Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Your worst experiences with the Dungeon Tool

from a locked thread:

I had this in a heroic the other day. I figure queueing as a tank would always be faster than DPS'ing so I queue as tank. I get in a group with a 5500 GS healer and like 4200 DPS. I think this shouldn't be too bad so let me TG tank this. It works for a little but I give up and go prot. My dps is now like 1800-2200. The shadow priest has been doing 1400 DPS, the warrior isn't there and the mage is doing 3k. Heh, whatever. Then once I get to the drake handler room I notice things are going sort of slow. Prince Keleseth takes for fucking EVER and at the end only me and the shadow priest were alive. By this point the warrior has been d/c'ed since the forge area. The mage is off having a wank (?!?) and it's only me, s priest and resto 5500 GS shammy.

The mage gets back in time for the final boss... so we basically 3 manned the place, with me doing the most damage by far. These fuckers were all in the same guild and I knew if I vote kicked the warrior I'd be out instead. Next time I am doing that or acting like a dick so I get kicked as that place took over 45 minutes. Or shit, just dropping the group entirely, that was just retarded.

If they start penalizing you if you do what I plan to do in situations like that I'd be very unamused. Those asshats should be the ones being punished, not someone who gets themselves kicked, leaves or does something else to get out of that BS situation.

It almost made me stop queueing as a tank for the rest of the night but I did a couple more and while sometimes there were no PDS over 2k, they were nowhere near as bad as this. I don't give a fuck if your dps is 1.3-2K, but for the love of god, at least don't go AFK for half the damn instance or more. The upside to queueing as DPS with ICC25/10 + some 245/232 is that your runs will pretty much always end in 15 min or less no matter how much DPS the other members are doing as long as the tank and healer aren't retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I was healing on my Holy Priest in normal Nexus (I was 73 or 74 at the time, I think).

I'm spending every single pull going through about half my mana trying to keep everybody alive. Halfway to the mage boss, the enhance shaman posts a recount log showing the number of hits/misses/parries/dodges/etc. of our Prot Paladin tank.

Actual hits: ~2%

The Shaman starts asking him what his weapon skill is, but he doesn't respond. We keep going, still taking it slowly. We wipe at the group that is in the same room with the mage boss (this was my fault...still learning the ropes at the time, didn't realize I had the wrong person targeted...but having to keep everybody else up really didn't help).

We come back, heal, buff, get ready to take on the trash again. This time...the tank aggroes the group AND the boss. We all run in and do our best. I probably got more experience healing as a Holy Priest than any other moment in my life during this fight, making use of every ability, cooldown, and consumable. Amazingly, we actually killed everything without a single death, although my mana was completely empty and everything was on cooldown. The Shaman whispered me a "/salute".

The tank then goes and aggroes two groups at the same time and dies when I get silenced. He waited for a rez (yeah), and then left the group. We got a Prot Warrior replacement, and I spent the rest of the dungeon just tossing out the occasional Renew. It was really boring. :
    Nyuthing!

Quote Originally Posted by hoot80
    I was healing Heroic HoR on my resto druid who is still wearing mostly 245s and a few 251s and 264s (resto is my offspec). We had a DK in the group and he pulled aggro off the tank (who was under 40k health with motw, kings, and the dungeon buff), at the same time I got stunned, got off one rejuv and then got feared, got off one wild growth and then got put in an iceblock. By this time the DK and tank had both died because the DK pulled aggro and the tank was a little undergeared for the instance. The DK then starts yelling at me about how I wasn't geared enough to heal the instance...ToC 25 and ICC 10 gear isn't good enough to heal heroic HoR? He wouldn't let up. He kept telling me my GS was too low to heal (5500 at the time) and that I was a n00b and a lot of other nonsense. I looked at his gear and he had a 4600 GS, no enchant on 4 pieces of his gear, no meta gem, and missing 3 other gems. He also still had two blues and a mixture of epic gear that obviously did not come from raiding. I was really getting angry. This guy with missing enchants, missing gems, and 900 GS lower than me was telling me I wasn't geared enough for the instance. For reference I was having to put out 4000 hps in a friggin 5 man just to keep people alive because the tank was having troubles holding aggro. We kicked the DK because he was an idiot and then the tank left because I'm pretty sure he realized that it was mostly due to his gear/experience level that we had wiped. I didn't blame the tank because I hate pointing fingers, but I was having troubles not unloading on the DK.
    Lemme guess, the DK was using strangulate/mind freeze/chains of ice/agro management/whatever else he could to improve the groups chances of success. Oh wait, wrong thread...

