nor shield bash on phantom blast, died in wailing souls saying "don't understand, i haven't done something wrong"
    second try on the boss: he died right away, and left group afterwards...

hPoS, tankadin who didn't even half decent aoe threat...
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fromthedark
    the healer responds with: "her dps was shit, i could pull more dps by spamming smite, she isnt geared enough to be in here" at this point i raged. Ofcourse you could, you outgear her by a mile. wtf is with her not being geared enough to do a heroic...how else are you supposed to get geared.

Quite a dumb reason for being kicked from the most simple of heroic dungeons.
    If the healer can outdps a dps, the dps fails. Almost always.
    When people say "you're not geared enough" they usually don't give a damn about your gear. This the way they tell you that your performance is very poor. I guess that was the reason behind the kick the OP was talking about.
    How are you supposed to get gear? You know there are normal instances you can run until you learn your class. You can even get emblems while running normals (2 per day + 1 per each boss in ICC 5mans). Also you can level your rep and buy lvl200 blues and epics from that.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by koimagheul
    hFoS...
    war tank was 29k unbuff. the always switching target kind, my worst nightmare.
    ?? Warrior tanks MUST switch targets to produce decent threat to hold aoe aggro. I guess you're pro.
    Other things you said were right Gag order is needed, reflect is good, etc

I'm an ICC25 geared resto druid, so in heroics I generally /follow the tank and watch TV while wild growthing and keeping rejuv on a tank. The worst experiences just come from the tank not understanding group synergy. It's like, I don't care if I'm doing a heroic and you're doing like 1600 dps because your gear is blues or greens. I do care when a tank pulls like he has 25k group DPS, and the dps just can't keep up. As long as a run goes over alright and no one's a dick, I'm happy healing them.

The "worst" experience I guess I've had wasn't all that bad. A couple friends were queueing with a tank friend of theirs who just dinged 80, who had 23.5k health as a prot paladin (Not to mention his spec was like 0/66/5 or something odd like that). They were really grateful that I stayed, but that was a bit angering.

Deleted

Once I got a grp to ToC hc and I left on first encounter when your on the horses cuz everyone was dead and havent downed one horde boss... I just said to the grp that they must have something wrong with the mental health cuz I find it rly hard to not fail on the first boss

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    I think my worst experience was when 3 kids from the same server were in my group. They vote kicked the Tank, and then because Lead got passed to me, declined the accept button to LFG to get another Tank. I think they would've tried to vote kick me, but couldn't. Damn kids.
    What server? Gurubashi?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    ?? Warrior tanks MUST switch targets to produce decent threat to hold aoe aggro.
    icc geared enhsham. the second a sub geared tank switches target the mob is on me :/ (even when i'm just autoattacking, had been playing that instance both hands tied behind my back)
    btw i often play war tank in heroics, tc + sw + cleave is more than enough to hold threat on most packs in heroics, plus a good pair of eyes and a finger on taunt if a mob escapes ^^
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

As a whole I've had some really great experiances. However, my worst experiance would have to be in Heroic Forge of Souls. The "tank" had about 23k hp buffed with kings. I told him to put on his tanking gear. He said he had it on. We wiped a few times before i gave up.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

There have been many but this is my funniest one instead.

Me and two friends joined random hc me dps them tank and healer. Now the healer and me have good gear and the tank had good enough gear to tank the instance but not amazing. We got gundrak and got a random dps with horrible gear and a really well geared hunter.

Now the hunter refused to use misdirection and kept nuking the non focus target and pulling aggro. Now normally we wouldn't care but he was being an absolute arsehole about it. We downed all the bosses except the last one and the optional one and he went into a huge rant about it bitching and moaning that he was only there for his random frosts and noobs like us where keeping him from them etc.

So just before the boss we vote kicked him . Note to that hunter don't be such an arse to other people.

I have to hate the 800dps from the DK that joins, or the always fail mage. One time a igot a mage that pulled 7k dps on a boss, that was nice. I hate the multiple dk's / ret pallies that pull <800 dps. I could pull more on my pall with just his relent sword. I don't mind the bad dps but they always tend to go afk constantly. Or they don't bring a dps that can carry them (or tank or healer). I don't mind when full groups join as friends but when the tank is a pally and has intel trinkets.

I HATE THE DUNGEON KICK CHANGES. I hate not being able to kick bitchy low ass dps'ers. I join a group and they talk shit or w/e then know that we can't kick them for at least 10/15 minutes which is most of the instance at the rate i do heroics. And now smart ass game designers made it so we can't kick shortly after combat.