10+ Year Old Account

Sidenote: Can A Staff Member who might recognize this post delete/lock the thread I Copy+Pasted this from? I wish I took the time to find this before I made said thread XD

For the most part it's an amazingly useful feature. It's all but ELIMINATED /2 calls for groups =D

What do you do when after waiting 10 to 30 mins (Unless you que for Tank/Heals, which is 2 mins tops) for a que you get a **** Paladin/DK/Warrior/Druid Tank who thinks just because their class CAN tank that THEY can tank? Or how about the Rogue or DPS Warrior/Paladin(s) who aggro before everyone's ready, causing frequent wipes?

It's one thing when it happens on one realm but cross-realm you have to wait 15 minutes and hope everyone agrees to VTK or sit through a 15 min Debuff to reque. Here's two of my worst experiences--one as a DPS, the other as tank. In both cases I was leveling a toon.

A few weeks ago I was doing Scholo via LFD. About 4 minutes in the tank drops for no reason. My DK happened to be Frost Spec and I know how to DK tank so I was asked to tank until a new tank showed up. The other two DPSers were a Rogue and a Warrior while the Healer was a Balance Druid. Two tanks and three wipes later we clear the first room. It was at this point I noticed the Druid's Spec and I called her out on it. I asked her why she qued as heals when she's not resto and had the group wipe several times. She offers no explanation but says she can "heal fine" and this was after several wipes. I get fed up and initiate a VTK but it doesn't pass. It's at this point a drop the group and shell out 10G for repairs (I had BC Greens and Blues at the time).

Last month I was doing VC via LFD. I'm using my then Prot Warrior to tank with a Priest Healer and three DPS (Rogue, Warlock and Mage). For about half the instance the Warlock aggros mobs, nearly wiping the group on several occasions. After barely clearing Sneed I tell the Healer to stop healing the Warlock, who having noticed this agrees. Warlock aggroes in next tunnel and dies along with the Mage. Priest rezzes mage but not Warlock at first. It's at this point I say "Who's tanking?" Warlock says nothing but drops group, obviously mad we let him die for his trying to wipe the group. We clear the rest of the instance with just four XD

...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Death Knights.

Enough said.

>

heroic FoS on my hunter in which i did 70% of the overall damage against a dk and warlock. I don't mind carrying one person or just picking up some slack from two, but doing basically all the work for a whole instance just irritates me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lusei
    Death Knights.

Enough said.

>
    DPS or Tanks?

...Oh wait >.>;

Now that I think of it, a few guildies and I were talking yesterday as to weather or not Blizzard meant for DKs to be a Tanking Class. Maybe it's because I haven't hit 80 on my 3 DKs yet (I play on 3 different servers) but in the Randoms I've done with DK tanks 9 out of 10 of them can't hold aggro to save their lives. I dunno if it's a design flaw (I personally think it is as well as other factors) or just because the (inexperienced) player assumed because it's a plate user it can tank.

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    heroic FoS on my hunter in which i did 70% of the overall damage against a dk and warlock. I don't mind carrying one person or just picking up some slack from two, but doing basically all the work for a whole instance just irritates me.
    Forge of Souls...wait a minute! Do you remember the name or spec of the Warlock from that instance? What's your Battlegroup?!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt
    DPS or Tanks?

...Oh wait >.>;

Now that I think of it, a few guildies and I were talking yesterday as to weather or not Blizzard meant for DKs to be a Tanking Class. Maybe it's because I haven't hit 80 on my 3 DKs yet (I play on 3 different servers) but in the Randoms I've done with DK tanks 9 out of 10 of them can't hold aggro to save their lives. I dunno if it's a design flaw (I personally think it is as well as other factors) or just because the (inexperienced) player assumed because it's a plate user it can tank.

DPS specifically.
    I don't care what they do as tanks if I'm on my hunter, I have a means to avoid repair bills then.
    When I'm tanking however.. no DK in Unholy or Blood Presence should have Army of the dead taunt at all.

Story Time

K, so last night i queue and wait 10-15mins and get into UK. I look around and I see a DK tank (you all know where this is going) "OH GAWD DK TANK LAWL, Votekick him JKJK" I say jokingly. He gets upset =( "Fine. I'm going to let you die first" he says. Eventually we get into the Forge part b4 the dragons and I've been pulling things off of him this whole time (I'm a warlock in T10, AKA aggro magnet). I eventually die because ofc the healer sucks just as much as the tank even with me fearing mobs off me. I rez, then he walks into the dragon room and ninjapulls 4 mobs and the healer almost dies. (I remain out of combat =]) We get to the first boss and he cant even put out enough threat and I have to end up tanking him (not hard since its magic damage). I proceed to call him a baddie and tell him to role a paladin. He gets upset and ninjalogs. Group falls apart I have to end up waiting another 20mins to queue, I read a book. GG

After that I got another DK tank (worse gear but this one knew what she was doing).

Like most ppl I have had quite a few bad experiences with the new LFG tool. But probably the worst one, and the only one I can think of atm is when me and a friend in my guild got OK. I was dpsing on my pally alt and he was tanking on his dk. After the first boss, some greens started to drop from trash mobs. Turns out our rogue rolls need on all of them. When we ask him about this (it's not a big deal, just quite rude) he says "he needs it for enchanting". Anywho, neither of us can be bothered abour it and just proceed. After a while we get to the large room after the Prince boss, with all the cultists etc. My friend pulls one pack, and then our rogue decides to pull another pack (and yes, he did it on purpose, FoK ftw). Let's just say, with my friend being a bit inexperienced with tanking he failed to pick em up properly, and the rogue dying immediately, they nuked our healer down and it was a wipe. Ofc the rogue starts calling everyone out, blaming my friend (who was doing fine if he got to do the pulling) and for some reason he's trashing our healer calling him a bad.

Slighty irritated, we start to make our way back. Then, of course, our rogue just runs into uncleared trash, and kills us yet again. Now we're pretty pissed with him, so we ask him to stop fucking around and please focus. Then, third time around, he tricksted our healer, pulled uncleared trash, and vanishes. Needless to say, our poor healer got killed, we vote kick the rogue, and finished the place within 5 min without him.

10+ Year Old Account

I usually try not to generalize my experiences with LFD because I've had some good experiences. Unfortunately, most have been bad and almost all of them are because of the shortage of decient tanks or healers in LFD, a disgruntled person annoyed to be to same instance (via Random LFD) for the 6th time that day (Blizzard seriously needs to look into this, people get tired after awhile).

Here's my absolute worst and unlike most of the ones I've read so far, the group broke without finishing. In fact, it was yesterday. I qued random Heroic and after about 30 mins I end up in TOC. I was using my Warlock Fomortiis (feel free to do an Armory check). The first thing I noticed was the tank and one DPS were together while myself, another DPS and the heals (A druid) were simply added to the group. The Mounted Combat portion was cleared so the Healer said "Alright cool I hate the mounted part" and I admit I just assumed the pair (who were on different servers) we joined just had a bid group. Once we started, I realized the horrible truth.