^^^ that totally rules out kicking the bitchy tanks that get mad that you dps hard.

As a healer or tank i really DGAF if you pull aggro with straight damage. In fact i like the struggle of healing hard / tanking. What i don't like is being bitched at when i wasn't able to keep their 15k squishy asses alive or pull off of their random ass target that is 20 yards from me while i'm aoe tanking.

First of all Im not one to post about bad heroic experiences because there are so many but jesus christ last night was a shit show. So Im in a gold making mood so I decide to farm some frozen orbs/badges for gems. I que'd with my friend who is a warrior tank so we got instant ques. Im playing on my rogue who I would have thought by myself, qued with good players because of my gear, boy was I wrong. heroic nexus a painfully long/easy heroic. A priest decides to let me die and just stands there on the first mini boss that whirlwinds, now I popped evasion/feint obviously but awful rng I still got one shot. The priest doesnt rez me and says "anyone that dies to that deserves to run back" and I ran back simply because I didnt want to wait. And the rest of the place this dicksore decides to just not heal me and says again "oh sorry looks like my rogue heals are broken" being a fucking faggot. So happily I bandage/eat mage food and dont take any gigantic damage spikes from anything and stay alive the rest of the place. This priest has awful 232 gear/gemmed for spirit shit like that. It just pisses me off when someone awful says something like that in party chat when its like dude have you seen your gear have you seen how bad your healing is? I swear nothing pisses me off more. Sure I consider myself an elitest raider, I was in the world 2nd sunwell progression guild I know what Im doing blah blah blah. But the fact is that NOBODY should have to put up with that christ

/rant
    thank you.

A resto druid that had full T9.0, BoE random items (half of which were attack power pieces) a Black Knights Rondel healing me...
    New and shiny compppppp!

icc geared enhsham. the second a sub geared tank switches target the mob is on me :/ (even when i'm just autoattacking, had been playing that instance both hands tied behind my back)
    btw i often play war tank in heroics, tc + sw + cleave is more than enough to hold threat on most packs in heroics, plus a good pair of eyes and a finger on taunt if a mob escapes ^^
    If you're waiting until people pull aggro, you're doing it wrong. Tab-deving and cleaving so that you spread threat around is required for trigger happy DPS that don't focus on one thing.

Nameplates make everything easier.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed
    If you're waiting until people pull aggro, you're doing it wrong. Tab-deving and cleaving so that you spread threat around is required for trigger happy DPS that don't focus on one thing.

Nameplates make everything easier.
    we're talking about heroics here, most mobs are dead before anyone can pull aggro of any decent tank, and i don't raid as prot on my war. sure tab devastate is the way to go, but if you don't even try to build decent single target aggro on the focus...

Yesturday I got a group of groups. My os tank gear gs is about 5700. I got a healer just above 4k. More than good enough to heal me. And three dps below 3k gs. Dtk took 25 minutes. I had more damge done than ALL THREE dps. I wanted to stab myself.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account

stormscale-EU

(some people from stormscale are good players but the most people i have met from there are total douches)

Deleted

the always switching target kind, my worst nightmare.
    we MUST switch target to hold aggro on aoe pull, the other things u said was right

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Yesturday
    I got a group of groups.
    My os tank gear gs is about 5700. I got a healer just above 4k. More than good enough to heal me. And three dps below 3k gs. Dtk took 25 minutes. I had more damge done than ALL THREE dps. I wanted to stab myself.
    Heroics are for noobies to get gear, so how in the world do you expect them to be anywhere your consecrate spam with a 5700 GS?

Quote Originally Posted by Silenteyes
    It's not my worst experience but one of the most annoying.

When DPS sign as tanks in the lfg system and your all there buffing up some says "Where's the tank?" you inspect the Guy with the tank icon on his/her profile to see that they are dps geared and specced, When they are asked if he/she has offspec tank they deny actually signing up as tank and claiming it is a bug...
    something similar happened to me once, a boomkin signed up as a healer, im usually a healer myself but i chose to go dps for the day as its more 'fun' and it just pissed me off a bit that i chose to wait 20 odd minutes not minding it when i could have gotten a group in 2 minutes if i'd healed instead, while this guy who didnt even have a healing os decided just to sign up as a healer anyway to get a quick group, if i'd done the same but just dps'd i'd probably have been kicked

Quote Originally Posted by Neofrascati
    we MUST switch target to hold aggro on aoe pull
    i know that... but you build solid threat on the first focus before switching and still keep an eye on it after. most of those "bad" switching tanks DO NOT.