We're fighting a Shaman, Hunter and Rogue (Tauren, Blood Elf and Undead) Champions of the Horde. The Tank aggroes the rogue, completely ignoring the Shaman and Hunter. His friend follows suit. No surprise, the Hunter picks off the Healer (who eventually runs out of mana, of course) and myself while the Shaman keeps healing until finally the group wipes. Tank blames healer even though it was obviously his fault for ignoring the Hunter and Shaman. For the next attempt I switch from Destro to Afflic and prettymuch one-man the Shaman and the Hunter. The Tank (a Warrior) ignores the poison clouds and dies fighting the Rogue, only to be joined a few seconds later by his friend. Myself and the other two new people somehow hold off the Rogue (I had all the aggro at this point) and avoid a full wipe.

At this point it's clear to me and the healer the tank and his friend don't know wtf they're doing. We VTK the tank but his friend and the other DPS veto. At this point the other DPS saids in party chat "I'm not waiting another hour for another tank for LFD" and it's clear with the tank's next move he intended to punish me and the healer for wanting to VTK him. He pulls all three mobs, runs between me and the healer and immediately shadowmelds while his friend Vanishes. Amazingly, the third DPS (a Hunter) manages to zone out before being killed. What the Tank didn't notice was I SS'd the healer before I got killed so when the group wiped (they and the Hunter returned and got killed) the healer SS'd and rezzed me, then refuses to rez/heal the others.

Of course, we wipe again (on the easiest part of the instance, which shouldn't happen) and I call the tank out on his lack of experience. The Hunter (who at this point catches on) yells at the tank over the fact his pet is easily taking the aggro from him despite not being BM and not having a tanking pet out. The tank says the DPS sucks and all his gear is red from the wipes. Thankfully, his friend choses now to point out I prettymuch soloed the last group after they wiped four times (so they wiped 3 times before we came--interesting, I know) despite not being Demo.

Heals offers to give this another chance and tank agrees to one more go. We clear the mob and get to the Argent Champion. We get him down to about half when the tank's friend suddenly D/Cs. About ten seconds later the tank leaves the group and we wipe. At this point the healer leaves, fed up and that's all she wrote. A three figure repair bill on my part and no Emblems or Soul Shards (I exhausted them all) to show for it.

I can only HOPE the changes 3.3.3 brings will be the first of things to come. Like others have said, I don't feel I should be punished with the Debuff because of others. If this is the case, then no more LFD for me then.

Last night a couple guildies and I were in our early 60s on some alts so we decided to queue up for a random. We get Ramparts. Notice the tank is a DK so we start bitching in vent. Yep, he can't hold threat. We wipe on the third or fourth pull. On our way back from the corpse run, we start bad mouthing DK tanks. Get back in and the DK and another dps hadn't released. At this point I notice that the DK tank didn't have the random queue debuff, so I initiate a vote kick. Since I have two guildies with me, it goes through immediately. We start bad mouthing the dps that didn't release and he just drops group.

Next up, we get two DKs to replace the empty spots. This time something magical happened. I can't explain it. If you've done Ramparts, we are on the pull very early in the instance with the three casters and a melee that you need to LOS pull. Our new DK tank holds aggro just like the previous one (not at all) so we struggle to clear a trash group and then all of a sudden that caster pull starts coming towards us, then the group behind them, then the pats, and by then we are all dying. As the last of us dies, the ENTIRE LOWER PORTION OF THE INSTANCE is attacking us. Including the first boss. No idea how that pulled. Was comical to see.

So as we are corpse running back I'm bad mouthing the new DK tank. He gets emo and quits. We collectively sigh a sigh of relief as my guildies were talking over vent about just leaving group. Too bad the DK dps that joined was apparently queued as a tank too and he gets assigned as tank. He didn't release either so we sit there and bad mouth him about being a DK and not releasing and he emos out of the group.

By this point we have gone through three DK tanks and we weren't even halfway to the first boss. We have about 1 minute on our random dungeon debuff so we're about to just call it when the new tank arrives, a paladin. Holds threat like a champ, barely takes damage, everyone in the party was rejoicing.

I really, really, REALLY wish there was a "no DK" button for random dungeons. I would GLADLY wait 20 minutes longer to be assured I would have no DKs in my group. What a worthless class played by complete idiots.

I have not come across groups that simply fail at a heroic. There are cases of tanks autoattacking without special abilities and similar or healers only healing the tank, but even these tend to finish. If required - I don't really even need to dps outside of when invisibility or mirror images are up and most trash dies before it reaches the dpser in the case of overaggro.

My worsts experiences come from when a certain members of a party start non-constructive badmouthing another for gear, performance or whatever. Useless drama for something that will be over in few minutes anyways.

azjol nerub is good for at least one thing: you know right away when you're in a fail group.
    i was on my tankadin alt (i stopped playing it quite a while ago because i was pissed that the +stam trinket never dropped even after 30++ runs)
    so i queue up for both AN heroic and ToC normal to hopefully get those damn +stam trinkets, and AN pops.
    second pack, no one but me focus the skirmisher (quite usual you might say, and doesn't matter much with mobs dying so fast these days).
    pack cleared, i proceed to pull the left watcher, but before i even get in range of the shadowcaster to cast avenger shield, i see a death coil flying by, followed by a ghoul( blame those stupid death knights).
    i'm still the only one on the skirmisher, and even with divine wrath and hammer of justice i can't keep him stunned long enough to keep him from going for the healer (dps still focus anyone but the skirmisher -_-)
    as i go back to pick it up, the next watcher butts in without any kind of anouncement from the boss (was kinda too busy to see who pulled it). i pick it up and manage to keep every single mob on me, but the group dps is so low that the last watcher properly kicks in. i pick it up, tank the whole mess at a safe distance from the boss... who comes in MUCH sooner than he should have (another ninja pull -_-)...
    i dropped the group on the way back from the wipe.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

I get AN and have a mage in the group so I think "Woot, quick instance and a mage to bug out the second boss to make it even quicker!"

In reality: Resto druid falls off the walkway, dies and agros trash we wipe, DK(dps) is death-grip happy and taunts the spider before it clears the other spiders and doesnt have the dps to kill it without being over run, mage blinks ahead and pulls the final boss before anyone else can even get inside the room, another wipe. Resto druid dies to the pound, another wipe. 7 minute instance turns 30 minute instance.
    www.dramaloot.com

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vek%27nilash&cn=Evilgopher

your worst experiences with the dungeon tool.....

Crushridge players, i never thought an entire server deserved to be labelled with being useless but i have never found a single crushridge player that was even close to being competent.

My worst experience is that my ignore list cant handle all the idiots I want to add to it.

There is no real worse but many equally bad experiences to pick from so not gonna start listing them.

As long as the run goes smooth I dont care if people do crap dps or cant play their class or what gear they are wearing. Omg the instance takes 5-10 mins longer. To many e-peen idiots around.

Give bigger ignore list damn it!

I did Heroic Occulus yesterday with a group of horribly geared toons, the bear tank was at 24k health in bear, 2 of the dps had pvp gear, and everyone's dragons had 75K hp exactly. Which means they were low of gear score to get the extra scaling of the dragons. Funny thing was we still got the achievement for clearing it so fast. It was a total kick in the nuts on my part seeing as how I was doubting the group from the beginning. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

I was on my lock, and and his GS is roughly 5400, nothing amazing, but everyone in the dungeon was 3.2k and below, the tank was at 3k, I was like "I'm scared of doing damage " and he's like "Go ahead, I might surprise you.". That group not only did better than 99% of my geared groups, they were all extremely friendly, and the pulls were very quick. What a twist, eh?